Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

That seems extremely cheap. But idk what the market for running backs is set at, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    That seems extremely cheap. But idk what the market for running backs is set at, tbh.
    In terms of AAV he’s 5th highest now. I honestly think he’s overpaid a touch. Great runner, ok pass pro, bad pass catcher. But good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    He is the best thing for him. The RB money will only continue to decrease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    In terms of AAV he’s 5th highest now. I honestly think he’s overpaid a touch. Great runner, ok pass pro, bad pass catcher. But good for him.
    Yeah, for a guy who basically didn't play in the second half of the AFCCG because his team was trailing, I wouldn't necessarily call him a bargain. He's fun to watch as a straight ahead runner, but he's one of the least versatile players at the position.

prior to the second half of last season, who was he? not justified for this....so I wouldn't call this cheap

wondering if this helps the vikings and cook find a deal
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

That APY makes me happy. I think we resign Chubb if the market sort of drops a bit for RBs.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    That APY makes me happy. I think we resign Chubb if the market sort of drops a bit for RBs.
    If chubb is healthy all year and gets adequate touches, he's getting 15M+/season.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If chubb is healthy all year and gets adequate touches, he's getting 15M+/season.
    Maybe, we'll see. The market could possibly become saturated with so many potential free agent RBs next year (Cook, Fournette, Jones, Mixon, Mack, Drake, Kamara, Gurley, Lindsay).
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

You think the Browns will actually pay him? He’s a top 5 back for sure but teams are moving away from signing RB’s to big time money. Of course there’s always at least 1 idiot out there that will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Maybe, we'll see. The market could possibly become saturated with so many potential free agent RBs next year (Cook, Fournette, Jones, Mixon, Mack, Drake, Kamara, Gurley, Lindsay).
    Chubb has flashed top 3 potential at times, he just needs to get adequate touches to put it all together. With the new coach running the Shannahan ZBS it's almost a guarantee he'll have a career year if healthy.

Right now CMC and Zeke are both around 16M/season, so I can't imagine guys like Chubb, Kamara, Cook, and Saquon signing for less than 14M/season next off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You think the Browns will actually pay him? He’s a top 5 back for sure but teams are moving away from signing RB’s to big time money. Of course there’s always at least 1 idiot out there that will.

If the Browns don't, someone will. I'm sure he'll hold out like every other RB.

Chubb has flashed top 3 potential at times, he just needs to get adequate touches to put it all together. With the new coach running the Shannahan ZBS it's almost a guarantee he'll have a career year if healthy.
    It remains to be seen how much of that was Stefanski or "assistant head coach / offensive advisor" Gary Kubiak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    He is the best thing for him. The RB money will only continue to decrease.

And for good reason. The true value of 2 sigma running vs. 2 sigma passing is still greatly over valued by almost all. There is a cognitive dissonance when it comes to how little running really adds in the modern NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    And for good reason. The true value of 2 sigma running vs. 2 sigma passing is still greatly over valued by almost all. There is a cognitive dissonance when it comes to how little running really adds in the modern NFL.
    It really annoys you that Dallas goes when Zeke goes doesn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It really annoys you that Dallas goes when Zeke goes doesn’t it?
    Not even remotely true. Dak's passing demonstrably adds to total wins and points added far more than Zeke's slightly above average running. Dont mistake suboptimal from a game theory perspective high volume running from Zeke as somehow advantageous.

https://sportdfw.com/2020/06/16/dall...l-elliott-win/
    Last edited by zookman65; 07-20-2020 at 11:43 PM.