Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I think this was where conflict came up. Lebron camp, Magic, Rob/Kobe was to much hands in the pot.

If it was up to Lebron and his crew Lue would have been the coach and Melo would have been a Laker.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    If it was up to Lebron and his crew Lue would have been the coach and Melo would have been a Laker.
    Nope because imo Lebron never forced Lakers hands on it, that was just a preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Nope because imo Lebron never forced Lakers hands on it, that was just a preference.
    Exactly they have an input but it boils down to what the Lakers/rob wants. So Paul cant bank on Lakers signing his guy.

Exactly they have an input but it boils down to what the Lakers/rob wants. So Paul cant bank on Lakers signing his guy.
    When they really want someone they get him, that's not an input there, that's running the show behind the scene.

When they really want someone they get him, that's not an input there, that's running the show behind the scene.
    So they lined up Danny Green and Waited for Kawhi? It made it easier to get Davis once he wanted out and signed with Klutch. Lakers was just one of the teams he was willing to be traded to. Did they went behind the scene yes. Lakers had to be willing to give up all young players and future picks if they wanted Davis that bad.

Just remember Kawhi and PG13 was the plan before Davis. Lakers were the one with the list of potential free agents not the Klutch Sports. The opportunity left by failed attempts opened the door for Davis/Lebron pairing. Kluch sports will have a list off teams with cap room for his clients.

So yes once Lebron get on board he will help the team get thier man i 100% agree. How many times was Magic fined for tampering? So yes his desire to land top free agents opened the door for Kluch. It takes two to tangle however.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-02-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Just remember Kawhi and PG13 was the plan before Davis. Lakers were the one with the list of potential free agents not the Klutch Sports. The opportunity left by failed attempts opened the door for Davis/Lebron pairing. Kluch sports will have a list off teams with cap room for his clients.

So yes once Lebron get on board he will help the team get thier man i 100% agree. How many times was Magic fined for tampering? So yes his desire to land top free agents opened the door for Kluch. It takes two to tangle however.
    I don't deny Magic's contribution, but that wasn't him calling the shots.

Magic winking at PG on Kimmel And making the Lakers the poster child of the tampering violations in the Lakers was the beginning of the end for him.

I don't deny Magic's contribution, but that wasn't him calling the shots.
    What i am more disappointed in is what transpired after they Land Lebron and Davis. I mean it seem like it fell all the way to plan F. At some point Rob should have known Kawhi was not signing.

How credit gets divided between Magic, Rob and the city of LA is a matter of interpretation and how we rank them is our own opinion. This is how I interpreted things...

First I believe Magic got a back channel commitment from PG13. Was reported that he told the Indy brass that he intended to sign with the Lakers once he became a free agent. Also reported that from his "team" word got out that he doesn't want the Lakers to trade for him because he wants to have someone to play with when he gets to the Lakers.

Second, Kawhis final season with the Spurs he was wilding out in NY cause he didn't want to play for the Spurs anymore, lot of talk supposingly coming from his "team" that he wants to go to the Lakers. Jeanne goes to NY at the same time when Kawhi is there and upon leaving she tweeted "Never underestimate" I believe she got a back channel commitment from Kawhi that day.

I'm sure that the Lakers were in the mind of LBJ for awhile but he just couldn't say anything because he was playing for a championship for Cleveland. Mainly to get his son in Sierra Canyon and secondly because playing for the Lakers has money all over it.

IMO he let it known to Magic and Magic forgot all about PG13 and Kawhi. I believe he reneged on them. This is why I call Magic a raccoon because raccoons are attracted to shiny things and nobody shines brighter in the NBA then LBJ. Magic had to have him.

I believe that Magic quit because he made guarantees that he didn't get done. Probably guaranteed Jeanne that if they went the LBJ route instead of the PG13 & Kawhi route they'd make the playoffs that first year. Probably guaranteed LBJ before signing him that he would get AD that season. Neither happened.

Now it's just a waiting game to see how it plays out. If we win Magic was great in his short stint as president, if we don't win Magic was an egotistical glory hound. Worried more about himself to be able to say that he signed LBJ in free agency. If the Clippers win I will directly blame Magic for it.

Both did an ok job nothing creative. Magic was a high risk taker and cleaned house. Rob signings were good but not great. I give both Magic and Rob a B. Magic lost points for being to emotional his draft choice and letting players with value walk for nothing. Rob lost points for not moving on when it became clear Kawhi was not signing and given up to much in the Davis trade.

I wont hold what happen next over thier head base on how it plays out. Its up to the team to win they did thier part even if they could have done better. They were both new to this, the coaching staff and the players are all new as well.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-05-2020 at 09:36 PM.

So you think Rob have you too much in the trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    So you think Rob have you too much in the trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes and No. Davis had a few teams on his list but NO back was against the wall. Thats a player thats not under contract even if its Davis for Ball, Ingram, Hart, 4th pick, 2 first round picks, one swap first rounder, Bonga, Isac, Wagner, second round pick. Its really not that Bad to be honest they wont miss any of those Players except maybe Josh Hart. Thing is if they Had Maybe one of those Picks and Hart to go with Kuzma and Caruso I could see them having some trade chips.

So no its not a bad trade overall that one move i give him an A. He did manage to at least keep Kuzma.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-05-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Both did an ok job nothing creative. Magic was a high risk taker and cleaned house. Rob signings were good but not great. I give both Magic and Rob a B. Magic lost points for being to emotional his draft choice and letting players with value walk for nothing. Rob lost points for not moving on when it became clear Kawhi was not signing and given up to much in the Davis trade.

I wont hold what happen next over thier head base on how it plays out. Its up to the team to win they did thier part even if they could have done better. They were both new to this, the coaching staff and the players are all new as well.
    I feel Magic told uncle dennis to tell the Lakers to F off. Think Magic gave Kawhi's camp all the Lakers FO dirt and dissuaded him from joining the Lakeshow.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast