Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MLB reports 66 positive COVID-19

MLB COVID-19 Screening Results in 66 Positive Tests
    MICHAEL SHAPIRO 21 HOURS AGO

Major League Baseball released the results of its latest round of COVID-19 tests on Friday.

58 players and six staff members tested positive for COVID-19. Of the 3,748 samples tested, 1.8% came back positive, per MLB.

A player or staff member has tested positive on 27 of 30 teams.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/07/10/ml...positive-tests
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I am eager to watch baseball, but it is clearly too dangerous and its time to cancel the 2020 season.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I am eager to watch baseball, but it is clearly too dangerous and its time to cancel the 2020 season.
    This is sarcasm, right?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This is sarcasm, right?
    It should be Sarcasm but then again some People are too scared of this virus

Again, I miss baseball and am eager to see new games. Of course I am scared of the virus. Everyone should be.

Although I hope I am wrong, I doubt the season will get to 20 games before shut down and in that time, I hope no one dies. Even if no one dies, we are finding out that even people who "recover" oftentimes have lifelong damage to their lungs, heart, and brain.

Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Although a baseball player's life is no more important to his family than a grocery clerk's life is to his or hers, what will everyone think if Mike Trout or Gerrit Cole gets the virus and dies?

Will it be worth it? We know that being young and healthy isn't a bar to getting the virus and dying. Plenty of healthy 20-somethings have died.

It isn't sarcasm. It is a realization that the next 10 seasons are more important than a truncated season no one will see as legitimate anyway (even if, as I doubt, it will conclude with a champion).

I applaud Clint Frazier and think any player who is able, should follow his example (even if the mask reduces the player's athletic performance). Safety is far more important than anything that occurs on the field.

Again, I miss baseball and am eager to see new games. Of course I am scared of the virus. Everyone should be.

Although I hope I am wrong, I doubt the season will get to 20 games before shut down and in that time, I hope no one dies. Even if no one dies, we are finding out that even people who "recover" oftentimes have lifelong damage to their lungs, heart, and brain.

Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Although a baseball player's life is no more important to his family than a grocery clerk's life is to his or hers, what will everyone think if Mike Trout or Gerrit Cole gets the virus and dies?

Will it be worth it? We know that being young and healthy isn't a bar to getting the virus and dying. Plenty of healthy 20-somethings have died.

It isn't sarcasm. It is a realization that the next 10 seasons are more important than a truncated season no one will see as legitimate anyway (even if, as I doubt, it will conclude with a champion).

I applaud Clint Frazier and think any player who is able, should follow his example (even if the mask reduces the player's athletic performance). Safety is far more important than anything that occurs on the field.
    If the 66 players or so who tested positive , have any of them gotten even really sick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If the 66 players or so who tested positive , have any of them gotten even really sick ?
    Does it matter? Do you need a death toll for it to be considered relevant? At what point should it be taken more seriously?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Does it matter? Do you need a death toll for it to be considered relevant? At what point should it be taken more seriously?
    Now you are deflecting since I did not mention any death toll . I asked out of those 66 positive cases how many got really sick . Last I checked you have to be ALIVE to get really sick

Now you are deflecting since I did not mention any death toll . I asked out of those 66 positive cases how many got really sick . Last I checked you have to be ALIVE to get really sick
    I give up.

I give up.
    PJO is the one who talked about deaths not me .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yes. They have. I suggest reading an article about it.

Ignorance is bliss

a lot higher than what....2%?

LOl. You are truly a parrot. You use words for which you don't actually know the meaning. Fact and now deflect.
    He's not deflecting. He is stating that your snarky comment about players being really sick doesn't matter. It's irrelevant how sick people get or how many die at this point. It's about the spread of the virus and the safety to others.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    a lot higher than what....2%?
    Do you want Covid? I don't

Do you want to go through what people with a 'mild case" go through? Feeling like you can't breath. Feeling pain on every breath. High fever. Coughing relentlessly.

But yeah, keep spouting about death rate. Hopefully it stays that low or lower.

Do you know anyone who's died from it? I do.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast