Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Raiders trade rookie RB Lynn Bowden Jr to Miami

That's a bummer. Was really hoping he would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Disappointing To give up on a third round pick before he appears in a game but tracks with how
    Vic and Tashan have been saying he looked slow compared to other NFL guys.

Wonder if this means we keep Riddick instead of releasing him?

Or maybe a vet minimum reunion with DeAndre Washington. He was always semi-productive when he had to fill in here.

Well that was another wasted third rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we just traded our 3rd round draft choice, and a 6th rounder in the next draft to Miami for McMillan, and a 5th round pick. I guess.. it's... ok.

hopefully they're picking ahead of us in the draft.
    Last edited by GeniusLoci; 09-05-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Disappointing To give up on a third round pick before he appears in a game but tracks with how
    Vic and Tashan have been saying he looked slow compared to other NFL guys.

Wonder if this means we keep Riddick instead of releasing him?

Or maybe a vet minimum reunion with DeAndre Washington. He was always semi-productive when he had to fill in here.
    didn't Deandre sign with Kansas City?... never mind... just saw that he got released by KC.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    didn't Deandre sign with Kansas City?
    They just released him.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Well that was another wasted third rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean it's a waste in the sense that he never saw the field but they got value back from him.

Also nice to see gruden and mayock not hold onto a mistake because of draft position.

I mean it's a waste in the sense that he never saw the field but they got value back from him.

Also nice to see gruden and mayock not hold onto a mistake because of draft position.
    No kidding. It's show us something or hit the road jack.

Belichick style.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Wait, what?!???

We traded Bowden (a 3rd round pick) and a 6th round pick for only a 4th round pick in return? Am I reading that right??? If so, WTF are we doing?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well. we need better scouts. You can't go around and be wasting 2nd rounders/3rd rounders on players that will be cut. We don't have the luxury to waste draft picks. Reggie was terrible at drafting. He wasted at least 3 2nd rounders on players that were cut within 2 years. Obi, Jihad, Menelik Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    well. we need better scouts. You can't go around and be wasting 2nd rounders/3rd rounders on players that will be cut. We don't have the luxury to waste draft picks. Reggie was terrible at drafting. He wasted at least 3 2nd rounders on players that were cut within 2 years. Obi, Jihad, Menelik Watson.
    Exactly right.

And given that we didn't have a 2nd round draft pick in this year's draft, and Bowden was the first guy we drafted in the 3rd, he needed to be more than just another chip that you move before the season starts. He had to be as close to a can't-miss prospect as you can get. I thought it was a bit of a gamble to draft him there to begin with, but if Mayock and Gruden saw that he fit some needed element in our offense, fine, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But to trade Bowden plus our 6th rounder for a 4th? No, you don't do that. That's not a net positive or even net neutral deal. That's the definition of lost value. This sort of thing can't happen to a team that is trying not to have yet another sub .500 season.

Seriously, WTF is going on in LV?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Wait, what?!???

We traded Bowden (a 3rd round pick) and a 6th round pick for only a 4th round pick in return? Am I reading that right??? If so, WTF are we doing?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, technically they traded a 3rd and a sixth for a 4th and a LB who canít cover. Thankfully the league is in run heavy mode and he wonít have to come off the field 65%-70% of the time. Oh wait...

I fam president of the #JoshAllen2Raiders bandwagon. Who wants to join me?
    N. Cog Neato, Vallejo Raiders, Plunkett4HoF, Megatron

Devontae Booker had a strong camp and they kept him instead. If Bowden was being out played better to get something for him instead of releasing him or hoping he makes it to the practice squad which he wouldn't have IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast