Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Return to play impasse. What’s the solution?

So in return to play for the NFL there’s a major gulf in what both sides want:

Players - 21 days of strength and conditioning, 14 camp days, no preseason, no bubble

Owners - 5 days strength and conditioning, 30 camp days, 1 home/1 away preseason games to test protocol, modified bubble.

Who’s being more realistic? What should be done?

I think they need a preseason so teams can learn what they need to do for smooth game day operations. Without it I foresee one week early in the season having a huge breakdown in how to operate. And to me, 21 days of strength and conditioning is absurd. Have there been guys not working on their own? And I get some of these guys not wanting to be away from families for 8 months but no bubble? There’s so much that can go wrong with that.

There won’t be a season.

Not a big nba fan so explain this bubble premise.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not a big nba fan so explain this bubble premise.
    So what the nba did was take 24 teams to Orlando. Players are staying alone in hotels. When they arrive they had to be tested then spend 48 hours in their own room. There’s buildings, transport, and outdoor areas that they can go to that no one else can get to. So they have an insulated area that no one else is allowed in or out of.

From what I heard the NFL wants players in hotels during camp, then in season they can live at home, but if they live alone no one else can come stay with them, they must use the same car all season to go to and from, if they have a family they cannot be going to school or work, and they want players to stay in a hotel for two nights before away games.

The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So what the nba did was take 24 teams to Orlando. Players are staying alone in hotels. When they arrive they had to be tested then spend 48 hours in their own room. There’s buildings, transport, and outdoor areas that they can go to that no one else can get to. So they have an insulated area that no one else is allowed in or out of.

From what I heard the NFL wants players in hotels during camp, then in season they can live at home, but if they live alone no one else can come stay with them, they must use the same car all season to go to and from, if they have a family they cannot be going to school or work, and they want players to stay in a hotel for two nights before away games.
    wait, what? They think they can tell a player their wife can't work and their kids can't go to school? Yeah, I'm sure that won't be an issue.

'course I guess that's basically what the NBA is doing in their bubble...once families arrive they can't leave again until the player is done for the season
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, what? They think they can tell a player their wife can't work and their kids can't go to school? Yeah, I'm sure that won't be an issue.

'course I guess that's basically what the NBA is doing in their bubble...once families arrive they can't leave again until the player is done for the season
    That's what came to mind when I was thinking about this whole thing. You are going to essentially have to ask all of the staff and players to put their personal lives on hold to play football games in front of nobody so we can make some money.

Additionally, the average NBA team is like what, 14 players? NFL has 53 players and who knows how many more staff members. And, on top of the size of the teams the NBA just has to finish a season, the NFL is trying to plan an entire one which is that much harder.

So in return to play for the NFL there’s a major gulf in what both sides want:

Players - 21 days of strength and conditioning, 14 camp days, no preseason, no bubble

Owners - 5 days strength and conditioning, 30 camp days, 1 home/1 away preseason games to test protocol, modified bubble.

Who’s being more realistic? What should be done?

I think they need a preseason so teams can learn what they need to do for smooth game day operations. Without it I foresee one week early in the season having a huge breakdown in how to operate. And to me, 21 days of strength and conditioning is absurd. Have there been guys not working on their own? And I get some of these guys not wanting to be away from families for 8 months but no bubble? There’s so much that can go wrong with that.
    I mostly think the owners are being more reasonable IF we're talking about an actual season happening. 14 camp days will be a disaster, theres no way that's going to be okay. Players should be responsible for their own strength and conditioning, there's no reason they can't do that before TC. I was going to say no preseason would be best, but they probably should do at least one game to test it out. It's probably gonna be weird for players playing in dead silence along with the new protocols.

Regarding the bubble, it's so hard to really know whats best. A full bubble is probably the safest option, but it's also way too restrictive; you can't really expect a bunch of 22-35 year olds to not have kids/spouses who will have to leave their house periodically and you can't expect them to not see their family for 5-6 months. There needs to be some solution in the middle. Like require players to be tested and then check into a "bubble" hotel from Thursday to Sunday.

I guess what I don't understand is... the players don't want a bubble, they don't want to wear face visors, they don't want any restrictions yet they're simultaneously saying that they want to be safe in order to play. What kind of miracle plan are they expecting here?

Idk, just seems like they want to sit out the season and get paid fully.

I mean, it's clear the NFL prioritizes money - but the players aren't really coming off looking pristine in this either.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    That's what came to mind when I was thinking about this whole thing. You are going to essentially have to ask all of the staff and players to put their personal lives on hold to play football games in front of nobody so we can make some money.

Additionally, the average NBA team is like what, 14 players? NFL has 53 players and who knows how many more staff members. And, on top of the size of the teams the NBA just has to finish a season, the NFL is trying to plan an entire one which is that much harder.
    the length of time the NBA will take to finish out their season including playoffs isn't much different from a full NFL season, tho..........but another difference is, they'll play like 5 games a week so won't have the free time an NFLer will

yeah, I dunno...baseball about to start followed quickly by NBA and NHL in bubbles...the NFL will use them as guinea pigs before they really get started, to get better ideas on the viability, do's and don'ts
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    There won’t be a season.
    Every other sport is starting up. The NFL will figure it out.

The NFL is totally going to **** this up. They are relying on players to stick to an “honor system” that they won’t go out. The players are not going to be honest about not going out and some idiot is going to infect their other players on their team and then the NFL will be forced to shut it down.

I like the way the NBA has handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Players kids aren't allowed to go to school? Or wives to work? Lol wtf

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post

Well, the players will be making their money also.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast