Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I’m off here for the day though.

Chronz you started the thread and you’re one of the smarter ones here. I’d like to see you dig in a little more and see what conclusion you come to
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Cite them.
    Go look them up. I've seen them I dont need to cite them. If you dont believe it, as I said, go look them up. Not that hard to use google.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    LOL so you find some fringe posts making these silly claims??? It's called click bait dude. There's also been articles arguing that kobe is the GOAT, but that was never the consensus. It's silly to posts stuff like this. Basically amounts to saying "Hey look, I found someone who agrees with me!". As others have noted, Wade wasnt considered in the same class as kobe during this time or ever, really. Sorry, but that's what it was and that's what it is.
    It’s false and if Kobe could tell you himself he would. It showed when he would talk about Wade and ask Wade for advice to be better.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Go look them up. I've seen them I dont need to cite them. If you dont believe it, as I said, go look them up. Not that hard to use google.
    Typical.

8/24/2

If you don’t believe Kobe was one of the most if not the most popular players in the world or just sports figures period during his entire career then you don’t have a ****ing clue what you’re talking about. The shoe definitely fits.
    I know, reading comprehension is difficult, but it should be clear that the term "unpopular" is not referring to him not being known but to being disliked...are you in the 5th grade or something? lol Seriously dude. How is it not clear what kind of popular I'm referring to??? I explicitly stated that he was greatly disliked. This explains a lot though
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 07-09-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Typical.
    Looks like you dont want to bother with the truth...that's cool. You can live in a lie all you want. it doesnt change what actually occurred.

Chronz you started the thread and you’re one of the smarter ones here. I’d like to see you dig in a little more and see what conclusion you come to
    People already stated what they thought and now you're deferring to someone else to make a judgement call lol. One, they don't think Wade was ever the best and two, the majority took kobe over Wade for one game. That's again what occurred. Can't use a boxscore to try and revise this just like you cant use it to try and change how the two were viewed when they played.

He was better than LeBron in 05, 06, 07 pre injury, & 2011

jesus christ... he has an arguement for 1 season at best and lebron was still the better 2 way player... there is 0 argument for any other season. My god people do your homework

edit- thought you meant kobe which at least had a discussion for 1 season... there was 0 seasons wade was better than lebron

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

jesus christ... he has an arguement for 1 season at best and lebron was still the better 2 way player... there is 0 argument for any other season. My god people do your homework

edit- thought you meant kobe which at least had a discussion for 1 season... there was 0 seasons wade was better than lebron
    We don't often agree, but I do agree with the last sentence here lol

wanted to last night, working 10-12 hour shifts the past few weeks has pretty much killed my free time. I cant get home to my pc to really type anything worthwhile. I think wade suffers from Kobe being the elder statesman and not having a prolonged period of dominance. when he was beginning to make a name for himself he got hurt and was out of sight out of mind until those Olympics at which point he only had a few years left. Part of me wishes he and Bosh had joined Chicago and let Bron do whatever, cuz that would've been a dynasty for a stretch there.

Still, there is historical precedent for retroactively deeming someone superior. bill Russell was always considered greater than wilt, perhaps justifiably so, but somewhere around the mid 80s, early 90s the zeitgeist began to shift and today pretty much everyone has wilt ahead. his clearly superior production trumped Russell dominance winning, maybe it will happen to Wade tho I know alot of fans already take peak wade over any iteration of Kobe

I know, reading comprehension is difficult, but it should be clear that the term "unpopular" is not referring to him not being known but to being disliked...are you in the 5th grade or something? lol Seriously dude. How is it not clear what kind of popular I'm referring to??? I explicitly stated that he was greatly disliked. This explains a lot though
    umm don't we have a metric for this? w score or something. I remember bron being hated for a stretch too. both repaired their image and Kobe was beloved for his aesthetically pleasing game.

it's not like he had reached rick Barry levels of animosity among his peers. in fact, I don't even think the players let the rape charges effect them, that was more of a public and business venture killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    umm don't we have a metric for this? w score or something. I remember bron being hated for a stretch too. both repaired their image and Kobe was beloved for his aesthetically pleasing game.

it's not like he had reached rick Barry levels of animosity among his peers. in fact, I don't even think the players let the rape charges effect them, that was more of a public and business venture killer.
    Yeah, I agree that his peers didnt really dislike him, but he was pretty unpopular with the media during this stretch. It was also during this time that the black mamba persona was developed and he would often be somewhat of a jerk to reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If you're a believer in "best player" including postseason performance, you can obviously make a great case for him in the 2005-06 season. Dude had one of the greatest Finals performances in NBA history and was just overall dominant throughout the playoffs. The fact that his postseason numbers that year were better than his regular season numbers is a really telling stat—few superstars put up better numbers in the playoffs. And it's not like he was a slouch in the regular season. He was 5th in PPG, 11th in APG, 4th in PER, 4th in WS/48 and 4th in BPM.

The other case would be 08-09. He led the league in PPG, was 8th in APG, 2nd in PER, 4th in WS/48 and 3rd in BPM. But the underwhelming team performance that season and the first round exit against Atlanta doesn't help his cause much (although his supporting cast admittedly sucked that year).

Gun to my head, it's probably 2006 or bust. You could give it to Kobe, Lebron or Dirk that year and make a decent case for any of them. (I'm sorry, but Nash did not deserve MVP). But if I have to pick based on the overall picture of the entire season, I think that year belongs to Wade.

With all the Wade/Kobe threads lately, I actually think it's worth posing the exact same question for Kobe. Because I've said for a decade now that I never thought Kobe was ever the best player in the league at any given time. And when you consider that 2006 was Kobe's best case, but Wade's case that year is stronger, how can you argue that Kobe was ever the best player in the NBA?

How is 2006 Kobe’s best case? Is it because he scored more points in that season then 8 players ever did on the top 10 goat list? Kareem, Shaq, Bird, Magic, Lebron, Duncan, Dream and Bill Russel never reached 2006 Kobe. Your excuse for Wade having a “stronger case” over Kobe and the other 8 Goats that season is because “overall picture”? As legendary and how difficult this season was this was not Kobes best season. “Overall picture” Kobe was the best player for many seasons. Of course if we use “overall picture”.

You then mentioned 2009 Wade and point to his numbers. Wade 2009 numbers trumps LeBron’s numbers in 2015 or 2007 yet LeBron went to the finals those years. 2009 Wade lost in the first round with more help on his team. If this is a peak year then I don’t understand why he couldn’t do what a non peak James did? Even tho Kobe scored more points in a single season then 8 Goats its still not his best season like 2009 is not Wades best season. “Overall Picture” Lebron in 2007 and 2015 was better then 2009 Wade.

2011 Wade averaged 5 less shots and only scored 4.5 less points then 2009 Wade. 2011 advanced ratings, % numbers and especially “overall picture” Trump 2009 Wade.

Kobe was unpopular? You just continue to talk out of your ***, it’s why no one takes you serious.
    Well, a lot of people couldnt stand him, that is probably what he means. I don't know what players most of my friends don't like, generally speaking. But I knew 5 or 6 people who were happy to tell you they hated Kobe.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I’m not saying he was loved by all, hell plenty of people hate LeBron too who is a far greater player than Kobe. More people liked him than disliked him but keep talking out of your ***.

8/24/2

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast