Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Dwyane Wade

2 18.18%
  • Kobe Bryant

1 9.09%
  • Tim Duncan

3 27.27%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Stephen Curry

0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

0 0%
  • Moses Malone

0 0%
  • Bill Russell

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Except he's actually not...? There's nothing Lebron does better than Magic other than the presumption that he's a better slasher just because he never played in an era where it was tougher to drive to the paint...

As for Magic shooting more from outside... ermm, why? This was an era of very few outside shots and he was a playmaker in a fast paced team, he didn't have to shoot threes. Mark Price basically was the guy you're asking him to be here and look at how many 3s he shot per game during the time Magic was also playing. It was less than 3 shots per game despite a 41% success rate.

Why do we need Magic to show things that weren't necessary back in his day just because that's the only thing that holds value in this **** era we've ended up with? The guy was a career 85% FT shooter, you think he couldn't manage to shoot threes if that's where the game was headed?
    i'd take Magic over LeBron for sure. Magic wasn't a whiny baby, and he was more clutch, and won more titles against better teams also better fg%, better FT%, far more APG, just as good a rebounder(slightly better per 36 min)and i trust him a lot more at the FT line at the end of games as well. best PG ever by far
    Last edited by hidalgo; 07-12-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i'd take Magic over LeBron for sure. Magic wasn't a whiny baby, and he was more clutch, and won more titles against better teams also better fg%, better FT%, far more APG, just as good a rebounder(slightly better per 36 min)and i trust him a lot more at the FT line at the end of games as well. best PG ever by far
    It is a shame he couldn't score as much, hit 3s, or play elite defense or Magic WOULD have gone by now.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #8

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    It is a shame he couldn't score as much, hit 3s, or play elite defense or Magic WOULD have gone by now.
    So? He created more offense and controlled offensive tempo better then anyone ever. Magic = elite offense. Today he likely wouldíve have to extend his range sooner but Magic was by far the most impactful offensive player of his era. He didnít hit 3s or score bigger really isnít a legit criticism imo. He didnít play much d is more legit but he was soooo good on O it out weighs it imo

Was Magic the engine of the Lakers offense?

Was that offense historically good?

Did people sag off him in a way that stopped post players from getting catches or disrupted offense?

I feel like people are looking to numbers for numbers sake here. The Lakers offense ran people out of the gym and perform really well in the half court. Magic was behind it. It really is not the side of the ball he should be down graded for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-12-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Who cares if he is 10x all nba? It is one season. Do you honestly think any die hard Spurs fan would take one season or drob over one season of Duncan?
    What about the quadruple double?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    So? He created more offense and controlled offensive tempo better then anyone ever. Magic = elite offense. Today he likely wouldíve have to extend his range sooner but Magic was by far the most impactful offensive player of his era. He didnít hit 3s or score bigger really isnít a legit criticism imo. He didnít play much d is more legit but he was soooo good on O it out weighs it imo

Was Magic the engine of the Lakers offense?

Was that offense historically good?

Did people sag off him in a way that stopped post players from getting catches or disrupted offense?

I feel like people are looking to numbers for numbers sake here. The Lakers offense ran people out of the gym and perform really well in the half court. Magic was behind it. It really is not the side of the ball he should be down graded for

If we just get to focus on offense then I could EASILY make the case for Curry here and Nash is knocking on the door. But it is too soon for them. That is why it's Duncan.

What about the quadruple double?

Persuasive no doubt. Alvin Robertson must be added to the list next.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Who cares if he is 10x all nba? It is one season. Do you honestly think any die hard Spurs fan would take one season or drob over one season of Duncan?
    Forget the all star appearances, Drob best season is a lot better than Tim Duncanís best season by any and every statistical measure, defensively or offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Forget the all star appearances, Drob best season is a lot better than Tim Duncanís best season by any and every statistical measure, defensively or offensively.
    In the regular season yes. In the postseason Duncan is better in every statistical measure.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    In the regular season yes. In the postseason Duncan is better in every statistical measure.
    Duncan had Pop his whole career and a much better team around him. Drob had a diff sorry rookie coach every year and a trash team around him. In the playoffs game planning is different and with no help and poor coaching teams just tripled David.

But Drob does have the 2nd and 5th best playoff defensive rating ever for a playoff run ever (while coached by pop) 99/00 so heís got Tim there.

On another note, Lebron has been by far the best playoff performer as he is number 1 in almos every playoff advanced stat, so heís the GOAT right?

Except he's actually not...? There's nothing Lebron does better than Magic other than the presumption that he's a better slasher just because he never played in an era where it was tougher to drive to the paint...

As for Magic shooting more from outside... ermm, why? This was an era of very few outside shots and he was a playmaker in a fast paced team, he didn't have to shoot threes. Mark Price basically was the guy you're asking him to be here and look at how many 3s he shot per game during the time Magic was also playing. It was less than 3 shots per game despite a 41% success rate.

Why do we need Magic to show things that weren't necessary back in his day just because that's the only thing that holds value in this **** era we've ended up with? The guy was a career 85% FT shooter, you think he couldn't manage to shoot threes if that's where the game was headed?
    an era of no jumpers yet tougher to slash.. lmfao. magic couldn't shoot for **** even for his era, luckily it was the soft *** 80s where they had to respect everyone's J. bron would've thrived in the free flowing, no defense having (as admitted by actual 80s players who are now nba exec's) 80s.

he couldn't shoot 3s, it why he missed so many wide open ones. the best he got was a set shot. lol bron would love not having to have learned how to actually shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Duncan had Pop his whole career and a much better team around him. Drob had a diff sorry rookie coach every year and a trash team around him. In the playoffs game planning is different and with no help and poor coaching teams just tripled David.

But Drob does have the 2nd and 5th best playoff defensive rating ever for a playoff run ever (while coached by pop) 99/00 so heís got Tim there.

On another note, Lebron has been by far the best playoff performer as he is number 1 in almos every playoff advanced stat, so heís the GOAT right?
    since when do coaches matter to the point where a players inability to sustain his own level of play is there fault. there has never been a coach that negatively influential in the modern era. drob sucked with larry too. if ur blaming the coach, ur guy has no business being mentioned this early lmfao

he doesnít need to. He is the greatest offensive engine in the history of the game

he very much needs to when the opposition can lead a top flight offense (not historical but wouldn't prevent one from being so given enough talent) but can anchor a historical D. given the importance of defense in the loffs, and that Magic sucks on D all day n night, ima take mr fundamentals. magic couldn't even shoot and had to play his way

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    since when do coaches matter to the point where a players inability to sustain his own level of play is there fault. there has never been a coach that negatively influential in the modern era. drob sucked with larry too. if ur blaming the coach, ur guy has no business being mentioned this early lmfao
    My feelings about Curry not being on the level of others in his thread. Although this is more of a specific time period.

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    he very much needs to when the opposition can lead a top flight offense (not historical but wouldn't prevent one from being so given enough talent) but can anchor a historical D. given the importance of defense in the loffs, and that Magic sucks on D all day n night, ima take mr fundamentals. magic couldn't even shoot and had to play his way
    Iíll take the 5 time nba champ and 9 time finalist. Youíre starting with your opinion then reaching for a narrative to support it

Last edited by ewing; 07-13-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Iíll take the 5 time nba champ and 9 time finalist. Youíre starting with your opinion then reaching for a narrative to support it

yeah I'll take the better player with 5 rings too.

Except the actual stats show LeBron is better at almost everything except passing and a slight advantage Magic has in free throw shooting. As for slashing and getting to the rim, LeBron is physically superior to Magic in any era ó faster and stronger. If Magic had dabbled in and hit more outside shots or been more physically imposing, he'd be better-regarded as a finisher, which is really what we're ranking here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast