Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark Davis will not attend home games

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-if-fans-cant/

ďI wonít go if the fans canít go, and the way it looks right now there wonít be any fans at our games,Ē Davis said Saturday, via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com.

Davis also makes it clear that a partial-capacity arrangement wonít work at the teamís new stadium.

ďItís all or none for me,Ē Davis said. ďEither all the fans are going to be in there or none. . . . I canít tell one fan that they canít go to the inaugural opening game in a stadium that they helped to build through their PSLs. I wonít tell them that they canít go but the rest of these guys can . . . and oh, by the way, donít worry about it because weíll be able to advertise on your seats.Ē
    The autumn wind is a Raider

I've always liked Mark Davis. He doesn't get enough credit.

Not sure what that means. I guess he's talking about social distancing. One solution would be to have a lottery for the first game, then have another lottery for the second, with the winners being eliminated for the next game. And so on, At least they get to see some games.

Good on MD. That said, I think everyone needs to be realistic that COVID will affect crowd size until they find a vaccine. I know it won't make players happy to play in empty stadiums, but from a television standpoint they can still rake in tons of money broadcasting games, even if the only people in the stadium are the teams, coaches refs, camerapersons and broadcasting crew, and announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I've always liked Mark Davis. He doesn't get enough credit.
    Spot on..! There is not enough player-fan, owners out there that just isn't trying to make a buck.. He cares about the Raider image.
    Dogdaddy

So many on here were talking so much crap about Davis and loved Reggie back in the day well how the tide has turned LOL just Funny thats all. I remeber talking so much crap about all the bad draft picks and how much Reggie was incompetent at being a GM by not being able to keep players that he should have. Now it is universally accepted he was a bad GM and made terrible draft picks year after year. Davis got us a shinny brand new home out of Oakland I think in the long run will be great for the Raiders Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    So many on here were talking so much crap about Davis and loved Reggie back in the day well how the tide has turned LOL just Funny thats all. I remeber talking so much crap about all the bad draft picks and how much Reggie was incompetent at being a GM by not being able to keep players that he should have. Now it is universally accepted he was a bad GM and made terrible draft picks year after year. Davis got us a shinny brand new home out of Oakland I think in the long run will be great for the Raiders Brand.
    I loved me some Reggie
    Reggie was not very solid long term

The Mack Carr Gabe year had me hyped but the rest were mega meh

Crow eaten

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    I loved me some Reggie
    Reggie was not very solid long term

The Mack Carr Gabe year had me hyped but the rest were mega meh

Crow eaten
    Only 2-3 GMs have successful drafts every year. There are more misses than hits. The teams that have an established system, either on offense or defense, tend to have a better chance of success. The Raiders didn't have crap. It's easy to blame the GM, because every draft is a shot in the dark when your system is always in flux, and the talent that you have is questionable and overpaid to begin with.

All that to say, no need to eat crow. Reggie did some good things, but he also did some bad.

The same can be said about Gruden and Mayock. I mean, really, who touches a guy like A. Brown after his shenanigans in Pittsburgh? A winning program maybe, but not us. Definitely not a move that everyone lauded.

For all the optimism that we have presently, we still have not had a winning season in years. If we fall short this year, the murmurs will start about Mark's decision to bring back Gruden and pay him a king's ransom for mediocrity. Let's hope that's not the case. It could get pretty ugly around here with so many Gruden loyalists having to eat crow, arse feathers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pedaso View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-if-fans-cant/

ďI wonít go if the fans canít go, and the way it looks right now there wonít be any fans at our games,Ē Davis said Saturday, via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com.

Davis also makes it clear that a partial-capacity arrangement wonít work at the teamís new stadium.

ďItís all or none for me,Ē Davis said. ďEither all the fans are going to be in there or none. . . . I canít tell one fan that they canít go to the inaugural opening game in a stadium that they helped to build through their PSLs. I wonít tell them that they canít go but the rest of these guys can . . . and oh, by the way, donít worry about it because weíll be able to advertise on your seats.Ē
    Well if Marks not going, im not going either

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Well if Marks not going, im not going either
    Count me out as well.

"...prone to stoogery.".

At the rate that this season is developing, there may be no season at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    At the rate that this season is developing, there may be no season at all.
    Why is that nick? I thought it is moving along quickly. Though I will not be surprised if there is a season as much as I will not be surprised if there is not a season. They seem to be pretty set on playing.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 07-22-2020 at 05:48 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

They're supposed to agree to guidelines which have not been established yet, Just wait until a few become infected, then there will be a lot of concern, There's like 6 weeks to go, and a lot positive and negative can happen. I just have concerns that it will become more complicated. On a side note....if they come up with a vaccine, watch the politics on who gets it first.

Classy move but heís still joining the players in the shower

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    They're supposed to agree to guidelines which have not been established yet, Just wait until a few become infected, then there will be a lot of concern, There's like 6 weeks to go, and a lot positive and negative can happen. I just have concerns that it will become more complicated. On a side note....if they come up with a vaccine, watch the politics on who gets it first.
    The owners want a positive covid test to be classified as a non-football injury, Iím sure this has some kind of impact to the playerís salaries. It does seem that the two sides are pretty far apart for as close as we are to the season.

Some pretty big names have already openly discussed not playing, JJ Watt and Russel Wilson would be two that Iíve read about. All it would take is a couple of marquis talents on every roster to sit the season out and it would drastically affect the landscape. As it is now without a preseason thereís a lot of UDFAs that will be sent packing without even an opportunity to showcase their skill and possibly make a team. It will be weeks before players hit their stride to start the season. Frankly, Iím jonesing for some football but I wouldnít be surprised if the season gets canned.

Man, think about the ramifications of that for just a minute...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast