Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

State of the Franchise: Despite QB question, Bears should contend

Article from NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-th...should-contend

Conclusion (see link for full article)

Even if you set the weirdness of our current times aside, last season seems like a lifetime ago. One year after thinking the Bears were Super Bowl contenders, we now have the same*we'll see what we get*feeling we had heading into 2018. And maybe that's for the best. Maybe this team needs to once again come in as an afterthought and shock the world. Maybe Mitch will start to put it all together and rise to the challenge. (Remember, this guy plays his best football in the fourth quarter.) Maybe he'll shut up the haters and lead the Bears back to the playoffs.

Or maybe Mitch won't progress -- and Foles will come in to save the day and lead the Bears back to the playoffs.

Or*maybe the Bears will just kind of flounder through the season, winning eight games by virtue of their defense, which will make them not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a premium-tier quarterback. So instead, they'll have to draft a high-risk rookie and start the cycle all over again.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

They will only be SB contenders when they finally find a franchise QB.. That's just my opinion... Having an elite defense is great an all, but you have to score points and limit turnovers on the other side of the ball to consistently win games.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    They will only be SB contenders when they finally find a franchise QB.. That's just my opinion... Having an elite defense is great an all, but you have to score points and limit turnovers on the other side of the ball to consistently win games.
    The Eagles literally won a superbowl with the Bears' current quarterback and a really good defense.

Not saying this team is built the exact same way as the 2017 Eagles, cause they obviously had a line and a running game, but I digress. Peterson has proven himself as a coach/playcaller more than Nagy has too.

But yeah, I don't think the Bears' problems are as simple as their QB situation.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    The Eagles literally won a superbowl with the Bears' current quarterback and a really good defense.

Not saying this team is built the exact same way as the 2017 Eagles, cause they obviously had a line and a running game, but I digress. Peterson has proven himself as a coach/playcaller more than Nagy has too.

But yeah, I don't think the Bears' problems are as simple as their QB situation.
    Wentz played most of the season, he got them in the playoffs.. Foles just had a story-book playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Wentz played most of the season, he got them in the playoffs.. Foles just had a story-book playoff run.
    Sometimes you just catch lightning in a bottle.

I don't subscribe to the idea that you need franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. It helps but it's not necessary. Miami had Dan Marino and how many titles did they win? The Bears just need a QB who doesn't shat the bed at the first sign of pressure. The bar is set low, I know.

Give me a Matt Stafford or even a Matt Ryan level QB, and the Bears would be a very good bet to win the Super Bowl.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I don't subscribe to the idea that you need franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. It helps but it's not necessary. Miami had Dan Marino and how many titles did they win? The Bears just need a QB who doesn't shat the bed at the first sign of pressure. The bar is set low, I know.

Give me a Matt Stafford or even a Matt Ryan level QB, and the Bears would be a very good bet to win the Super Bowl.
    Ryan is pretty damn awesome and Stafford is very good as well.

That's still a tall order imo

Click here to register!

Still donít think a season will happen. Weíll see

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Still donít think a season will happen. Weíll see
    You're probably right

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ryan is pretty damn awesome and Stafford is very good as well.

That's still a tall order imo

They are but they are more Jay Cutler than Pat Mahomes. Not saying that's bad because I do think the Bears win a super bowl with Stafford or Ryan.
    Screw sabermetics.

They are but they are more Jay Cutler than Pat Mahomes. Not saying that's bad because I do think the Bears win a super bowl with Stafford or Ryan.
    I was gonna say, I'm not the guy to say that to, but everyone knows that haha. I'm kinda a fan of cutty...

Agreed- we can win a super bowl with a Stafford or Ryan type.

Click here to register!

Pace went for it with vets this upcoming season. If the season itself gets screwed up by coronavirus (very possible) I canít say I have great confidence in this roster another year older. Its all in for this season

They are both franchise QBs lol