Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YouTube channels that you follow/recommend

I figured this could be a good discussion to get us looking at some content that might interest us. Brett05 got me thinking this when he recommended Phil Hughes' channel for sports card collecting.

Who are some YouTube channels that you like to follow? Here are some of mine

Rick Shiels golf- https://www.youtube.com/user/RickShielsPGAGolf

He has a good mix of advice videos and stuff he does for fun, such as using a 1-iron for an entire match, driving with a putter and he golfed left-handed to celebrate 1 million subscribers.

HowToBBQRight- https://www.youtube.com/user/howtobbqright

Malcolm Reed is great. I use a ton of his recipes and people say that I need to get into competitions of my own. He also has a companion app that has all of the recipes (and more) on it. He just started a podcast recently as well.

The Ozzy Jedi- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOO...7SpBB7VxcmdBgg

I started watching his channel for Battlefront 2 videos and news, but he's doing other Star Wars related items and is an EA Gamechanger for Star Wars.

Eckhart's Ladder- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp6...aXiDj5otWBmIjg

Fantastic Star Wars lore videos, from both the old Expanded Universe (Legends) and the new canon. He also covers some other video game lore and some gaming.

RedLetterMedia: Started with the Plinkett review of The Phantom Menace and have stayed since. In a day where channels feel corporate or shallow, I appreciate the genuine nature of their reviews even if I disagree quite a bit. They don't just stick to movies everyone knows about either, rather exploring all types including introducing me to movies I had not heard of before and enjoyed ie: A Ghost Story, Overlord, Verotika etc. The Nerd Crew I also recommend for a laugh if you are not a fan of shill channels as this is a parody of that.

DeadEndHipHop: Similar to RLM I appreciate the genuine, in depth look at hip hop and their exploration of it's impact of society and culture. I suggest some of their older Q&A videos as well as they digging deeper into hip hop history, issues and personal exploration.

Mr.Sunday Movies: Two guys talking about movies. Simple enough but specifically I like the humor and the comradery the two hosts have, it feels like two friends talking to one another thus making the material feel natural. They focus a little more on the mainstream movies but again feel genuine and not inherently shilling.

UrinatingTree: **** posting sports fan while not being too over the top imo. I love it. I'm not always expecting facts as it is **** posting but I always get a laugh or two.

Geekdom101: I'm a big fan of dragon ball z so to find a channel that digs into the franchise, the lore behind it, the history of it, why it came to be, and how it has impacted so many people is interesting to me. It is funny, informative, and engaging for fans of the franchise, while again coming off as authentic in criticism and praise.

TheRunAwayGuys: I'm not a big gamer but I have always been interested in watching other people play games. I am interested in how and what conclusions they come to solving puzzles, tricks and glitches you can use to better beat a game, how they approach item a gathering and other pieces of compartmentalizing games that is asked of you you among other reasons. I find the three guys here funny, interesting, and again authentic. I appreciate that I can feel their passion and appreciation for games. I also appreciate that it is the easiest channel to get into and one that I can just turn off my brain/anxiety for 20 minutes and laugh along or have it in the background for noise.

Funnymaine: Not an Alabama fan at all but I do love the little snippets of a fan "watching/reviewing" their games. Sometimes also going over big moments in the SEC and the rest of college football that week.

https://www.youtube.com/GoodMythicalMorning

Usually a nightly ritual we watch before bed.

Outside of them and some of their offshoot channels, don’t really subscribe to others.

I did have some gaming channels that I still am subscribed too but don’t watch anymore.

Oh also this

https://www.youtube.com/c/BadLipReading

But they only do videos every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    RedLetterMedia: Started with the Plinkett review of The Phantom Menace and have stayed since. In a day where channels feel corporate or shallow, I appreciate the genuine nature of their reviews even if I disagree quite a bit. They don't just stick to movies everyone knows about either, rather exploring all types including introducing me to movies I had not heard of before and enjoyed ie: A Ghost Story, Overlord, Verotika etc. The Nerd Crew I also recommend for a laugh if you are not a fan of shill channels as this is a parody of that.

DeadEndHipHop: Similar to RLM I appreciate the genuine, in depth look at hip hop and their exploration of it's impact of society and culture. I suggest some of their older Q&A videos as well as they digging deeper into hip hop history, issues and personal exploration.

Mr.Sunday Movies: Two guys talking about movies. Simple enough but specifically I like the humor and the comradery the two hosts have, it feels like two friends talking to one another thus making the material feel natural. They focus a little more on the mainstream movies but again feel genuine and not inherently shilling.

UrinatingTree: **** posting sports fan while not being too over the top imo. I love it. I'm not always expecting facts as it is **** posting but I always get a laugh or two.

