Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,246

    maybe just maybe sports shouldn't be such a priority as we are making it?

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...20/5393504002/


    take a read of what scott kingery went through... good luck basketball/baseball/hockey and football... athletes need to be smarter right now and they arent. Its not worth the risk man.


    we as a country are ****ing stupid.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,366
    The billionaire owners need their money so it doesn't matter what anyone says really. It's not like there was a vote that turned it down or a CBA that's about to expire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,711
    I agree with you MTM, I think this is ridiculous. I've said it before. If we lose one player to this, we've sacrificed too much.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,871
    I dont think its necessary to have a season either but i will say 65% of major leaguers make less than a million dollars a year. Its not just the owners. The players need money to survive. Losing a year's salary doesn't matter to the Mike Trouts or Bryce Harpers of the world but it can to many other players.

    If the players didn't want this to happen, they could have just sat out. The commissioner "forcing" them to play doesn't really mean much.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...20/5393504002/


    take a read of what scott kingery went through... good luck basketball/baseball/hockey and football... athletes need to be smarter right now and they arent. Its not worth the risk man.


    we as a country are ****ing stupid.
    A single case? That's what we base things upon?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,029
    If I can go to people's houses and install AV equipment right now then some young guys in excellent health and shape can surely play sports.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,554
    They have the option to opt out. Thatís their choice. I go to work every day and Iím risking something. Itís not like these guys are I. Large crowds. Will there be a ***** show St some point with someone testing positive and maybe a whole team on quarantine? Probably. No reason they canít go to work. They just all need to follow guidelines take precautions and wear a damn mask.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    28
    I mainly feel bad for the minor leaguers, players that have gotten cut, college players, etc. There will be guys who never get an opportunity again and unfortunately COVID is to blame

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    26,479
    Yep sports shouldn't be starting up.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,824
    This is what you get with a population, league, and country that put money ahead of everything.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,109
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...20/5393504002/


    take a read of what scott kingery went through... good luck basketball/baseball/hockey and football... athletes need to be smarter right now and they arent. Its not worth the risk man.


    we as a country are ****ing stupid.
    The last part is spot on. If we actually listened to people that know what they're talking about we could be at a point where we have this thing at least semi unser control and restarting sports wouldnt have been a major deal. But because we're too stupid to actually follow the advice of experts and use other places as a case study in what works and what doesn't, we're all still dealing with this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The last part is spot on. If we actually listened to people that know what they're talking about we could be at a point where we have this thing at least semi unser control and restarting sports wouldnt have been a major deal. But because we're too stupid to actually follow the advice of experts and use other places as a case study in what works and what doesn't, we're all still dealing with this.
    Exactly, we have a bunch of buffoons who ignorantly and arrogantly believe it is a hoax, who i have seen try to tout their tough guy status saying things like "I ain't no coward like the rest of you, barbecue cookout at my house tonight, everyone invited!!" and they refuse to limit their gatherings in public, making unnecessary trips to the bar or wherever, refusing to wear masks when out in public, and boom, here we are. The arrogance in our country is directly responsible for the US nor having the virus under control like most of our overseas counterparts. It was thought places like Spain and Italy would see the worst impact-- which they did initially. But over the long term since those countries ordered stringent protocols and their citizenry axrually abiding by them, they have flattened their curves and have a MUCH better grasp on the situation.

    As long as we here in the USA remain arrogant and ignorant, it'll continue to skyrocket and the death toll will be even worse than originally predicted.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by BarvestoBraves View Post
    Exactly, we have a bunch of buffoons who ignorantly and arrogantly believe it is a hoax, who i have seen try to tout their tough guy status saying things like "I ain't no coward like the rest of you, barbecue cookout at my house tonight, everyone invited!!" and they refuse to limit their gatherings in public, making unnecessary trips to the bar or wherever, refusing to wear masks when out in public, and boom, here we are. The arrogance in our country is directly responsible for the US nor having the virus under control like most of our overseas counterparts. It was thought places like Spain and Italy would see the worst impact-- which they did initially. But over the long term since those countries ordered stringent protocols and their citizenry axrually abiding by them, they have flattened their curves and have a MUCH better grasp on the situation.

    As long as we here in the USA remain arrogant and ignorant, it'll continue to skyrocket and the death toll will be even worse than originally predicted.
    You forgot the massive protests as a cause

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,721
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You forgot the massive protests as a cause
    Covid doesnt spread during protests
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,824
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You forgot the massive protests as a cause
    You're so helpful!

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •