Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I guess what I don't understand is... the players don't want a bubble, they don't want to wear face visors, they don't want any restrictions yet they're simultaneously saying that they want to be safe in order to play. What kind of miracle plan are they expecting here?

Idk, just seems like they want to sit out the season and get paid fully.

I mean, it's clear the NFL prioritizes money - but the players aren't really coming off looking pristine in this either.
    this
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Players kids aren't allowed to go to school? Or wives to work? Lol wtf
    If they do then no bubble, no safety, no season.

Also what percent of NFL wives do you think work to the level that one season not being at an office is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Also what percent of NFL wives do you think work to the level that one season not being at an office is that bad?
    I'd bet that 95% of NFL wives don't work. Sure, maybe they have a title in the player's foundation or something, but it isn't like they're strapping their Walmart vest on to go and work a ten lol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Probably not many. Just seems kind of ridiculous to ask them not to work and kids to not attend school (if they're even allowed in school by then)

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, what? They think they can tell a player their wife can't work and their kids can't go to school? Yeah, I'm sure that won't be an issue.

'course I guess that's basically what the NBA is doing in their bubble...once families arrive they can't leave again until the player is done for the season
    Yeah man, millionaire wives working that 9 to 5. So poor they can't get their kids into private school with remote teaching.

If players are against "a bubble" it is because they're the same group of people out partying and getting sick.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 266 @ 64.1%, 6.8 oer att, 1 TD, 0 INT, 92.5 Rate
    Wentz: 270 @ 57.1%, 6.4 per att, 2 TD, 2 INT, 72.5 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I guess what I don't understand is... the players don't want a bubble, they don't want to wear face visors, they don't want any restrictions yet they're simultaneously saying that they want to be safe in order to play. What kind of miracle plan are they expecting here?
    They're going to play the same moronic media games they do with everything else so they can demand to be paid without playing. "The NFL couldn't make it safe (because we refused every safety protocol) and so they should still have to pay us, since it is their fault they couldn't make it safe."

It works with concussions, it will work here, probably.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 266 @ 64.1%, 6.8 oer att, 1 TD, 0 INT, 92.5 Rate
    Wentz: 270 @ 57.1%, 6.4 per att, 2 TD, 2 INT, 72.5 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Players kids aren't allowed to go to school? Or wives to work? Lol wtf
    I mean kids are exactly physically going into school so that shouldn’t be an issue. And if the wives do work I suspect many of them can do it remotely too. I don’t think it will be that difficult.

No preseason is dumb. Shouldn’t have caved to the players. Should have at least done 1 game as a dress rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    No preseason is dumb. Shouldn’t have caved to the players. Should have at least done 1 game as a dress rehearsal.
    I disagree. It's not worth the additional risk this year for a meaningless game- imo they wouldn't learn anything in 1 game anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

320 players were cut and won't get a chance to even attempt to make a roster when they cut from 90 to 80. Guaranteed some of them would have made the cut, but teams are more likely to keep veterans over rookies on the edges of their roster. No preseason games means even those that make the 80s will miss the opportunity to put any game tape out there to improve their chance to make a 53.

That and I guarantee we'll hear talk and see ourselves that play is a bit sloppy for the first couple weeks or so of the season.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    320 players were cut and won't get a chance to even attempt to make a roster when they cut from 90 to 80. Guaranteed some of them would have made the cut, but teams are more likely to keep veterans over rookies on the edges of their roster. No preseason games means even those that make the 80s will miss the opportunity to put any game tape out there to improve their chance to make a 53.

That and I guarantee we'll hear talk and see ourselves that play is a bit sloppy for the first couple weeks or so of the season.
    September is going to be some of the sloppiest NFL football we've ever seen. No crowds, no noise, defenses and OLs won't be cohesive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    September is going to be some of the sloppiest NFL football we've ever seen. No crowds, no noise, defenses and OLs won't be cohesive at all.
    Bring on the disaster! Might see our first 8 passing TD game.

No crowds also mean defenses may be able to hear more of the play calling and chatter in the offensive huddle.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I disagree. It's not worth the additional risk this year for a meaningless game- imo they wouldn't learn anything in 1 game anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I’m not talking about dress rehearsal for the players. I’m talking about for setting up all these extra measures for protection. This more for operations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast