Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    But here's an issue I have with giving him a pass for being ignorant in the first place.... It's kinda racist to do that.

If a white NFL player of Jackson's calibre says it, the blowback would be much worse. Hell, a rookie kicker was mercilessly bullied until (And even after) he got a tattoo removed based on a very loose connection to racism (The 3 percenters don't have an official stance on racism. It's just assumed that you're racist if you support them). But Jackson posts what he thinks is a Hitler quote and is very anti-Semitic, and a lot of people come out and assume that he's ignorant.
    Yeah, I'm sorry, if a black person supports Hitler I'm going to assume they're ignorant. That's not racism; that's knowing the history and ideology of Nazi Germany.

BTW, Three Percenters have been involved in the bombing of a mosque and other terrorist plots.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    With people contrasting the amount of reaction generated, it kinda matters how long the source was public, doesn't it?

Jackson has since talked to a 94-year old Holocaust survivor and agreed to visit Auschwitz with him.
    The simple answer is a easy no.
    If someone posts that pedophilia is great and should be legal the amount of time it is up is 100 percent irrelevant.

The second quote was not my post.

Yeah, I'm sorry, if a black person supports Hitler I'm going to assume they're ignorant. That's not racism; that's knowing the history and ideology of Nazi Germany.

BTW, Three Percenters have been involved in the bombing of a mosque and other terrorist plots.
    Your first statement and your second statement are exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    The simple answer is a easy no.
    If someone posts that pedophilia is great and should be legal the amount of time it is up is 100 percent irrelevant.

The second quote was not my post.
    What if the person made a mistake though?

The second quote is relevant to that.

Your first statement and your second statement are exactly what I'm talking about.
    What are you talking about?

That the Patriots kicker should have caused as much outrage as Brees?

What if the person made a mistake though?

The second quote is relevant to that.
    But that wasn’t the case here. It wasn’t fraudulent. He admitted that these were his thoughts. So the amount of time it was up is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    But that wasn’t the case here. It wasn’t fraudulent. He admitted that these were his thoughts. So the amount of time it was up is irrelevant.
    The complete opposite actually.

A minority supporting one of the most evil humans in history who committed genocide...."Oh he's just ignorant." While a white person has a tattoo of far right movement that has no official religious ideology... "Racist! Some people that consider themselves 3 percenters, did something awful so that means he's racist too".

Btw... Only 1 of the 3 men in that mosque bombing was connected to the 3 percenters... And he was a former sheriff's deputy.

What are you talking about?

That the Patriots kicker should have caused as much outrage as Brees?
    I'm talking about how it's racist to claim or assume that a minority is just ignorant rather than racist himself

I'm talking about how it's racist to claim or assume that a minority is just ignorant rather than racist himself
    A minority supporting one of the most evil humans in history who committed genocide...."Oh he's just ignorant."
    Do you know what Nazis thought of black people?

It's obviously ignorant to support someone who wants you enslaved or killed.

While a white person has a tattoo of far right movement that has no official religious ideology... "Racist! Some people that consider themselves 3 percenters, did something awful so that means he's racist too".

Btw... Only 1 of the 3 men in that mosque bombing was connected to the 3 percenters... And he was a former sheriff's deputy.
    I only included that because you made it seem like the Three Percenters are a completely non-controversial organization.

I happen to believe that Rohrwasser was ignorant in getting that tattoo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    There's a very specific reason for his weird take.
    My hidden agenda of Hitler wanting me dead.

Do you know what Nazis thought of black people?

It's obviously ignorant to support someone who wants you enslaved or killed.

I only included that because you made it seem like the Three Percenters are a completely non-controversial organization.

I happen to believe that Rohrwasser was ignorant in getting that tattoo as well.
    Of course I do. But to enemies can have a common enemy and work together to rid that common enemy. Like the USSR in WW2.

Oh I hope I'm not making it sound like that. They definitely are controversial. I'm just saying that being racist isn't a prerequisite of joining that group.

I'm just saying that the Patriots kicker was straight up bullied by the likes of Jemelle Hill and others for having a tattoo but DJax is just "Ignorant" or "Can use this as a teaching moment" when he actually posts something awfully offensive.

If I had to choose between which one of those two players was likely ignorant, it would be the kicker. Everyone knows who Hitler was. But unless you really do your research, it's hard to know much about the 3 percenters. Not to mention one of the two is like 21 while the other one is 33 lol.

My hidden agenda of Hitler wanting me dead.
    I mean, you were right in saying that. Everything in this damn country is politicised right now. So you've got the libs pointing out all of the racists on one side of the aisle. And then on the other side, DJax gets caught up in this antisemitism thing and all of the right wingers (Even some of the outed racists) start dishing it back to the libs. And it just gets louder and louder.

Meanwhile, no worthwhile dialogue is taking place at a national level. I fully anticipate that a civil war will take place in the US within the next 20 years.

What about the people who are fragile over the non-harmful speech response to Brees' non-harmful speech?

Again, there are very obviously two "hive minds" on that flag thing.
    There are, and they're both toxic.

Except he simply shared what he thought was a Hitler quote, he didn't support Hitler, Nazi Germany, or anyone else, he shared a quote that basically accused Jews of lying and holding back black people. He could easily be antisemitic and just liked the quote. It could fall in line with "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing. Antisemitism isn't mutually exclusive to Nazism.

I just can’t buy this whole “mistake” thing. It was a quote attributed Hitler. Hitler! His “clarification” was that he meant one specific part. I don’t buy that DeSean Jackson reads things by picking a random sentence in the middle of the page. He read right through the part about how Jewish people are evil and want to take over the world and shared it. Who in the world could read through that and share it if they weren’t ok with prejudice against Jews.

I can’t possibly imagine seeing this situation and having any opinion other than DeSean Jackson has prejudice against Jews.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast