Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The list of significant Lions Players include:

Stafford
    Golloday
    Prater

/list

And in all honesty, Matt should sit since his wife had the brain surgery and they have 4 kids all young.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post

Stafford
    Golloday
    Prater

/list

And in all honesty, Matt should sit since his wife had the brain surgery and they have 4 kids all young.
    I agree

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    That's the million dollar question. I honestly think this season isn't going to happen. Hell the Marlins just had an outbreak of cases and MLB just postponed all their games until at least Sunday. Whats to say that happens in the NFL then the season is going to go down the tubes. I think the only way to have a successful season is to find a 2 central locations and make a bubble but that is pretty hard to do for football compared to Hockey and Basketball.
    Yup, the need for a bubble is imperative for the season to successfully be completed. Going to be more difficult for the NFL than the other 2 sports but I think they could do it. Perhaps they set up multiple bubbles with a variety of teams at each one. They play a round robin style tournament and then they move on to the next bubble and quarantine for x amount of days to ensure no one has it. Then, they play another round robin style tournament until they have played 16 games.

Typing that out sounds so ****ing stupid and crazy that these types of conversations are even being had haha

Stafford
    Golloday
    Prater

/list

With how active he has been with practicing outside with other players, despite NFLPA requests, I'd be surprised if he opts out.

He's not sitting out lol

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Yup, the need for a bubble is imperative for the season to successfully be completed. Going to be more difficult for the NFL than the other 2 sports but I think they could do it. Perhaps they set up multiple bubbles with a variety of teams at each one. They play a round robin style tournament and then they move on to the next bubble and quarantine for x amount of days to ensure no one has it. Then, they play another round robin style tournament until they have played 16 games.

Typing that out sounds so ****ing stupid and crazy that these types of conversations are even being had haha
    The bubble concept doesn't work for football, and they know it, but they're acting like they'll be cool anyway

it's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    The bubble concept doesn't work for football, and they know it, but they're acting like they'll be cool anyway

it's crazy
    Hell look at college football the Power 5 are starting to go all conference games this year. The ACC yesterday released their 11 game schedule which includes Notre Dame. So for the first time ever Notre Dame can play for a conference title. Granted adding Notre Dame to the ACC for this year only made sense because of the agreement they made when they joined the ACC in all sports but football. The ACC's model is 10 conference games with the 11th being a non conference game that must be played in the state of the ACC school. The next up is the SEC and then the Big 12. Like we have all said the bubble idea for football would not work. As for college football spring ball is the last.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

On another note Gollady, Hockenson, Amani Oruwariye, undrafted DB Jalen Elliot and Arryn Siposs were all put on the COVID-19/reserve list. Now it doesn't mean they tested positive upon entering training camp. Its either they tested positive or were in close contact with someone who tested positive. Also John Atkins decided to opt-out for this year so there is our first player to opt-out.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Hell look at college football the Power 5 are starting to go all conference games this year. The ACC yesterday released their 11 game schedule which includes Notre Dame. So for the first time ever Notre Dame can play for a conference title. Granted adding Notre Dame to the ACC for this year only made sense because of the agreement they made when they joined the ACC in all sports but football. The ACC's model is 10 conference games with the 11th being a non conference game that must be played in the state of the ACC school. The next up is the SEC and then the Big 12. Like we have all said the bubble idea for football would not work. As for college football spring ball is the last.
    I had originally thought that implementing a type of bubble in the NFL wasn't feasible but I have started to rethink why exactly not? Yes there rosters are larger but hotels are big enough to hold them. The hardest part is trying to implement a way to keep them there, and not have the Lou Williams thing pop up. Did you guys hear about the watches the Lions players are wearing? I am not sure whether or not other teams are wearing them but they essentially track data and location so that if one player gets Covid they can look at the data and see what other players were close by and for how long.

I also read somewhere about an idea that each division would have their own bubble so you'd have 8 total spread out across the country. The below link reduces that amount and talks about a strategy for 4 bubbles:

https://985thesportshub.com/2020/07/...ble-look-like/

Sidenote, shocked that the writer mentioned Detroit as a location as Wayne County was real bad in the beginning. However, not exactly sure the state of things now as I live in Chicago.

On another note Gollady, Hockenson, Amani Oruwariye, undrafted DB Jalen Elliot and Arryn Siposs were all put on the COVID-19/reserve list. Now it doesn't mean they tested positive upon entering training camp. Its either they tested positive or were in close contact with someone who tested positive. Also John Atkins decided to opt-out for this year so there is our first player to opt-out.
    Nooooo, not John Atkins! (I don't think I have ever heard of him).

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Nooooo, not John Atkins! (I don't think I have ever heard of him).

John Atkins was the guy that did that thing that time. Don't you remember?

John Atkins was the guy that did that thing that time. Don't you remember?
    No, that was Chucky Atkins that hit the step back 3.

geno?

the diet guy?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

those breakfast shakes are tasty but too expensive

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast