Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Duncan

    7 70.00%
  • Dwyane Wade

    2 20.00%
  • Kobe Bryant

    1 10.00%
  • Kevin Garnett

    0 0%
  • Stephen Curry

    0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

    0 0%
  • Moses Malone

    0 0%
  • Bill Russell

    0 0%
  • Julius Erving

    0 0%
  • Bill Walton

    0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

    0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

    0 0%
  • Jerry West

    0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

    0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

    0 0%
  • Karl Malone

    0 0%
  • David Robinson

    0 0%
  • James Harden

    0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

    0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

    0 0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

    0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

    0 0%
  • Rick Barry

    0 0%
  • John Havlicek

    0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

    0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

    0 0%
  • Steve Nash

    0 0%
  • Chris Paul

    0 0%
  • John Stockton

    0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502

    OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #9

    Generally when discussing the GOAT player it is important that you look at their career. MVPs / Rings / All-NBA Teams / etc. But this ranking throws all that out the window. 1 game. At their absolute best. Who you taking?

    #1.) Michael Jordan
    #2.) LeBron James
    #3.) Shaquille O'Neal
    #4.) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    #5.) Wilt Chamberlain
    #6.) Larry Bird
    #7.) Hakeem Olajuwon
    #8.) Magic Johnson
    #9.)
    #10.)
    #11.)
    #12.)
    #13.)
    #14.)
    #15.)
    #16.)
    #17.)
    #18.)
    #19.)
    #20.)
    #21.)
    #22.)
    #23.)
    #24.)
    #25.)


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502
    If anyone spots any all-time great player that you think I am missing from the list for future votes let me know.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,350
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If anyone spots any all-time great player that you think I am missing from the list for future votes let me know.
    We're probably still a ways off from seeing any legitimate votes for these guys, but I'm thinking of a few MVP winners in Bob McAdoo, Willis Reed and Russell Westbrook. Anthony Davis probably belongs on this list at some point as well. I'd take a lot of those guys over some of the names on this list already. But, again, I think it's going to be a while before we saw any of them get votes.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,526
    Still going peak Wade, whose 2006 finals performance was the best since the merger of the NBA and ABA. Not to mention the double-overtime win over the Bulls in 2009, hitting the running three-pointer to ice the game and shooting 71% from the field. That's who I want at this point if I absolutely need to win one game.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    We're probably still a ways off from seeing any legitimate votes for these guys, but I'm thinking of a few MVP winners in Bob McAdoo, Willis Reed and Russell Westbrook. Anthony Davis probably belongs on this list at some point as well. I'd take a lot of those guys over some of the names on this list already. But, again, I think it's going to be a while before we saw any of them get votes.
    Great minds. McAdoo was the only one of those 4 that I haven't considered. I have all those PGs at the bottom so I felt like I should include Westy soon because he does have the trip-doub MVP. I almost put Reed over Ewing because of the MVP you mentioned. Anthony Davis from the classic PER search. I think Ewing was the most likely to get a vote when we got to the 20 range so I put him first but thanks for the list MBT.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,391
    Missed some of it but Hakeem/magic going fits what I was thinking. I have Duncan here then it opens up more for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,639
    prime Giannis might eventually best all of the guys left.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Missed some of it but Hakeem/magic going fits what I was thinking. I have Duncan here then it opens up more for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Duncan should smash this vote and then #10 is a free for all. I almost limited the poll to less days because that was my thinking but I'm trying to keep it standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    prime Giannis might eventually best all of the guys left.
    I'm not even going to laugh at this because I think it's spot on. I definitely wouldn't take him over Duncan but to be completely honest... if it was Wade vs. Giannis... I would hesitate. Wade has the *proven champ* rep but Giannis this season is unstoppable. I don't think Wade ever had a regular season like we have seen from Giannis.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    No way Wade should get a vote over Kobe...lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    No way Wade should get a vote over Kobe...lol
    Wade or Giannis?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Wade or Giannis?
    Giannnis is beasting and stuffing the stat sheet but i have to go with my boi Kobe. If we talking best player Kobe but if we talking top performer Giannis can make a claim.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502
    Me: Already everybody, time to settle the score. Who is the greatest center of all-time? I am torn between Kareem and Wilt

    Ldawg: They def knew how to fill the stat sheet but I have to go with my boi Kobe!!!!

    Me: but that wasn't...

    Ldawg (chanting): 5 rings!!! 1 more than Shaq!

    Me: ldawg I asked you a question about...

    Ldawg: M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P!

    Me: alright so thats 1 vote for Kobe


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Me: Already everybody, time to settle the score. Who is the greatest center of all-time? I am torn between Kareem and Wilt

    Ldawg: They def knew how to fill the stat sheet but I have to go with my boi Kobe!!!!

    Me: but that wasn't...

    Ldawg (chanting): 5 rings!!! 1 more than Shaq!

    Me: ldawg I asked you a question about...

    Ldawg: M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P!

    Me: alright so thats 1 vote for Kobe
    well Duncan on the board and Kobe lead the league at 35ppg. Because of size i wont rate a guard with a big. They dont opperate on the same places on the floor. So looking at the rebounds and FG % will not be held at the same standard. One is playing closer to the basket and have a size difference. Kobe clearly out goat Wade
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-14-2020 at 09:34 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,617
    Pulling the Bill Walton card early


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,502
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Pulling the Bill Walton card early


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love it. He and tmac are the inspiration for this whole process. Can't wait to see where they go. Would love to see Walton top 15 and Tmac top 25.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •