Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Dwyane Wade

2 18.18%
  • Kobe Bryant

1 9.09%
  • Tim Duncan

3 27.27%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Stephen Curry

0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

0 0%
  • Moses Malone

0 0%
  • Bill Russell

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Except the actual stats show LeBron is better at almost everything except passing and a slight advantage Magic has in free throw shooting. As for slashing and getting to the rim, LeBron is physically superior to Magic in any era ó faster and stronger. If Magic had dabbled in and hit more outside shots or been more physically imposing, he'd be better-regarded as a finisher, which is really what we're ranking here.
    You lost your argument at "the actual stats". That's where I stop reading.

If you want to regain it please tell us how these stats are made up, against what competition, in what tempo, what pace, how does the opposition react, what rules is it under, who plays with and against each time, how many minutes is each player on the floor and how long does he have the ball and in what capacity & place on the court, how many times he was double teamed or had teammates double teamed, how many of their shots were contested and various other factors that you could use to enhance your argument.

Saying "the actual stats" again means you burn, zero argument, moving on. So I'm hoping you can make it about basketball rather than the lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    yeah I'll take the better player with 5 rings too.
    He is better bc Magicís shooting hurts your teamís offense or bc his lack of defense hurts playoff success?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I had no idea Magic led the league in FT% one year and was a career 85% FT shooter. Is it possible that he was buns at 3's because he never shot them? Like if John Stockton (who shockingly has a lower career FT% by the way) only took a 3pt shot once every 3 games, are we sure he wouldn't have a terrible percentage also? Imagine getting in a rhythm taking 1 three point shot every couple of games.

Magic finally started taking 3's consistently in 1989 and shot 31% then 38% then 32%. Over his last 3 seasons in the league he made 208 out of 584 for 36%. That's not bad.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #8

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I had no idea Magic led the league in FT% one year and was a career 85% FT shooter. Is it possible that he was buns at 3's because he never shot them? Like if John Stockton (who shockingly has a lower career FT% by the way) only took a 3pt shot once every 3 games, are we sure he wouldn't have a terrible percentage also? Imagine getting in a rhythm taking 1 three point shot every couple of games.

Magic finally started taking 3's consistently in 1989 and shot 31% then 38% then 32%. Over his last 3 seasons in the league he made 208 out of 584 for 36%. That's not bad.
    He was also very good at getting to the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post

If you want to regain it please tell us how these stats are made up, against what competition, in what tempo, what pace, how does the opposition react, what rules is it under, who plays with and against each time, how many minutes is each player on the floor and how long does he have the ball and in what capacity & place on the court, how many times he was double teamed or had teammates double teamed, how many of their shots were contested and various other factors that you could use to enhance your argument.

Saying "the actual stats" again means you burn, zero argument, moving on. So I'm hoping you can make it about basketball rather than the lack of it.
    You can think whatever you want. Most people disagreed with you, according to the votes.

If Bird is 6th on this list, Magic can't be that far behind. The two guys completely dominated their respective era of the sport. But I wouldn't knock someone for taking peak Duncan here, though, because of his defensive advantage. I still think people are overrating Wade in these conversations. He's neck and neck with peak Kobe, and I still think there's a case to be made for Durant and Curry at their peaks over both guys.

You can think whatever you want. Most people disagreed with you, according to the votes.
    He doesnít allow stats because he doesnít want any objective measures of ability so that he can simply make any claims he wants.

That way he can make assertions like Dominique Wilkins is better at every skill except passing than LeBron and no one can refute it (thatís a real belief he has by the way).

and you wonder why nobody takes you seriously

So zero argument it is.
    "Most people agree with me" is the classic argument of a stupid 10 year old. If you don't like this comparison, then you are free to make your case. Resorting to popularity just means that you are fine with dumbing down discussions. Which is the norm here, so I get why you'd think that it's some sort of a feat to be in agreement with the majority here. In fact, it would be grounds to reconsider my stance if I found the majority of the remaining regular members in here agreed with something.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He doesnít allow stats because he doesnít want any objective measures of ability so that he can simply make any claims he wants.

That way he can make assertions like Dominique Wilkins is better at every skill except passing than LeBron and no one can refute it (thatís a real belief he has by the way).
    Nope, I like stats. I just like to hear about them from people who know what they mean.

Nope, I like stats. I just like to hear about them from people who know what they mean.
    so rings and ppg? because you are clueless about everything else.

I have to agree with Valade here. The problem is that you never reach the barometer you set for other people. I've never seen you deep dive into the context between comparing the statistics of players or generations using numbers. If you have and can link me then I'd be happy to apologize. All I've seen is you critiquing other people for using stats that you then proceed to throw out for your own subjective reasons.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

nah. he bricked every open one in the bulls series

I have to agree with Valade here. The problem is that you never reach the barometer you set for other people. I've never seen you deep dive into the context between comparing the statistics of players or generations using numbers. If you have and can link me then I'd be happy to apologize. All I've seen is you critiquing other people for using stats that you then proceed to throw out for your own subjective reasons.
    bingo.

and this is why i love you knicks... nomatter hate/fans/etc you never let bias take over... this is the post of this thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast