Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Madden 21 - Detroit Lions Ratings

Not sure how many of you play Madden but thought I would pass along the list and we can have a discussion of who we think was rated too high, or too low. I have only provided players above 70 so if you don't see them they are lower. Their rank amongst their respective position is in parenthesis.

Golladay - 86 (T-20th)
    Flowers - 86 (T-19th)
    Jones Jr. - 85 (T-23rd)
    Coleman - 84 (T-18th)
    Trufant - 83 (T-21st)
    Ragnow - 83 (8th)
    Collins - 83 (T-31st)
    Stafford - 83 (T-11th)
    Johnson - 82 (T-24th)
    Shelton - 81 (20th)
    Prater - 81 (6th)
    Amendola - 80 (T-68th)
    Harmon - 80 (T-31st)
    Hand - 78 (T-29th)
    Hockenson - 77 (T-25th)
    Walker - 77 (T-45th)
    Okudah - 76 (T-59th)
    Roberts - 75
    Swift - 74 (T-60th)
    Decker - 74 (T-17th)
    Jones - 73 (T-77th)
    Allison - 73
    Oruwariye - 71
    Tavai - 71 (T-109th)
    Hall Jr. - 71
    Ford - 71
    Okwara - 71 (T-155th)
    Davis - 70 (T-119th)
    James - 70

Golladay seems right at 86 but when you see that it's the 20th highest WR, I start to reconsider that number. He's definitely in the top 15 based on last year's performance so maybe a little closer to a 90 would be more suitable.

Stafford seems low at 83, that puts him at the 11th highest rated QB. I believe he could be slightly higher than that.

Prater is one of the best kickers in the league. Even at 6th he is rated at 81 which I think is prety low. At least high 80s or something.

Thoughts?

Also, this is the state of the Guard position specifically:

Dahl - 68 (T-53rd)
    Wiggins - 64 (T-84th)
    Jackson - 63 (T-93rd)
    Garnett - 63 (T-93rd)
    Aboushi - 63 (T-93rd)

I know it's Madden and plenty of people, players included, have a large problem with their rankings. Pat McAfee just talked about that a bit on his podcast, it is interesting to hear a player speak on it and why it is some frustrating.
    That said it does help highlight a problem a lot of us have said and have with the team: there is no real true bonafide stud/impact player on this team. Even if you want to argue that "impact" is a subjective term, and you can, there is not one player on this team I would call a star. We have yet to see a Suh, Megatron, Sanders etc come from BQ's drafting. Now, yes, these guys are hard to find and exceptions to the rule but even then picking as high as we have we have not found anyone that is above good. Decker? fine. Davis? awful. Ragnow? Good, trajectory yet to be seen. Hockenson? Disappointing 1st year but door remains open. Golladay is on the verge but after that, no one truly stands out. Even free agency has less than inspiring results, including splurging on a edge setting rusher with limited speed/athleticism and no support across from him. It's a roster composed of solid players, interesting youth and crappy depth though this past offseason has strengthened the depth department .

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I know it's Madden and plenty of people, players included, have a large problem with their rankings. Pat McAfee just talked about that a bit on his podcast, it is interesting to hear a player speak on it and why it is some frustrating.
    That said it does help highlight a problem a lot of us have said and have with the team: there is no real true bonafide stud/impact player on this team. Even if you want to argue that "impact" is a subjective term, and you can, there is not one player on this team I would call a star. We have yet to see a Suh, Megatron, Sanders etc come from BQ's drafting. Now, yes, these guys are hard to find and exceptions to the rule but even then picking as high as we have we have not found anyone that is above good. Decker? fine. Davis? awful. Ragnow? Good, trajectory yet to be seen. Hockenson? Disappointing 1st year but door remains open. Golladay is on the verge but after that, no one truly stands out. Even free agency has less than inspiring results, including splurging on a edge setting rusher with limited speed/athleticism and no support across from him. It's a roster composed of solid players, interesting youth and crappy depth though this past offseason has strengthened the depth department .
    Hahaha I love listening to Pat McAfee, good sense of humor.

I listened to his bit on the Madden Ratings and I think he covered it pretty well. It is of course just a video game but at the end of the day it does have a psychological effect on the players. I'm sure players of the 90s didn't really pay attention to it much cause it was a relatively new game but players that are in the league now grew up playing the game. Of course they are going to look and be concerned about their ratings when they get drafted. In McAfee's case, just because he's a punter shouldn't mean that he has a very low rating in speed, arm strength, tackling, etc.

and yes, the ratings definitely bring to light the fact that the Lion's roster is lacking that game changer. You can argue that Golladay is on the verge of being that but he does need another season or two to really solidify himself.

what was Prater's kick power? I can see getting docked for accuracy since he isn't even reliable for EPs, but he has as much distance as anyone

Hockenson.......so glad we drafted him so high.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Hockenson.......so glad we drafted him so high.
    he looked awesome that one game!

Hock would've been a Pro-Bowler on any other team tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    what was Prater's kick power? I can see getting docked for accuracy since he isn't even reliable for EPs, but he has as much distance as anyone
    Kick Power is 97
    Kick Accuracy is 90
    Zone Coverage Rating 25

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Kick Power is 97
    Kick Accuracy is 90
    Zone Coverage Rating 25
    ok I haven't played the game in a few years, what the hell is zone coverage rating?

that has nothing to do with kicking, right? that's like his ability to defend a pass?

you might've made a joke that went over my head lol, or there's a literal zone coverage kicking attribute. I get confused easily

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    ok I haven't played the game in a few years, what the hell is zone coverage rating?

that has nothing to do with kicking, right? that's like his ability to defend a pass?

you might've made a joke that went over my head lol, or there's a literal zone coverage kicking attribute. I get confused easily
    hahaha nah, not related to anything kicking. Just was posting a random category that had nothing to do with kicking. Just funny to see what they rate some categories.

you don't joke with the perma-drunk. It's not nice.