Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Klentak Stepping Down

Phillies GM stepping down wooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

He and MacPhail get a lot of credit from me for laying the groundwork for the Orioles to be competitive from 2012-2016. I wanted us to try and get Klentak back when we let go of Dan Duquette and offer him the entire baseball operations. While I am more than ecstatic that we got Mike Elias, what has Klentak done to draw your ire? Given the hand he had when taking over the Phillies, he's done more than enough to get another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He and MacPhail get a lot of credit from me for laying the groundwork for the Orioles to be competitive from 2012-2016. I wanted us to try and get Klentak back when we let go of Dan Duquette and offer him the entire baseball operations. While I am more than ecstatic that we got Mike Elias, what has Klentak done to draw your ire? Given the hand he had when taking over the Phillies, he's done more than enough to get another year or two.
    Toooooo analytic driven and ignored big aspects of the team (bp and sp)

Thereís been zero discussion to re-sign JT and i was against trading Sixto to begin with so if JT isnít signed and the way Sixto has pitched, Iíll be more furious.

I do wonder how much behind the scenes decisions were made that he didnít want/choose (Harper was definitely not him) or was guided into doing. However, there were clear areas he ignored or tried cheap patchwork.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

such a great day

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Toooooo analytic driven and ignored big aspects of the team (bp and sp)

Thereís been zero discussion to re-sign JT and i was against trading Sixto to begin with so if JT isnít signed and the way Sixto has pitched, Iíll be more furious.

I do wonder how much behind the scenes decisions were made that he didnít want/choose (Harper was definitely not him) or was guided into doing. However, there were clear areas he ignored or tried cheap patchwork.

Fair and valid points. I just think with the shortened season like this, and the work he had to do with the hand he was dealt, I would've given him an extra year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Fair and valid points. I just think with the shortened season like this, and the work he had to do with the hand he was dealt, I would've given him an extra year at least.
    Considering how wide open this year was with the amount of teams making the post season mixed with how up and down the team was with anterribad bp, the shortened season doesnít matter. Add in last season and how much they were in control and then lost it, he was a goner.

After spending 700 million in FA the last 3 years and not making the playoffs somebody had to be the fall guy.