Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2020 Playoffs

2020 Playoffs

We snuck in. The Dodgers have a top notch roster top to bottom. Buehler will go game 1 and Kershaw game 2. What needs to happen to take 2 of 3.

Game 1
    I think we will go with a bullpen game and start Suter and then go Peralta, Williams, and Hader if in the game. Maybe sneak in another reliever here like Houser if he isn't slated to start. I doubt we get much going off Buehler but if we can get to him early and get to the pen we could stand a chance.

Game 2/3
    Woodruff would likely go in game 2 if we lose, I could see him get game 3 if we pull out an upset in Game 1. Kershaw is gettable but has had better stuff this year. Anderson would likely start the other game if his blister is ok. Otherwise I would go Houser over Lindblom. I would presume Dustin May and/or Julio Urias go in game 3 so it's not like there is a big drop in pitching for the Dodgers.

The way I look at it is we need 1 game of offense 7-8 runs and 1 game of dominant pitching. 2 games of dominant pitching would be nice but without Burnes I find that hard to hope for.

Man the Dodgers are dominant on paper. 5 guys in double digit HR, 3 at 8. There 5 main starters had ERA's under 3.44 and the pen has 12 guys with solid numbers. Anything can happen in the postseason though, go Brewers.

We should stand no chance but baseball is weird. Any team can win 2/3 from any team so who knows. All it takes is an off day by a starter and the bats getting hot and it could work.

Pulling out game 1 would be huge. Could allow us to push Woody for game 3 with an extra day rest and hope for another 7-8 inning gem. Bullpen the crap out of games 1 and 2 and see what happens.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 09-29-2020 at 10:26 AM.

That being said, I think there's a strong chance these are the last few games for Braun in a Brewers jersey. I know he hasn't been the same dude the last few years, but it is kind of sad to potentially see his career winding down. Hopefully he can have another big moment or two yet this year.

With the Bucks being out...the Brewers at least have a chance to bring a title to Milwaukee

That was quite possibly the most pathetic playoff lineup card ever submitted. Ryon Healey wasn't even good enough to be on the team for the majority of our 60 game season and he hit cleanup.

But that's the perfect way to end. We didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, and the performance shows we need offense desperately. Hopefully this triggers some soul searching this offseason and we figure out how to acquire legit major league bats, not a collection of cast offs.