Geekdom101: I'm a big fan of dragon ball z so to find a channel that digs into the franchise, the lore behind it, the history of it, why it came to be, and how it has impacted so many people is interesting to me. It is funny, informative, and engaging for fans of the franchise, while again coming off as authentic in criticism and praise.

TheRunAwayGuys: I'm not a big gamer but I have always been interested in watching other people play games. I am interested in how and what conclusions they come to solving puzzles, tricks and glitches you can use to better beat a game, how they approach item a gathering and other pieces of compartmentalizing games that is asked of you you among other reasons. I find the three guys here funny, interesting, and again authentic. I appreciate that I can feel their passion and appreciation for games. I also appreciate that it is the easiest channel to get into and one that I can just turn off my brain/anxiety for 20 minutes and laugh along or have it in the background for noise.

Funnymaine: Not an Alabama fan at all but I do love the little snippets of a fan "watching/reviewing" their games. Sometimes also going over big moments in the SEC and the rest of college football that week.
    Lmao I love Geekdom. I had a feeling that when I saw your username, that you would post an anime related channel. Forneverworld is another good one for anime, especially if you like Naruto/Boruto. I’m sure you’ve also watched dragon ball abridged by TFS.

As far as other channels go, I’ve been watching a lot of SB Nation beef recently lol. Stories about the beef between sports players is always fun, especially the one about McGwire and Canseco.

Gameranx is a really good gaming channel to me.

I think everyone knows Jomboy by now too but he probably does the best baseball breakdowns out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

My kids are all over youtube. They really don't watch normal tv any more, and when I suggest it, they only want to watch their favorite youtubers.

Here's a list of what they like:

The preschool boy: Thinknoodles, FGteev, Extreme Toys, Twin Toys, NinjaKids, Engineering Family, Annoying Orange, ThumbsUpFamily

The middle school girl: Leah Ashe, SisterSquad, IamSanna, etc (mostly roblox or unboxing based content).

I suggest you "Different Vintage". Is an italian channel (eng subs) with some cool reviews of the old sovietic trucks like the ZIL 131. Really funny to see that old cars and trucks

SlowMoGuys - The original slow mo video channel
    Rainfall Projects - Farmer/maker
    Welker Farms - Farmer/mechanic
    Tested - Adam Savage maker builds
    MightyCarMods - Car modifications
    Cleetus McFarland - Car racing and stupidity
    That Pedal Show - Guitar pedals
    Andertons - Guitar product reviews with occasional silliness
    Jack Frags - FPS games
    Stodeh - FPS games (sniper)
    Sacriel - FPS games (sniper)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RyanMoody21

If you hate the Madden games, like I do, watch this channel. It really exposes what an awful joke they are.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Many interesting suggestions in this thread. Thanks all

Only just getting into Dr. Disrespect he is funny

Vlog Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post

If you hate the Madden games, like I do, watch this channel. It really exposes what an awful joke they are.
    I bought maximum 2019 to support competition for madden. Hopefully we see it one day again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post

All Pro Football 2K8 is such a an overlooked gem. Wish they would drop another.

I've been watching a lot of retro gaming channels lately.

Pixel Game Squad
    Retro Rick
    Speedruns and blindfolded speedruns

Its insane how they still find NES and subsequent older consoles and games at Good Will and other 2nd hand stores. Retro Rick has series called the $10 game collection challenge and its pretty great. He started with 10 bucks, bought 5 Wii games for 2 bucks a pop, flipped a few of those, kept 1 for the collection, and just kept going from there. Dude has a massive collection built after 20 something EPs.

I recently discovered speedruns too and those are just nuts. Last night I watched 2 players share an NES controller blindfolded and beat Tyson's Punch Out while getting hit just twice throughout the game. It is something all gamers need to check out.

https://youtu.be/v4HnZ4-_HzI

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    All Pro Football 2K8 is such a an overlooked gem. Wish they would drop another.

I've been watching a lot of retro gaming channels lately.

Pixel Game Squad
    Retro Rick
    Speedruns and blindfolded speedruns

Its insane how they still find NES and subsequent older consoles and games at Good Will and other 2nd hand stores. Retro Rick has series called the $10 game collection challenge and its pretty great. He started with 10 bucks, bought 5 Wii games for 2 bucks a pop, flipped a few of those, kept 1 for the collection, and just kept going from there. Dude has a massive collection built after 20 something EPs.

I recently discovered speedruns too and those are just nuts. Last night I watched 2 players share an NES controller blindfolded and beat Tyson's Punch Out while getting hit just twice throughout the game. It is something all gamers need to check out.

https://youtu.be/v4HnZ4-_HzI
    Just watched someone beat Mario 64 in about 6 minutes without collecting a single star lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Just watched someone beat Mario 64 in about 6 minutes without collecting a single star lol
    Yeah. It's crazy to think how much time is spent to discover some of those glitches and that there's still people playing these old games for hours on end to try to set new record times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast