Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Ya Tukka does suck for leaving


    Can't blame the backup

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Let me clear up what I meant our backup goalie sucks against better teams.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,612
    NHL did it! Nice. No games Thursday or Friday.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,179
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    NHL did it! Nice. No games Thursday or Friday.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Here is the problem I have with all these athletes and racial injustice: They can sure go on at length about George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Jacob Blake, but where is their outcry for black people who are murdered in Chicago in gang related violence? Or black people killed by BLM and Antifa rioters/looters? If you want people to support your cause, you can't "Pick and Choose" which black lives matter. When you do that, you lose all credibility in your cause.
    Eichel Tower

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,202
    You can be offended by all 3 and that is the case here I believe but the way things are portrayed it feels as it people are ignoring one or the other. Part of the BLM movement is to bring awareness and funding to the inner cities that have been affected by systemic issues. That includes black-on-black crime, victims of the drug trade and circumstances that lead to drug use and selling, funding for education and empowering inner city citizens to have other opportunities for success, supporting black owned business, empowering black people to start their own business and so on. Yes, there are people who have made it out but if the scale of people who made it out versus who still struggle were even we wouldn't likely see the disparaging gap between the inner cities and cities that surround it. Look at Detroit vs. West Bloomfield here in Michigan as an example of that. Before it is brought up, yes people will take advantage of it and yes there are people who are lazy but that ideal does not translate to the population as a whole. That is a lazy generalization based in misinformation and hate from people who have never bothered to actually dig into the life and struggle of the Black community (not saying you but generalized outlook from people I have talked to over the years). Balanced funding and support for all puts an end to the riots and protest to the violence scale some claim to be. These actions stem from years of mistreatment, this can change but as outlined above.

    George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Jacob Blake, Tamir Rice, Elijah McCain, and the countless others are the faces of a movement but they are not the end game. They are a rallying cry for something much larger. Simply just arresting their murders (BTW for some that hasn't even happened yet) isn't enough and that is outlined by the defund the police movement. Mentioned above is what defunding the police would provide. That does not eliminate the position entirely but it re-allocates funds to other areas lightening the load for everyone. Also, too holding officers accountable as asked by this movement can help fortify the force for good by weeding out the bad. This also includes sensitivity training, stronger regulations, and proper conduct accountability. This also, again, goes back to communities providing other alternatives to life outside of a few select scenarios or the crime and violence we hear of.

    As far as the athletes go, they are a necessary part of the BLM movement. They fall into the idea of bringing awareness and change at a wider level. The face of the movement gets the attention and conversation going, it is up to people to see that and dig a little deeper, athletes help branch out to more people. Athletes being the face of entertainment in this country and influence to millions of people should be speaking out and reaching out to people who do not know or are unsure of what is really going on. People love and respect them and may take the time to listen, and if not soak it all in at least begin to do their own research. Everyone with a platform is necessary now as to become aware of the surface level problems and dig deeper as to why, in order to facilitate a larger change including the things you questioned.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 08-28-2020 at 12:55 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,612
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    You can be offended by all 3 and that is the case here I believe but the way things are portrayed it feels as it people are ignoring one or the other. Part of the BLM movement is to bring awareness and funding to the inner cities that have been affected by systemic issues. That includes black-on-black crime, victims of the drug trade and circumstances that lead to drug use and selling, funding for education and empowering inner city citizens to have other opportunities for success, supporting black owned business, empowering black people to start their own business and so on. Yes, there are people who have made it out but if the scale of people who made it out versus who still struggle were even we wouldn't likely see the disparaging gap between the inner cities and cities that surround it. Look at Detroit vs. West Bloomfield here in Michigan as an example of that. Before it is brought up, yes people will take advantage of it and yes there are people who are lazy but that ideal does not translate to the population as a whole. That is a lazy generalization based in misinformation and hate from people who have never bothered to actually dig into the life and struggle of the Black community (not saying you but generalized outlook from people I have talked to over the years). Balanced funding and support for all puts an end to the riots and protest to the violence scale some claim to be. These actions stem from years of mistreatment, this can change but as outlined above.

