Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kobe and ____ Would’ve Dominated

Inspired by the CP3/Kobe thread. Who do you think would’ve been best paired with Kobe besides Shaq? Keep in mind this isn’t an all time question. It has to have been within Kobe’s era.

My pick is Dirk. Clearly I don’t think Kobe could ever mesh with a ball dominant PG so it has to be a big. There were rumours that Kobe recruited Dirk heavily yet he chose to stay in Dallas. Their primes almost line up and Dirk just so happened to be the ultimate teammate. Less help on defence than Pau was but he would’ve given Kobe LOADS of space on offence. In a hypothetical World I could see Kobe and Dirk 3peating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Tmac n him would be better than PG n kawhi today.

Kobe n KG would've been theater

for a lower tier guy so it's not too obvious, I think either kidd or a guy like Iggy at his apex

Duncan clashing of egos wouldn't of ever been an issue

Duncan and Kobe hands down

Vince Carter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Kobe is special, but he needs the perfect co-star. Shaq, Nash, Gasol all more than filled those roles (especially SHAQ). Look at my boy Lebron, he beat an all-star team down 3-1 with an emerging superstar in Irving and a borderline all-star in Love, co-supported by a bunch of scrubs.

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    Kobe is special, but he needs the perfect co-star. Shaq, Nash, Gasol all more than filled those roles (especially SHAQ). Look at my boy Lebron, he beat an all-star team down 3-1 with an emerging superstar in Irving and a borderline all-star in Love, co-supported by a bunch of scrubs.
    This is clearly a dupe account lol...but also, Shaq and Gasol were very different types of players. Shaq was a physical, dominant force, the likes of which the league has only seen in Wilt. Gasol was a hybrid pf/c who was much more of a finesse player. It's also pretty strange to call Love a borderline all-star when he was ranked by most as the top pf in the game when he joined the cavs and was in most people's top 5-10 players in the league. He's also a 5-time all-star. That's literally not a borderline all-star player. That's a perennial all-star player lol.

Kobe and Rasheed Wallace. Wallace was ahead of his time as a floor spacing 4. Him on the other side of the court from Kobe offensively would have been incredibly problematic for opposing defenses.

Kobe and Ray Allen. See above.

Kobe and Stat. Imagine the Triangle offense with a PnR twist to it and Kobe being able to slip those slight openings to either shoot or throw the pass.

Kobe and Chauncey Billups. This one always interests me because Billups seems like Derek Fisher leveled up.

Kobe and Iggy. The guy the saw himself as Jordan and the guy that fashioned himself after Pippen? Yes please.

Bam
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

No question personality would play a big role if you would have worked well with Kobe. Skills and personality would be equally important.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Kobe and Rasheed Wallace. Wallace was ahead of his time as a floor spacing 4. Him on the other side of the court from Kobe offensively would have been incredibly problematic for opposing defenses.

Kobe and Ray Allen. See above.

Kobe and Stat. Imagine the Triangle offense with a PnR twist to it and Kobe being able to slip those slight openings to either shoot or throw the pass.

Kobe and Chauncey Billups. This one always interests me because Billups seems like Derek Fisher leveled up.

Kobe and Iggy. The guy the saw himself as Jordan and the guy that fashioned himself after Pippen? Yes please.
    This is one I can get behind. Kobe showed he can get the most out of crazy *** Ron Artest. Sheed was less crazy and a better baller.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I'm going to throw one out there that no one would like to admit but would make a lot of sense.

Kobe and Lebron
    Kobe can continue to be the MJ to Lebron's heavely upgraded Scottie.

Btw I do believe that Lebron is higher in the Goat discussion but in a situation like this I believe they would mesh extremely well both loved the game and studied the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    I'm going to throw one out there that no one would like to admit but would make a lot of sense.

Kobe and Lebron
    Kobe can continue to be the MJ to Lebron's heavely upgraded Scottie.

Btw I do believe that Lebron is higher in the Goat discussion but in a situation like this I believe they would mesh extremely well both loved the game and studied the game.
    mmmm no Lebron is to big of a star

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This is one I can get behind. Kobe showed he can get the most out of crazy *** Ron Artest. Sheed was less crazy and a better baller.
    I don’t think he got the most out of Ron. Ron’s mental illness had turned him into a total shell of the player he once was by the time he got to LA. I also dont think Sheed needed some alpha to keep him in line. He was who he was and he was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast