Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Looking like the Wilfs, who own the Vikings, are strong contenders.....but Kevin Garnett is part of a group interested as well. The owner says he'll only sell to someone who won't move the team, but then I don't know how much say he'd ultimately have in that. The city already lost the Lakers and North Stars in years past.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Looking like the Wilfs, who own the Vikings, are strong contenders.....but Kevin Garnett is part of a group interested as well. The owner says he'll only sell to someone who won't move the team, but then I don't know how much say he'd ultimately have in that. The city already lost the Lakers and North Stars in years past.
    There’s a rumor if the group KG is part of were to elevate him to be the “face of governorship” (that’s what the nba calls owners) that Silver would get his group approved to purchase over another group with higher offers.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I will throw in 1,000 and you can pick up the rest. Partners.
    if its low risk banks shouldnt have any problem loaning the money to anyone, right?

Ill go apply for the loan and see what happens
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 07-23-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    if its low risk banks shouldnt have any problem loaning the money to anyone, right?

I hear you have a good shot with Deutchebank

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I hear you have a good shot with Deutchebank
    Well I'm going to apply at multiple banks. If its low risk they should be competing against each other to give me a loan.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There’s a rumor if the group KG is part of were to elevate him to be the “face of governorship” (that’s what the nba calls owners) that Silver would get his group approved to purchase over another group with higher offers.
    Does that sound like as much bull **** to you as it does to me?
    Go ahead and sell your team, but we may not let you sell it to your highest bidder if we like someone else better.
    I realize team owners are, in effect, franchisees....but approval isn't Silver's call, it's the other owners'

Or, the Wilfs (IF they're high bidders) simply offer a piece to KG....not like they've been concerned with being the face of the Vikings.

There's this tricky thing called collateral......sorry, voice of realism again

But...go for it!

There's this tricky thing called collateral......sorry, voice of realism again

But...go for it!
    Shouldnt need much if its low risk right?

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Shouldnt need much if its low risk right?
    Is that a serious question?

Is that a serious question?
    obviously you understand what im trying to say with these silly posts about myself buying a team... if its low risk, everyone that could afford it or have the capability of getting the funds would do it.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

obviously you understand what im trying to say with these silly posts about myself buying a team... if its low risk, everyone that could afford it or have the capability of getting the funds would do it.
    I'll take two, please

I heard on the radio that the NFL and NFLPA agreed to a $35M reduction for the next cap, don't know about going forward from there, but they did say that that wouldn't cover the expected losses so it's likely future caps will also be reduced.

You do realize low risk doesn't mean what you're trying to make it mean right?

There's a certain level of required capital to own a professional sports team. But for the individuals who have that level of capital, the risk is pretty low.

The hornets were forced to sell back in the day sort of. But since Benson bought the team less than 10 years ago, the value of the team has nearly quadrupled according to forbes. And Shinn owned the team for ~25 years and still sold for nearly 10 times what he paid for it.

With collectively bargained revenues, it's pretty low risk, especially with sports showing very little sign of money slowing down. If anything, it's accelerating in most sports but basketball in particular.

When herb kohl sold the bucks, he had a contingency in the sale that was basically the new owners had a window to build a new arena, which would all but guarantee the bucks stay in Milwaukee for at least 10 or so years. If they didn't get the new arena built, the nba could buy back the bucks for a certain price (which wouldn't be a huge profit for the new guys) and the new owners could not repurchase the team.

Obviously the league could have said screw Milwaukee and declined to buy back the team and let new ownership move the team, but it at least forced the new owners to have a little more of a vested stake in staying in Milwaukee.

The enterprise itself is low risk, you the borrower with insufficient funds isn't. Your analogy is weak in reality. I think we have different definitions of risk when it comes to the future enterprise value of the pro sports team.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast