Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020 Training Camp Thread

Discuss Training Camp news, notes and observations here.

As a reminder, there will not be preseason games this year and there is a reduction in camp bodies due to Covid-19

Itís going to be fun to follow training camp this year. Change is scary but itís also exciting. Itís weird not having Brady, but Newton/Stidham (plus Hoyer) is a promising QB room. I expect Newton to win the job but Stidham is a legitimate challenger and has a year of experience in the Patriots system.

Newton appears to be in great shape and has had plenty of time to rest and rehab his foot (plus shoulder) issue. Newtonís last healthy stretch of football was elite too. NE saw what Baltimore did last year and could pivot to something similar (with more of a power run zone read). Newton may not be 25 any longer, but he can still move and is powerful. When Bill sees an offense that lights up the NFL, he has shown that he will adapt the Pats to take advantage of great ideas.

Harry, Meyers, and Sanu will be important to follow. Harry and Meyers need to take a step forward, and hopefully Sanu is over his ankle problems and can produce this season. Iím still high on Harry despite an injury filled and inconsistent rookie season. Harry is powerful as a possession receiver and can run after the catch too. Keene and Asiasi also form the future at TE. Iím not sure if theyíre ready to contribute early on, but the opportunity is there.

New England has some new faces along the front seven and has returnees expecting an expanded role. Over the past few years, Belichick has been able to bring in a number of different players and the defense has remained elite. Former Pats coaches have tried to raid NE, but I expect NE to be just fine. The secondary is still really good assuming some of the older players have not lost a step.

Letís just hope that the NFL starts on time and without any hiccups...

Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Itís going to be fun to follow training camp this year. Change is scary but itís also exciting. Itís weird not having Brady, but Newton/Stidham (plus Hoyer) is a promising QB room. I expect Newton to win the job but Stidham is a legitimate challenger and has a year of experience in the Patriots system.

Newton appears to be in great shape and has had plenty of time to rest and rehab his foot (plus shoulder) issue. Newtonís last healthy stretch of football was elite too. NE saw what Baltimore did last year and could pivot to something similar (with more of a power run zone read). Newton may not be 25 any longer, but he can still move and is powerful. When Bill sees an offense that lights up the NFL, he has shown that he will adapt the Pats to take advantage of great ideas.

Harry, Meyers, and Sanu will be important to follow. Harry and Meyers need to take a step forward, and hopefully Sanu is over his ankle problems and can produce this season. Iím still high on Harry despite an injury filled and inconsistent rookie season. Harry is powerful as a possession receiver and can run after the catch too. Keene and Asiasi also form the future at TE. Iím not sure if theyíre ready to contribute early on, but the opportunity is there.

New England has some new faces along the front seven and has returnees expecting an expanded role. Over the past few years, Belichick has been able to bring in a number of different players and the defense has remained elite. Former Pats coaches have tried to raid NE, but I expect NE to be just fine. The secondary is still really good assuming some of the older players have not lost a step.

Letís just hope that the NFL starts on time and without any hiccups...

Wow this place is quiet. I have Pats winning 9, not much shot at 7, no shot at 11.

Enjoy the games!
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Josh McDaniels sucks. God i hate him so much. The dumbest play call ever on that last play. This team is not going anywhere this season. They do the same ****ing play every time at the goal line. So pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    Josh McDaniels sucks. God i hate him so much. The dumbest play call ever on that last play. This team is not going anywhere this season. They do the same ****ing play every time at the goal line. So pathetic
    Im surprised you're not an OC and he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Im surprised you're not an OC and he is.
    I think anyone could have called a better play than that. A high school team would have stopped that. The day McDaniels is gone I'll be a really happy pats fan.

Once again McDaniels play calling is ****