Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2020 Training Camp Thread

Discuss Training Camp news, notes and observations here.

As a reminder, there will not be preseason games this year and there is a reduction in camp bodies due to Covid-19

Not really Dolphins related, but Jets traded Jamal Adam's to thr Seahawks for 2 1sts and a 3rd.

Considering the Jets had a killer draft I absolutely hate to see them get this ammo, even though they'll be late 1sts. This also makes the Minkah trade hurt a bit more for me. Obviousky Adam's was a proven commodity at the time but I still think we could have gotten more.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Adams is night and day better than Minkah. He's a easy top 3 SS in the league and can do everything, price was a bit high but it's how it goes. The Steelers pick was supposed to be higher than it was, remember they didn't even have a win and their QB was gone when they did that deal. They just figured out some stuff and won some games. A top 10 pick > two late 1sts and a 4th to 3rd upgrade.

The pre-training camp roster cuts have begun: the Dolphins have released WR Ricardo Louis and QB Jake Rudock, per source.

Bears are trading TE Adam Shaheen to the Dolphins for a conditional 2021 sixth-round draft pick, per source with knowledge of the transaction.

Shaheen is a name I recognize but have no real idea who he is. Seems to be more competition for Smythe for that #2 spot.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 07-25-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Adams is night and day better than Minkah. He's a easy top 3 SS in the league and can do everything, price was a bit high but it's how it goes. The Steelers pick was supposed to be higher than it was, remember they didn't even have a win and their QB was gone when they did that deal. They just figured out some stuff and won some games. A top 10 pick > two late 1sts and a 4th to 3rd upgrade.
    You're 100% right, but I'm trained to be sad. Still mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Bears are trading TE Adam Shaheen to the Dolphins for a conditional 2021 sixth-round draft pick, per source with knowledge of the transaction.

Shaheen is a name I recognize but have no real idea who he is. Seems to be more competition for Smythe for that #2 spot.
    The Bears onced hyped him up to be another Gronk type talent but injuries and bad QB play have effectively neutered him. At this point, Shaheen is JAG. Hope the Dolphins can unlock his potential but with Kmet in Chicago, Shaheen was going to get lost on the depth chart.
    Screw sabermetics.

Former 2nd round pick with incredible athleticism that we got for a throw away pick. 100% a great move by Grier. Worth the shot.

Former 2nd round pick with incredible athleticism that we got for a throw away pick. 100% a great move by Grier. Worth the shot.
    The Bears need TE talent and they pretty much gave Shaheen away for nothing. Don't buy into the hype. If he becomes something useful, great, but right now...he's JAG.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    The Bears need TE talent and they pretty much gave Shaheen away for nothing. Don't buy into the hype. If he becomes something useful, great, but right now...he's JAG.
    I'm not expecting him to be anything. It was obvious the Bears were moving on since they added 20 TEs in the offseason. Im just saying I like this style of move. It continues to follow the NE style of roster building. Like I said hes worth a shot.

They took Geiscki and helped refine his skill set while putting him in a spot to be successful. Maybe they can do the same for Shaheen. At worst he has more upside as the #2 than Smythe has.

#Dolphins have waived LBs Trent Harris and Avery Moss.

I think he was a second rounder 3 years ago. Been a bust in Chicago. Massive guy, like 6'6" and over 250 lbs. Been hurt a lot. Maybe they hope they can get a little DeVante Parker like awakening out of him. We should be so lucky.

EDIT: He was the 45th pick.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 07-26-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Giving up a 6th round pick is no big deal. Not a lot of talent is usually found in the 6th round.

Wasn't even a 6th was a 7th. It could become a 6th.

We have been awarded CB Javaris Davis from Kansas City and have waived/non-football injury TE Michael Roberts. We have also placed the following players on the reserve/COVID-19 list: LS Blake Ferguson, DT Benito Jones and CB Cordrea Tankersley.

Teams don't have to give details of why a player was added to the reserve/covid list, but the two options are either they have covid or came in close contact with someone who has covid and are quarantined.

The only players tested today were QBs, Rookies and players rehabbing. The rest of the team gets tested tomorrow. Hopefully its not a terrible number, but considering its Florida I wouldn't be surprised if half the team has it.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 07-27-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast