Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think Flores is going to use Gesicki in the slot this year, like a lot. Sheehan brings athleticism to also contribute in that type of role (if healthy). Outside Gesicki, we have zero athleticism at TE lol. He's TC depth at this point and possibly a TE3 on this squad.

Remember Flores was on a team who's offense went primarily through the TE and slot WR . . . I think he's just bolstering the roster to try and bring in mismatch players. Sheehan is a mismatch player, but dude is glass.

We have placed CB Xavien Howard on the active/physically unable to perform list and LB Calvin Munson on the active/non-football injury list.

Those knee injuries are going to ruin X's career.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We have placed CB Xavien Howard on the active/physically unable to perform list and LB Calvin Munson on the active/non-football injury list.

Those knee injuries are going to ruin X's career.
    agreed. I think we're seeing the last season of X in a Phins uniform. I think the FO knew something like this may happen and that why they busted out the $$$ for Jones. And drafted Iggy in the 1st. CB depth is going to be crucial for this defense.

X is the prototypical CB Flores wants, just his injuries are mounting. no trade value now.

He's on the PUP due to the last knee injury and surgery after. It's not a new injury, just giving him time to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He's on the PUP due to the last knee injury and surgery after. It's not a new injury, just giving him time to heal.
    Yea but thats still not good. The decision to put him on IR was originally reported as more precautionary. Then it was supposed to be a small scope after the season, even though the Herald reported it was much more serious.

At this point I think its safe to say that he's just a consistent injury risk. Makes me happy that we signed Jones so we can rely on him to be the #1. But its tough to see that much money going to a guy with so many consistent knee issues.

How was he the one player that we didn't trade away last year lol

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea but thats still not good. The decision to put him on IR was originally reported as more precautionary. Then it was supposed to be a small scope after the season, even though the Herald reported it was much more serious.

At this point I think its safe to say that he's just a consistent injury risk. Makes me happy that we signed Jones so we can rely on him to be the #1. But its tough to see that much money going to a guy with so many consistent knee issues.

How was he the one player that we didn't trade away last year lol
    I think Flores and Grier saw him as a legit CB1, much like I did and I know some other guys on this board did too. I'm sure teams called about him and balked at the asking price (most likely a 1st+). He's a young CB1 you build around, and he didn't have anything bad to say about the coaches or his position (unlike Minkah). But yet another knee injury last year basically took the wind out of his sails. I still think the extension was a worthy gamble for this kid. Hope he can bounce back this year and play atleast 3/4s of the year.

I understand why they gave him the extension. Hes a great player when healthy, just came off his best season yet, and Flo loves DBs. Its just hilarious to me that out of EVERYONE we traded away, we kept the guy with knee issues that were prevalent before the extension.

Dolphis place Jerome Baker and Zach Sieler on the COVID list.

Broncos T Ja'Wuan James opted out of the 2020 season.*

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Broncos T Ja'Wuan James opted out of the 2020 season.*
    Glad we dodged that unbelievably predictable bullet. if he didn't opt out, he would have been injured somehow anyways

WR Allen Hurns is the first Dolphin to opt out of the season. He has a baby boy on the way so of course its not worth the risk.

Opens the door for a WR to take a spot in a crowded room

We also activated Tankersley off of the covid list and promptly cut him. Sucks to see but he just never bounced back from the injury in his rookie season. I still stand by my statement that he played better than X during that stretch.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-04-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Welp heres the first big one: WR Albert Wilson has decided to opt out of the 2020 season.

I was really excited to watch him in the new scheme. When Tua starts I felt like Wilson was the guy that would match the most with him. Really sucks that we won't get to see him this year and possibly again in a Dolphins jersey.

Add this to the report from the Miami Herald that the team is taking it slow with Preston Williams and he might not be ready for week 1. All of a sudden this WR core looks like the weakest spot on the team. Get used to seeing the name Jaylen Waddle in mock drafts...

all the more reason they went after Sheehan as a TE option. Gesicki is going to be split wide, or in the slot, a lot this year. He really is a WR in the scheme. Its time for Grant to prove he is worth the contract they gave him. Maybe he can be that game breaker that Tua can use? I still like our WR room as it stands. And there are still WR options out there as well. Personally, I'd kick the tires on Tavon Austin, to replace the speedy Wilson.

IMO Tankersley's biggest issue was his brain. He can do a simple job, like match up man to man against a TE, but in this defense, or in general, he simply cannot likely grasp the concepts necessary to thrive as well as many expected with his athleticism. Good sign that Flores probably realized this in year 1.

The #Dolphins placed DTs Raekwon Davis & Benito Jones, safety Brandon Jones, offensive guard Solomon Kindley, defensive end Shaq Lawson & receiver Kirk Merritt on the reserve/COVID-19* list. Jones was previously on the list.

Again it's very possible that none of these guys actually caught Covid, but were in contact with someone who had covid. But just due to the fact that there were 3 dlineman on today's list scares me that it might be going around that room.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast