Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: 2020 Season GDT

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Lol yeah exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it goes to shows how much luck there is in a 3 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Yeah, it goes to shows how much luck there is in a 3 game series.
    Iím sure there is the data out there for all series lengths. Iím sure itís also not as lopsided (in favor of the better team) as youíd think.

7 game series is obviously longer than a 3 game but regardless, itís still a small amount of games.

There isnít much data on 3 game series but Iím sure the favorite wins the majority of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Iím sure there is the data out there for all series lengths. Iím sure itís also not as lopsided (in favor of the better team) as youíd think.

7 game series is obviously longer than a 3 game but regardless, itís still a small amount of games.

There isnít much data on 3 game series but Iím sure the favorite wins the majority of those too.

What do you mean there isn't much data on 3 game series.
    What we saw in the wild card series was just a typical series you'd see in mid August, 3 games all at one site no rest. That's almost every series.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What do you mean there isn't much data on 3 game series.
    What we saw in the wild card series was just a typical series you'd see in mid August, 3 games all at one site no rest. That's almost every series.
    Playoffs.

You want to go into regular season and then itís probably even less likely the favorite loses a 3 game series.

Seems like the Dodgers would prefer a 3 game series since itís more likely theyíd win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Playoffs.

You want to go into regular season and then itís probably even less likely the favorite loses a 3 game series.

Seems like the Dodgers would prefer a 3 game series since itís more likely theyíd win.

No, that's what I'm talking about, that's what the MLB.com article brought up, that in series where the road team is under 500 playing a team over 500 that bad road team wins the series about 1/3 of the time.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536