    George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Jacob Blake, Tamir Rice, Elijah McCain, and the countless others are the faces of a movement but they are not the end game. They are a rallying cry for something much larger. Simply just arresting their murders (BTW for some that hasn't even happened yet) isn't enough and that is outlined by the defund the police movement. Mentioned above is what defunding the police would provide. That does not eliminate the position entirely but it re-allocates funds to other areas lightening the load for everyone. Also, too holding officers accountable as asked by this movement can help fortify the force for good by weeding out the bad. This also includes sensitivity training, stronger regulations, and proper conduct accountability. This also, again, goes back to communities providing other alternatives to life outside of a few select scenarios or the crime and violence we hear of.

    As far as the athletes go, they are a necessary part of the BLM movement. They fall into the idea of bringing awareness and change at a wider level. The face of the movement gets the attention and conversation going, it is up to people to see that and dig a little deeper, athletes help branch out to more people. Athletes being the face of entertainment in this country and influence to millions of people should be speaking out and reaching out to people who do not know or are unsure of what is really going on. People love and respect them and may take the time to listen, and if not soak it all in at least begin to do their own research. Everyone with a platform is necessary now as to become aware of the surface level problems and dig deeper as to why, in order to facilitate a larger change including the things you questioned.
    This

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,386
    Great response Lionsfan..LOL.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,587
    Its official the Bruins suck.
    They went from the top seed in the league win the presidentís trophy, drop to the 4th seed, beat the Hurricanes in 5 games now are likely to lose to Tampa.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,202
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Its official the Bruins suck.
    They went from the top seed in the league win the presidentís trophy, drop to the 4th seed, beat the Hurricanes in 5 games now are likely to lose to Tampa.
    It's also a weird year and really hard to tell whose head is in it and not given the state of the world. It is reasonable to expect that maybe they are not all in it. That said they still have a really strong team, I wouldn't say they suck personally. I also know how I feel after my team loses so I can't say I your frustration is unwarranted.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,587
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It's also a weird year and really hard to tell whose head is in it and not given the state of the world. It is reasonable to expect that maybe they are not all in it. That said they still have a really strong team, I wouldn't say they suck personally. I also know how I feel after my team loses so I can't say I your frustration is unwarranted.
    One thing I donít understand is before the lockdown they had all the momentum then when the season restarted that momentum seemed to go away, came back during the series against Carolina up to the first game with the Lightning now itís back to like they donít care. I feel like if this Bruins team doesnít win a SC this yr or next their window will come to a close.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,202
    NYI-DAL is the ideal final for me.

    Honestly though any combo is fine.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    18
    I am watching the Vegas-Dallas, Game 3.
    I am liking this no fans.
    You hear the actual noises, the passes, all the hits, all the hockey noises.
    It's great.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,202
    Stars-Lightning in the Cup Finals.

    Can't say I saw that coming but I've enjoyed it. Rooting for the underdog here, go Stars!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,612
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Stars-Lightning in the Cup Finals.

    Can't say I saw that coming but I've enjoyed it. Rooting for the underdog here, go Stars!
    I usually root for the underdog! But I like the lightning. Ever since the hawks beat them in the cup finals. They're fun as hell to watch.


    And I hate these stars unis hahaha

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,202
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I usually root for the underdog! But I like the lightning. Ever since the hawks beat them in the cup finals. They're fun as hell to watch.


    And I hate these stars unis hahaha

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Makes sense. I like the Green and Black mix personally but to me any bright or bright-ish color goes well with black (baby blue and black ftw).

    Part of me thinks rooting for the team Stevie Y help built would be cool but I do not want to root for a division rival to win, even if the Wings are a dumpster fire. Definitely a good squad though and would make for a nice bounce back story after last year's embarrassing loss to CBJ.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,612
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Makes sense. I like the Green and Black mix personally but to me any bright or bright-ish color goes well with black (baby blue and black ftw).

    Part of me thinks rooting for the team Stevie Y help built would be cool but I do not want to root for a division rival to win, even if the Wings are a dumpster fire. Definitely a good squad though and would make for a nice bounce back story after last year's embarrassing loss to CBJ.
    Reminds me of the caps with ovi

    They were elite all season for years and as soon as they became an afterthought, thats the year they one


    Only in this case the lightning were still pretty much a favorite.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •