Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the name be?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redskins

1 20.00%
  • Redtails

2 40.00%
  • Presidents

0 0%
  • Capitals

0 0%
  • Trumps

0 0%
  • Warriors

0 0%
  • Skins

0 0%
  • Senators

0 0%
  • Hogs

2 40.00%
  • RedHawks

2 40.00%
  • Generals

0 0%
  • George’s

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Redskins eminent name change

I know it’s not Lions related, but I figured I would ask how you guys felt as fans. What if it was the Lions going through this?

Personally if it is the “redtails” I think that’s a dope name.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

yea, ****s gotta change.

Out of all the names I have come across I don't mind the Washington Redtails or Washington Redhawks.

Yeah I'm glad it is finally going. Even if the intent is not there to be awful, you have to know that it is a name that was specifically designated to a group of people historically to be insulting. Naturally people are not going to be happy with that name, especially in a climate where change is being pushed more than ever for equality.

Of the names listed I like the Generals.

Reportedly there is a name change tomorrow so maybe one of these options will be it. Curious to say the least.

From everything I have read that today the team is no longer the Redskins but Synder won't be announcing the name until a later date. I personally hope they choose Redtails. It will be named after the Tuskegee Airmen. With the BLM,movement which is rightfully so, the NFL names a team after an African-American USAAF servicemen during WWII.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Honorable mention:
    Washington Republocats

Would you all stop rooting for the Lions if they decided to change their names? I know the reason for Washington changing their names is different than if a team were to just decide to change their name but would it cause you to stop rooting for them?

I've read a few things about people saying they would stop so just wondering what you all thought.

Nope.

The team name means little to me. The product on the field means more. Now, granted, I suppose it is easier to say that when your team's history of failure is notorious and not nearly as successful as even Washington was at one point. Then again, I put more faith and appreciation in the names, faces, and product than I do the team/corporate name. Stafford, Johnson, Sanders etc mean more than "Lions" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Nope.

The team name means little to me. The product on the field means more. Now, granted, I suppose it is easier to say that when your team's history of failure is notorious and not nearly as successful as even Washington was at one point. Then again, I put more faith and appreciation in the names, faces, and product than I do the team/corporate name. Stafford, Johnson, Sanders etc mean more than "Lions" imo.
    Yup, I agree with this. I would continue to root for the team despite a fresh new name. In this instance though much of what I have read has to do with the fans having old memorabilia. For those who are die hard Sean Taylor fans are they going to be able to wear that jersey without criticism? I don't think so, so I can understand some fans being annoyed by it.

I like Hogs, that's always been a franchise fanbase moniker anyway

if that's not cool enough, maybe wild boars?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Would you all stop rooting for the Lions if they decided to change their names? I know the reason for Washington changing their names is different than if a team were to just decide to change their name but would it cause you to stop rooting for them?

I've read a few things about people saying they would stop so just wondering what you all thought.
    if a name change would spark a franchise turnaround for the Lions I'd be cool with it lol, but "Lions" doesn't really spark offensive... anything, unless "king of the jungle" bothers vegans maybe? idunno. At this point we're the Devil Rays, and when they removed Devil from their name they suddenly became formidable, so... whatever it takes to be relevant. Call us the buttnozzles for all I care, if we actually somehow win, let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post

I would still cheer for the team even if they had a different name. That being said what names do you propose the Detroit (what)?

Detroit muscle
    Detroit soul
    Detroit Spartans
    Detroit Hits
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 07-14-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    ^^ ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I would still cheer for the team even if they had a different name. That being said what names do you propose the Detroit (what)?

Detroit muscle
    Detroit soul
    Detroit Spartans
    Detroit Hits
    First and foremost, Spartans was clearly a name you posed to agitate me, and it worked

I have nothing else, I'm so annoyed I could unleash a wolverine on your family and see what happens

you think honey badgers don't **** around? wait til a wolverine is in your motorcycle club, they'll **** everything up, you'll have no choice but become a Motor, top half or bottom, not your option

wait a minute, that's it! Motaur! that's the next Detroit name that no one cares about!
    Last edited by GuySir; 07-15-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Teams don't mock themselves with their names. The idea that the Redskins name was intentionally disparaging is false.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

First and foremost, Spartans was clearly a name you posed to agitate me, and it worked

I have nothing else, I'm so annoyed I could unleash a wolverine on your family and see what happens

you think honey badgers don't **** around? wait til a wolverine is in your motorcycle club, they'll **** everything up, you'll have no choice but become a Motor, top half or bottom, not your option

wait a minute, that's it! Motaur! that's the next Detroit name that no one cares about!
    Nominated!!!,!
    Lmao
    ^^ ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast