Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020 Game Day Thread

Discuss all of the shortened 2020 season games here

It would be nice to get 3 of 4 from the Reds and last White Sox game, because the next 10 are vs. the Twins (6) and Cubs.

I wonder if Josh Hader will be available at the trade deadline even if we are playing well. 3+ years of Hader would be worth 3 or 4 really good prospects. If we could get a middle of the order type bat and high ceiling starter (that are in the upper minor or ready to start now) I think I would probably do it. Maybe there is a 3 team deal were we could get some proven player and prospect value.

Hader to Twins for Alex Kirilloff, Jordan Balazovic, Lewis Thorpe, and ptbnl
    Hader to Padres for Adrian Morejon, Michal Baez, Josh Naylor, and ptbnl
    Hader to Yankees for Clarke Schmidt, Clint Frazier, Luis Medina, and ptbnl
    Hader to Rockies for Ryan Rolison, Micael Toglia, Ryan Vilade
    Hader to White Sox for Michael Kopech, Jonathan Stiever, ptbnl (pretty good one)
    Hader (maybe add a small 2nd piece) to Red Sox for Triston Casas, Bryan Mata, Noah Song, Jarren Durran

This team kinda stinks. I think we all knew it was possible, but at the end of the day, we have been relying on everything falling perfectly in place for 2.5 years. And for the most part, it's actually been working. But this year was just too much to fall into place.

I mean, we have 2 everyday regulars who would start for pretty much every team in yelich and hiura. If Cain was around, he'd probably fit that description too. He's good enough to be a top 3 OF on most teams. Avi is a bit below that but is still a starter for alot of teams. Omar is probably good enough to be part of a C platoon for half the teams. But beyond that, 4 of our 8 main defensive positions are being played by guys who are at best platoon guys for most teams and are more realistically bench guys for alot of teams.

And the pitching staff isn't much better. Woody and houser are legit starters. Burnes is a back end guy for alot of teams with upside. But everyone else is maybe a 5th starter or swing/RP type. Hader is a legit reliever. Williams looks pretty solid, but the rest aren't great. Im not giving up on knebel but he isn't himself yet.

At the end of the day, there really isn't anything this team is above average at. We've been trying to peice meal things together for too long. At some point, we need to just get talented players. Platooning a spot or two, especially when you're small market, isn't a bad plan. Platooning 4 or 5 spots is just a bad plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    It would be nice to get 3 of 4 from the Reds and last White Sox game, because the next 10 are vs. the Twins (6) and Cubs.

I wonder if Josh Hader will be available at the trade deadline even if we are playing well. 3+ years of Hader would be worth 3 or 4 really good prospects. If we could get a middle of the order type bat and high ceiling starter (that are in the upper minor or ready to start now) I think I would probably do it. Maybe there is a 3 team deal were we could get some proven player and prospect value.

Hader to Twins for Alex Kirilloff, Jordan Balazovic, Lewis Thorpe, and ptbnl
    Hader to Padres for Adrian Morejon, Michal Baez, Josh Naylor, and ptbnl
    Hader to Yankees for Clarke Schmidt, Clint Frazier, Luis Medina, and ptbnl
    Hader to Rockies for Ryan Rolison, Micael Toglia, Ryan Vilade
    Hader to White Sox for Michael Kopech, Jonathan Stiever, ptbnl (pretty good one)
    Hader (maybe add a small 2nd piece) to Red Sox for Triston Casas, Bryan Mata, Noah Song, Jarren Durran
    You know opposing prospects alot better than I do, so I'm usually not one to propose too many deals, but I'm all for trading Hader. I was on board this winter already. He's a phenomenal tool but to use him effectively you need a really good team. We don't have that and Hader is essentially a luxury at this point. I'd much rather have young, controllable every day players at this point.

I know he's struggling, but rumors around summer guessed at something like andujar and quite a bit more for Hader. He's a guy that makes a ton of sense to me. Mets rumor including Dom Smith made sense too. Our corner IF is bare in the minors and in the bigs. Getting a young guy to plug at one of those spots would be nice.

Cain sitting this year and Braun likely being out next year also could open up a chance to trade for an OF yet too if we think the DH is here to stay in the NL. Could allow us to throw Gamel in as a cheap 4th OF option to sweeten a deal too.

The Brewers aren't very good this year and are bad at every phase of the game. Yelich dropped a foul ball that eventually lead to grand slam. There have been many fielding and throwing errors this season. They had men on second and third with one out and nobody could get a bat on a ball. Every time the Brewers score, it seems like they give up runs on the opponent's next at bat. Pitching has been bad, hitting has been worse.