Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Malcolm Jenkins said that DJax' comments were wrong and that people who were affected should be allowed to comment but that for other people to weigh in is a distraction from what's important (fighting for black people).

A lot of people will call this "hypocritical". I'm not gonna go there. Jenkins is a black man. He thinks antisemitism is wrong but he's not as motivated to deal with as he is a cause he identifies with. That's human nature and no one is obligated to devote their life to the cause of every injustice. Nothing wrong with investing more into one cause that you identify with vs another that you don't.

What I do think is worth pointing out though, is that his reaction to antisemitism is most white people's reaction to racism. It's not that they think it's right, it's that we aren't impacted by it so we don't usually care enough to devote time/effort/money to fixing it.

So I think the overall lack of care for DJax' comments from black leaders highlights a lot of the issues they face in their own fight for their own cause. People just don't give a **** about things that don't impact them. They'll acknowledge that something is bad but they just aren't motivated to invest themselves in fixing it if there's no gain to them.
    This really hits the nail on the head. You can't scream about "silence is violence" if you're just gonna kick your feet back while another group is being attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The "lightening into" Brees was way overstated. He called his teammates and other NFL players disrespectful for "protesting the flag" and said he'd would "never agree with them". So they called him out for that and he clarified his remarks.

But the topic is highly controversial so it was also discussed everywhere. It gets the people going.

None of that applies to the DJax situation. He posted antisemitic **** and praised Farrakhan. Then almost immediately deleted the stuff and apologized. There wasn't even enough time for LeBron James, who is apparently the ambassador for black people, to issue an official statement. Neither is there any point in debating Hitler quotes on a sports debate show.
    Regardless of how fast it was deleted, everyone in the NFL has surely heard about it, especially in Philly. Are we going to pretend that someone shouldn't catch hell for a racist tweet because they delete it? Im sure others have been 'canceled' for less.

Brees had teammates openly say he should "stfu" and fans were burning his jersey while chanting "**** drew brees". Am I really in the wrong for wanting to see that same energy directed at a legitimately racist comment?

Atta baby Jenk.

What I do think is worth pointing out though, is that his reaction to antisemitism is most white people's reaction to racism. It's not that they think it's right, it's that we aren't impacted by it so we don't usually care enough to devote time/effort/money to fixing it.
    That right there is 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malcolm Jenkins said that DJax' comments were wrong and that people who were affected should be allowed to comment but that for other people to weigh in is a distraction from what's important (fighting for black people).

A lot of people will call this "hypocritical". I'm not gonna go there. Jenkins is a black man. He thinks antisemitism is wrong but he's not as motivated to deal with as he is a cause he identifies with. That's human nature and no one is obligated to devote their life to the cause of every injustice. Nothing wrong with investing more into one cause that you identify with vs another that you don't.

So I think the overall lack of care for DJax' comments from black leaders highlights a lot of the issues they face in their own fight for their own cause. People just don't give a **** about things that don't impact them. They'll acknowledge that something is bad but they just aren't motivated to invest themselves in fixing it if there's no gain to them.
    This is 100% spot on

Trump can eat a booger on a live TV and it will be on the news for days. That's not racist either. Thinking that the severity of an issue is accurately assessed by the extent of the media coverage it created is super dumb. Obviously antisemitism is a bigger problem than Brees' idea that his kneeling teammates are disrespectful to his grandfathers.
    you're pulling thi gs out of there that aren't what I said.....I'm talking about the media's hypocrisy in letting Desean off easier than Drew...and for the record, I personally like the former more than the latter. And this isn't the first time I've seen your take that Drew's concern was disrespecting his grandfathers...his comment was about disrespecting the flag they fought for, not just them personally
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I don't see how anything can hurt their cause. Their cause is that black people should be treated fairly. There's nothing anyone could ever say or do to make me think less of that clause.

Now, if what you mean to say is that it lowers your opinion of an individual, then yeah. Malcolm Jenkins trying to patch over and dismiss prejudice against Jewish people make me think less of him as a person than I did before. So yeah, maybe the messenger gets docked in my view, but the message itself is something I agree with 100% and nothing could ever take away from that. Nothing any black person ever says or does in any way could diminish my belief that black people deserve fair treatment.
    by no means did I mean the cause was less vallid regardless of what someone said, I was meaning when things like this happen it damages progress in fighting that cause

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Atta baby Jenk.
    that's all you got for what he said?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Regardless of how fast it was deleted, everyone in the NFL has surely heard about it, especially in Philly. Are we going to pretend that someone shouldn't catch hell for a racist tweet because they delete it? Im sure others have been 'canceled' for less.

Brees had teammates openly say he should "stfu" and fans were burning his jersey while chanting "**** drew brees". Am I really in the wrong for wanting to see that same energy directed at a legitimately racist comment?
    How do the situations compare?

Brees didn't say anything racist. What he said was disappointing to a lot of people, including his teammates, because he called them disrespectful for protesting and that he would never agree with them.

Jackson posted a page with antisemitism and other **** and quickly removed it, apologized. There's isn't much more to talk about here, because 95+% of people won't defend Hitler quotes like Brees was defended for "simply having an opinion". That's because a lot of people actually think (or insinuate) the NFL protests are meant to be disrespectful.

If I thought Jackson actually was a Nazi or an advocate of genocide, I'd want him removed from the team immediately. But that wasn't very likely to begin with and all he did since then shows he isn't that. BTW I never wanted Brees "cancelled" either.

That people would even view these two situations as "white man gets punished, black man doesn't get punished" is quite revealing.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 07-11-2020 at 02:02 PM.

DeSean Jackson outs himself as being anti-Semitic

Jenkins comment rubs me the wrong way a bit.

While I agree with what hpf said I think the point made about ďnot the other races donít care itís just the effort wouldnít be put in as much if it doesnít directly effect me/them.Ē

If youíre in a battle, per se, regarding oppression, disrespect, brutality, etc again black men, donít you think youíd do whatever you could to help correct/educate if a black man does something very similar to a group of people in a very very similar state as his fellow black men?

If Desean was Chinese and said this, I would understand more with Jenkins because he really would have nothing to do with it.

Overall he wants to stop all oppression and he needs to do it for his people first, Iíd get that, but when youíre fighting for your race and someone in your race does what youíre fighting against to another oppressed group, I think that absolutely would be his ďproblem.Ē

And I also want to add that BLM should be everyoneís problem. I know as a white man Iíll never understand what they go through but itís still my problem to not be an oppressor and to not treat them any differently (Iím not a cop so that part I canít do but I still have a part to play in BLM). Because it really has a large part to do with white vs black. Thatís what really bothers me about what Jenkins said because I fear people will take Jenkins comment to mean that he truly only cares about black people being the target; any other group doesnít matter. (I know he somewhat cleared up what he said but Iíll keep going back to a black one was the oppressor so it shouldnít be something kept out of.)

I hate getting into these types of convos because Iím one that hates all people equally haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by koldjerky; 07-11-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Sorry Jenks, but Jewish lives matter, and antisemitism is called "the world's oldest hate" for a reason. And since BLM is predicated on a lie, that's even more of a reason to ignore his infantile whining.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Sorry Jenks, but Jewish lives matter, and antisemitism is called "the world's oldest hate" for a reason. And since BLM is predicated on a lie, that's even more of a reason to ignore his infantile whining.
    I'm critical of the "race" essentialism that mostly liberals bring into the movement, but can we stop pretending that if the name were "End Police Brutality" that there wouldn't be the exact same people opposing it?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah after hearing what Stephen Jackson said about the post, I have a harder time believing that DeSean doesn't actually believe what he posted.
    Probably behind, but apparently Malik Jackson and Preston Smith have both come out as racists as well, supporting Farrahkhan/Hitler.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I'm critical of the "race" essentialism that mostly liberals bring into the movement, but can we stop pretending that if the name were "End Police Brutality" that there wouldn't be the exact same people opposing it?
    Actually, if that were the name, and you made your point off the football field without disrespecting the anthem/flag, you'd have many more adherents.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Actually, if that were the name, and you made your point off the football field without disrespecting the anthem/flag, you'd have many more adherents.
    Thanks for making my point.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast