Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 432

Thread: 2020 Season GDT

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,065
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I just think that's uncalled for. You want to hit a batter or two in the series as a team? I'm good with it—hell, I was expecting it. Don't throw at the head and don't instigate a fight unnecessarily, and I feel like Kelly did both. And the dude did not have a good inning. He walked two batters, his control sucked and the pitch before he struck out Carlos, Correa came 1-2 feet from a scorching double down the third-base line that would have scored two runs. If Carlos doubles there, he's not yelling "Nice pitch, *****" from second base.
    Correa definitely seems like the type who would do that lol. He and Bregman seem like 2 of the biggest dbags in baseball.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    **** the Dodgers.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Correa definitely seems like the type who would do that lol. He and Bregman seem like 2 of the biggest dbags in baseball.
    Yeah...I don't really see either of them being above that. Long year for the Astros - not sure how much credibility they'll have in appealing to the unwritten rules of the game for support.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    Oh yeah, a bunch of free bases and a minuscule sixty game season are really gonna make this a "long year" for the Astros. I'd argue that they're much more concerned about their starting rotation, now that they're down both Cole and Verlander.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh yeah, a bunch of free bases and a minuscule sixty game season are really gonna make this a "long year" for the Astros. I'd argue that they're much more concerned about their starting rotation, now that they're down both Cole and Verlander.
    Good point...they didn't seem bothered by the pitches at all last night.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,065
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Seems way overboard. That's the equivalent of 22 games in a normal year. He wasn't ejected and didn't hit anyone.

    Also, the Astros didn't get punished for literally cheating their way to a WS title.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Seems way overboard. That's the equivalent of 22 games in a normal year. He wasn't ejected and didn't hit anyone.

    Also, the Astros didn't get punished for literally cheating their way to a WS title.
    Works for me. Players were strongly warned about this type of stuff before the season started.

    Kelly's intentions were crystal clear. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You may not like what the Astros punishment was but it was still a punishment.

    In 2020, players and managers will be held to a zero-tolerance standard regarding arguments and bench-clearing fights. All MLB players, managers and coaches will be expected to maintain social distancing -- which requires there to be at least six feet between each person -- guidelines from all umpires and opposing players. The league plans to punish any of those who break this rule to an immediate ejection and subsequent discipline, including a possible fine and suspension.
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-start-extras/

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,065
    Whose bench cleared first? Astros or Dodgers? With that wording then the Astros didn't get properly punished either from the fake brawl.
    Also, Astros didn't get punished for the trash can thing at all. Losing a pick or 2 and your manager/gm isn't punishment.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Also, Astros didn't get punished for the trash can thing at all. Losing a pick or 2 and your manager/gm isn't punishment.
    It *literally* is a punishment.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,317
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Works for me. Players were strongly warned about this type of stuff before the season started.

    Kelly's intentions were crystal clear. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You may not like what the Astros punishment was but it was still a punishment.



    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-start-extras/
    You’re bias. If that was a Giants pitcher you’d be singing a whole different tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You’re bias. If that was a Giants pitcher you’d be singing a whole different tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can think what you want. I don't really care. Just don't pretend like all these Dodgers and Yankees fans (including yourself) aren't completely bias though.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,065
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You can think what you want. I don't really care. Just don't pretend like all these Dodgers and Yankees fans (including yourself) aren't completely bias though.
    Yankees have never cheated. No idea what you're talking about. My favorite player was clean his entire career.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    Walk off HR by Yastrzemski (his second bomb of the night)! Giants take down the Padres 7-6 in the 9th.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,065
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Walk off HR by Yastrzemski (his second bomb of the night)! Giants take down the Padres 7-6 in the 9th.
    2 splash bombs for him tonight. Only other player w 2 splash bombs in one game is the greatest hitter to ever live.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •