Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Ballage had his chance and blew it. although it would have been nice to see what Drake could have done behind a re-made line. I think Drake balls out in ARZ as a RB1 in a full season.

Howard/Breida/Laird/Gaskin/Perry is just fine right now. It will be interesting to see if Perry makes the 53 man roster as a RB or WR though.

Im not surprised weaver is gone already.

That dude just cant get himself in shape. I remember after the draft flores said, "we like most of the guys we drafted".

I always had a feeling weaver was the guy he didnt like, and knew he would get rid of him first chance he got.

But it's good to hear most of other rooks are shining.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Ballage had his chance and blew it. although it would have been nice to see what Drake could have done behind a re-made line. I think Drake balls out in ARZ as a RB1 in a full season.

Howard/Breida/Laird/Gaskin/Perry is just fine right now. It will be interesting to see if Perry makes the 53 man roster as a RB or WR though.
    I dont think he will ever have a true position, will play a slash role in the nfl.

That dude did everything for Navy.

Scrimmage day so here's our first real test for the team. It appears that Fitz won't be participating. Flo was seen on the field early with his arm around Fitz who was very emotional. Didn't seem to be injury related.

Edit: and as I was about to post about reports of the team shopping Raekwon, Barry just tweeted that he's traded to the Raiders. Cant imagine its for much.

I loved how good Raekwon was in his specific role, but the fact is that its a very simple role. Biggest knack on him coming out was being a 2 down guy and thats all he's been. Elandon Roberts had already replaced him as the starter. That 2017 draft is right up there with 2013 now in terms of wasted picks.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-29-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Dolphins got the Raiders 4th in 2021 and traded Raekwon and a 2021 5th.

Raiders probably got better value but whatever. Getting a 4th for a 2 down LB on the last year of his rookie deal is solid.

Yeah he got passed on the depth chart, being mainly a two down LB it's hard to use him well.

Apparently Fitzpatrick's mother passed away. No matter who you are, that will always hurt. Reports are he may miss week 1. My fear is that if Tua starts week 1, he starts the rest of the year. I personally need to see Rosen step up and beat out Tua. Rosen was quoted as wanting a third chance, now is this kid's chance to shine in a system that should be good for him.

The trade of MacMillan was really nice value. A 4th coming back (even though losing the 5th) is a great trade chip to either move up, move back, or even trade for a vet in the off-season. Nice job by Grier.

But I agree with Kody, the 2017 draft is now officially dead to me lol.

Raekwon was in the final year of his contract and was going to be a cut before or after the season. All the more reason to celebrate getting at least a little something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Apparently Fitzpatrick's mother passed away. No matter who you are, that will always hurt. Reports are he may miss week 1. My fear is that if Tua starts week 1, he starts the rest of the year. I personally need to see Rosen step up and beat out Tua. Rosen was quoted as wanting a third chance, now is this kid's chance to shine in a system that should be good for him.

The trade of MacMillan was really nice value. A 4th coming back (even though losing the 5th) is a great trade chip to either move up, move back, or even trade for a vet in the off-season. Nice job by Grier.

But I agree with Kody, the 2017 draft is now officially dead to me lol.
    The only two picks left from that draft are day 3 players. Ones a decent rotation DT and another is a good 4th WR/Slot WR.

Absolute failure of a draft. Specifically on the Raekwon pick, this is a direct failure from Grier. Tannenbaum talked after the pick that the team had a lower grade on him (round 3) but Grier talked about how mature and how much of a captain he was. Same reason they took Minkah over Derwin and I bet a large reason they took Wilkins.

Tannenbaum was still the man in charge for 2017, don't think Grier had full control untill 18-19.

^^^^You're right but Tannenbaum made it clear that Raekwon was a Grier pick. His comments were along the line that Grier pushed so hard for Raekwon because of the leadership that they took him a round early. Theres also the story of Grier telling Ross to fire him if he wants because he was taking Minkah no matter what.

The Ballage trade has fallen through because of a failed physical. Ballage failed to convert an easy play once again.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-30-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Derwin was nasty is rookie year, but injuries have now derailed his momentum, whereas a change in teams has propelled Fitzpatrick. So Fitzpatrick over Derwin right now is a mute point, as Fitzpatrick is better than Derwin right now imo. Also, if Fitzpatrick does get to all-pro level, then why even complain that Grier wanted him before Derwin? both are great players (Derwin when healthy).

I LOVED Wilkins in college and thought he should have been the pick in the first place. I will not discredit Wilkins as our 1st rd pick. He has all the tools to be a great DT.

Harris and McMillan were both terrible picks, even when they drafted them in 2017 most people on this forum were like '???'.

2018, 2019 & 2020 seasons are what Grier should be graded on imo

2018 - Minkah (turned into LT Austin Jackson in 2020), Gesicki (starter TE1), Baker (starter), Smythe (TE2-TE3), Ballage (released), Sanders (starter K1)

2019 - Wilkins (starter DT1), trade for Josh Rosen (QB2-QB3), Deiter (back-up), Van Ginkel (rotational player), Prince (released), Cox (don't know what he is), Gaskin (RB4-RB5)

TRADES: LT Tunsil and WR Stills for 2020 1st rd pick (Noah Igbinoghene+) and 2021 1st and 2nd rd picks, Julien Davenport (Back-up LT), Johnson Bademosi (released)
    Minkah Fitzpatrick for 2020 1st rd pick (LT Austin Jackson)

2020 - QB Tua Tagovailoa, LT Austin Jackson, CB Noah Igbinoghene, OL Robert Hunt, DT Raekwon Davis, S Brandon Jones, OG Solomon Kindley, DE Jason Strowbridge, DE Custis Weaver (released), LS Blake Ferguson, RB/WR Malcolm Perry

We cannot judge Grier on his own until 2021 really. If in 2021, we are still a bottom feeding team, then it may be time to move on from Grier. Until then, I will hold my judgement, but will still opine on his moves.

I'm not saying we need to bury Grier, I've been a big defender for awhile lol. But hopefully he's realized that just drafting someone because they were a team captain or was the coaches pet doesn't mean that they're worth overdrafting. Call it the Dennis Hickey effect.

Does Grier get any credit for 2019 undrafted free agents? We have 4 guys from last seasons undrafted that will likely make the team this year and Preston Williams has the chance of being a really good WR.

Needham, Laird, Calhoun, and Williams.
    Last edited by Plague; 09-01-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Raekwon isnt a bad player but he doesnt fit the scheme anymore.

Flores plays heavy db sets and that leaves him out.

Not really anyones fault he doesnt fit the scheme anymore. Dont know why anyone would blame grier for that.

Same issue with minkah, new coach, new scheme, that's how the nfl works. Minkah is great, just not for us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast