Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Social Programs Can Turn a Profit

This would be good.

I feel like the govt needs to take a more investment like approach in certain areas, I believe they would take off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This would be good.

I feel like the govt needs to take a more investment like approach in certain areas, I believe they would take off.
    Not likely to happen in an economic and political system set up as ours is ó short-term profit trumps (pun intended) long-term benefit.

If the government placed more value on the benefits of some of these programs, the progress could certainly be greater. Currently, many of these programs are only run by non-profits who have stricter guidelines on how government funds can be spent and often only HAVE government (state and federal) funds to spend.

Allowing them to operate in a for-profit model would open things up a LOT. It would also open up huge worm cans in monitoring, but having worked in human services at a government level, I think the benefits would outweigh the negatives if done correctly...even possibly lessening the burden on taxpayers.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If the government placed more value on the benefits of some of these programs, the progress could certainly be greater. Currently, many of these programs are only run by non-profits who have stricter guidelines on how government funds can be spent and often only HAVE government (state and federal) funds to spend.

Allowing them to operate in a for-profit model would open things up a LOT. It would also open up huge worm cans in monitoring, but having worked in human services at a government level, I think the benefits would outweigh the negatives if done correctly...even possibly lessening the burden on taxpayers.
    The Knights of Columbus is a non profit but offers a service (insurance) to all of its members. That insurance money in turn is reinvested into programs that are run at the national and local council level. I could see a similar model working as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The Knights of Columbus is a non profit but offers a service (insurance) to all of its members. That insurance money in turn is reinvested into programs that are run at the national and local council level. I could see a similar model working as well.
    I never knew that. Thatís fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk