Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    This is the second NHL team to be named after a cryptid (an animal who's existence is in doubt). The other is the New Jersey Devils, named after the Jersey Devil.

The S logo doesn't really convey a kraken, which is supposed to be a super-giant squid. Maybe the S is supposed to be a tentacle, but then the eye wouldn't make sense. A caller on the radio last night thought a kraken was a dragon because of the logo.
    The negative space in the S is the tentacle (in reference to what some believe that it may actually have just a giant squid), the eye is more of a reference to the mythical aspect of the kraken.

At least that's how I saw it. Some people just don't know what a kraken is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    This is the second NHL team to be named after a cryptid (an animal who's existence is in doubt). The other is the New Jersey Devils, named after the Jersey Devil.

The S logo doesn't really convey a kraken, which is supposed to be a super-giant squid. Maybe the S is supposed to be a tentacle, but then the eye wouldn't make sense. A caller on the radio last night thought a kraken was a dragon because of the logo.
    The "S" is actually a homage to the Seattle Metropolitans. In which it's the same font type. Also the Metropolitans were also the first team to win The Stanley.

As a native of the PNW, the Krakens will be my definite number two team.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think they fit well with the name and city.

Maybe that's it?

Also the sneaky negative area tentacles, the really cool way of implementing the space needle in the anchor, etc.

Cool release videos? Lol.

The name had me, this is definitely going to be my 2nd favorite team because imo it's the best nickname in sports. So I'm admittedly biased!

The colors are reminiscent of the Islanders ill-fated rebrand in the 90s. Those sill stand as one of the worst rebrand decisions ever made. In hindsight, they were so ugly they were great and I tried to convince my beer league squad to use them as our base uniform just to veer from the usually blue, red, black teams. As an NHL uniform, though, absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The colors are reminiscent of the Islanders ill-fated rebrand in the 90s. Those sill stand as one of the worst rebrand decisions ever made. In hindsight, they were so ugly they were great and I tried to convince my beer league squad to use them as our base uniform just to veer from the usually blue, red, black teams. As an NHL uniform, though, absolutely terrible.
    You know what's funny though, those Islanders ones are AMAZING as throwbacks. The 90s styles were just insane across the board lol.

Atlanta hawks, toronto Raptors, Islanders, Thrashers (think that was the 90s), I know I'm missing more!

I think I like the subtleness of the logo and they didnt try to go crazy with it. Negative space tentacle- but you're right the color scheme does cause one to reminisce of some horrible uniform mistakes of the past.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You know what's funny though, those Islanders ones are AMAZING as throwbacks. The 90s styles were just insane across the board lol.

Atlanta hawks, toronto Raptors, Islanders, Thrashers (think that was the 90s), I know I'm missing more!

I think I like the subtleness of the logo and they didnt try to go crazy with it. Negative space tentacle- but you're right the color scheme does cause one to reminisce of some horrible uniform mistakes of the past.

I agree. Islanders, Raptors, all those 90s uniforms are great as throwbacks. Seattle rebranding somewhere down the road is inevitable. All of the expansion clubs did it rather quickly. Diamondbacks are still searching for an identity. They are the Hardee's of sports teams. 🤮

It's awful.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

I really don't think these look that bad. I don't think these are the official ones but I could get behind these. Especially the throw back one.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I really don't think these look that bad. I don't think these are the official ones but I could get behind these. Especially the throw back one.

Bottom right is great. Based on the old Metropolitans logo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12