Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    so if Lakers landed pg13 in the trade where would Lebron and Davis play? How can you make plans on a team that dont have the room for you? What if Lakers Drafted Tatum or Mitchell and Ingram was a stud and you plan to go Lakers in 3 years. How will that fit in your plan? Did Clippers know they were going to land PG13 and Kawhi 3 years ago?
    Sometimes I wonder who's dumber you or Iron24th. I have been thinking about that the last 3 years. Either way we made our bed we lay in it. Win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder who's dumber you or Iron24th. I have been thinking about that the last 3 years.
    does it matter? flip a coin. pick one what ever float your boat.

so if Lakers landed pg13 in the trade where would Lebron and Davis play? How can you make plans on a team that dont have the room for you? What if Lakers Drafted Tatum or Mitchell and Ingram was a stud and you plan to go Lakers in 3 years. How will that fit in your plan? Did Clippers know they were going to land PG13 and Kawhi 3 years ago?
    When you run anything, a team, a company, you elaborate multiples plans, is that really that unbelievable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    When you run anything, a team, a company, you elaborate multiples plans, is that really that unbelievable to you?
    I got that and that my point. How can you plan to play together not knowing what will unfold? Lakers make those plans base on the free agent class and the talent on thier team. Lakers will do what is best for the team. Mitch might say i want to rebuild from the draft and not take on an aging star or might sign a dumb contract leaving you with no room. Magic willing to trade all young tallent and sign 1 year deals to get tallent. That falls on GM not Rich Paul. They cant plan for that. So not to give Magic credit to make room is not true. At no point am i saying stars dont talk or having a star dont make the GM job easier.

So yes once Magic came on board everyone Knew the goal was to get top talent at that point Paul can get his guys lined up.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-01-2020 at 06:52 PM.

I got that and that my point. How can you plan to play together not knowing what will unfold? Lakers make those plans base on the free agent class and the talent on thier team. Lakers will do what is best for the team. Mitch might say i want to rebuild from the draft and not take on an aging star or might sign a dumb contract leaving you with no room. Magic willing to trade all young tallent and sign 1 year deals to get tallent. That falls on GM not Rich Paul. They cant plan for that. So not to give Magic credit to make room is not true. At no point am i saying stars dont talk or having a star dont make the GM job easier.

So yes once Magic came on board everyone Knew the goal was to get top talent at that point Paul can get his guys lined up.
    Since you plan multiples scenarios, doesn't matter what happens you already planned one of those scenarios.
    Making room to get Lebron was basic, any GM could have done that, plus how do you know that wasn't Rob who called the shots back in the day? Magic gave Zu to the clippers for nothing.

Since you plan multiples scenarios, doesn't matter what happens you already planned one of those scenarios.
    Making room to get Lebron was basic, any GM could have done that, plus how do you know that wasn't Rob who called the shots back in the day? Magic gave Zu to the clippers for nothing.
    it does matter. plan A Kawhi want to play with Lebron three years ago in La? Lakers made a pitch for Kawhi Lebron Davis made a pitch Lakers they waited Kawhi he went to Clippers. PG went went to clippers Lakers ended up with plan G Danny Green. Who made OKC trade PG13? How can players plan for these things and the GM just hand out paper? You are correct in they do plan and Agents approach teams but you are given the all the credit to the agent/player and exlude the team and GM. Again why could this not work in Cleveland why free agents that wanted to sign with Lakers change thier minds after the enter view? Lebron trusted Magic even if he wanted to be in LA. Lakers goal to construct a contender and turn the franchise around.

Lebron wanted to play with Melo it never happened. Kobe would have love to play with Lebron it mever happened . They can plan and Wish all they want but a team have to be willing to Pay and put themselves in position to attract those top players and contracts have to line up. The GM plays a huge role not just hand out paper.

The same way Kawhi put himself in a position he likes the same way a team would. Lakers did not need to take on an aged star to max contract had they drafted better and trade better. Yes they gave away Zu for nothing, let Randle walk, etc thats my point not all GMs would gamble like that. A player cant plan years ahead.

We saw a GM got fired for not executing a trade that would trade its soon to be free agent star that wanted out for a big haul. Hes replacement execute it right away. One GM wanted to convince its star to stay and was looking for second star. The other wanted a young team with low cost less maintenance.

No denying being the GM of a big market team and one with a winning record will make your job easier.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-02-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Lavar Ball can wish for his 3 boys to play together all he wants but it have to have a GM willing to do that.

Lakers wanted to trade for Kawhi from the Spurs
    Lakers wanted to trade for PG13
    PG13 wanted to play for Lakers
    Lilard want to play with Lebron Davis
    Lakers would love to add Beal
    Lakers was opt C for Kawhi
    Lakers wanted to team Lebron with Kawhi but Kawhi want to beat Lebron

I got the options but who execute these options?

For the record Iron24 i agree with you i just think your under estimating the GM role in the mix.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-02-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    We're still paying Deng two more years.
    Ugh.

Lakers wanted to trade for Kawhi from the Spurs
    Lakers wanted to trade for PG13
    PG13 wanted to play for Lakers
    Lilard want to play with Lebron Davis
    Lakers would love to add Beal
    Lakers was opt C for Kawhi
    Lakers wanted to team Lebron with Kawhi but Kawhi want to beat Lebron

I got the options but who execute these options?

For the record Iron24 i agree with you i just think your under estimating the GM role in the mix.
    Finally we're not that far from agreeing, yes Magic had to get the job done but he was just a puppet imo.

Finally we're not that far from agreeing, yes Magic had to get the job done but he was just a puppet imo.
    IMO more than a puppet, Why did Kobe cry in the parking Lot about needing more help? Why him and his agent did not pull a trade for Kidd like he wanted? Why do players request trades if they and thier agent run the show.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-02-2020 at 02:47 PM.

IMO more than a puppet, Why did Kobe cry in the parking Lot about needing more help? Why him and his agent did not pull a trade for Kidd like he wanted? Why do players request trades if they and thier agent run the show.
    You don't get it, I didn't say players and their agent run the show, I said Lebron and Paul run the show since he's a Laker.

You don't get it, I didn't say players and their agent run the show, I said Lebron and Paul run the show since he's a Laker.
    i think they have an input.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-02-2020 at 03:56 PM.

i think they have an input.
    That's your opinion.

That's your opinion.
    To be honest i think Kobe was in the back ground with Rob

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast