Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020 Rona roster

I was thinking about who is going to not make this team that may be a surprise? I am not sure I see LoMo making the team...CC and DS love versatility and he doesn't have it. Braun will take most of DH ABs. Also with Sogard/Gyorko platoon, backup C, Gamel as another OFer and CC saying 16 pitchers for sure.....that leaves only 5 spots and 3 are already taken...

Then I would guess Holt plays the HP play anywhere role. I think if not for injury then COVID Urias would have had a very good shot to make it. If LoMo does make the squad he likely doesn't stick when roster is cut to 28 and then 26 unless he absolutely would rake.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I was thinking about who is going to not make this team that may be a surprise? I am not sure I see LoMo making the team...CC and DS love versatility and he doesn't have it. Braun will take most of DH ABs. Also with Sogard/Gyorko platoon, backup C, Gamel as another OFer and CC saying 16 pitchers for sure.....that leaves only 5 spots and 3 are already taken...

Then I would guess Holt plays the HP play anywhere role. I think if not for injury then COVID Urias would have had a very good shot to make it. If LoMo does make the squad he likely doesn't stick when roster is cut to 28 and then 26 unless he absolutely would rake.
    LoMo has made the roster. Be interesting to see how he gets ABs in the first two weeks. After two weeks roster cut to 28. He is basically 1B/DH that's it. If Smoak hits well maybe a start or two in first two weeks there and 1 or 2 at DH to spell Braun. Even when Jesus Aguilar had his torrid ST in 2018 he didn't really get ABs the first 3 weeks except PH duties...only when he was hitting .400 first 3 weeks in those situations he got more ops and with DH those are even few and far between now for LoMo. Going to have to hit a couple dingers to stick in those few starts to stick IMO with his lack of versatility.