Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Shhhhh, Mtm still thinks nobody was opposed.
    are you stupid or just trying to pretend like you are? do you want to see the reddit posts showing the outrage from athletes over brees and the so few which is being nice to say the least over this because there is a big *** comparison on reddit to show just this? please ****ing say yes... again its blm which is fine but to them app those are the only lives that matter per hypocrites which i figured you would follow with because that has been and will always be you in a nut shell.

the hypocritical ******** from top to bottom has been flat out exposed and there are actual posts from actual people in the sports world saying the same ****ing thing

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    this basically sums up your post which bdawk will ignore much like others

Ronnie
    @RonnieCPA
    Replying to
    @thecheckdown

@ZBNFL
    and 3 others
    "Players across the league"

2 jews and 2 players. Thats everyone.

What happended to "silence is compliance"

there is no players across the league... there is a bunch of hypocritical pos keeping their mouth shut because it doesnt fit their narrative. Its no offense to you war at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Malik Jackson of the Eagles has come out and defended Louis Farrakhan as a good man. This guy has called Jews termites, said Hitler was a good man, said Jews are behind 9/11, etc.

I think all of us can agree there’s a big problem with white America not treating blacks fairly. Ranging in a scale from being full blown racist to maybe just ignorant and burying our heads in the sand to it.

Seeing a lot of the “controversy” behind this, at what point do we just acknowledge that there seems to be the same widespread hate/ignorance in the black community towards the Jewish community. That doesn’t in any way take away from or justify white America being racist towards blacks but it feels like something we should acknowledge IMO.

but black people cant be racist remember... only white people can. The tip toeing around this jackson **** and players/media defending him or not having an uproar shows just how ****ed up everything is... the notion that these guys dont want to speak up because it could hurt the blm movement is also ****ed... speaking up for equality and speaking up as loudly for this would only help further the movement which is good.... its ****ing equity people and not equality when it fits a narrative or equality when we so choose it.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 07-10-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this basically sums up your post which bdawk will ignore much like others

Ronnie
    @RonnieCPA
    Replying to
    @thecheckdown

@ZBNFL
    and 3 others
    "Players across the league"

2 jews and 2 players. Thats everyone.

What happended to "silence is compliance"

there is no players across the league... there is a bunch of hypocritical pos keeping their mouth shut because it doesnt fit their narrative. Its no offense to you war at all.
    Yeah, that was my first thought as well. 2 Jewish players speaking out and 2 non-Jewish players from 3 teams is "around the league"? Even more disappointing, not a single teammate is speaking against it, whereas Brees' whole ****ing locker room flipped on him. You'd like to think that blatant prejudice comment would cause more of a locker room issue than a tone deaf lack of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    are you stupid or just trying to pretend like you are? do you want to see the reddit posts showing the outrage from athletes over brees and the so few which is being nice to say the least over this because there is a big *** comparison on reddit to show just this? please ****ing say yes... again its blm which is fine but to them app those are the only lives that matter per hypocrites which i figured you would follow with because that has been and will always be you in a nut shell.

the hypocritical ******** from top to bottom has been flat out exposed and there are actual posts from actual people in the sports world saying the same ****ing thing
    Are you asking for black athletes to come out and say that they don't agree with Hitler? Is that what you want?

The real hypocrisy here is that I've never seen you this outraged over white supremacy / white nationalism.

Just to be clear, Farrakhan has said and done horrible things.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Are you asking for black athletes to come out and say that they don't agree with Hitler? Is that what you want?

The real hypocrisy here is that I've never seen you this outraged over white supremacy / white nationalism.

Just to be clear, Farrakhan has said and done horrible things.
    Counter point, when do you see open legit white supremacy from an NFL player? I'm not going to pretend there's no open white supremacists in the world, but society definitely considers "white supremacy" more taboo than antisemitism.

I want athletes of every color to light into DeSean the way they did Brees for something way less offensive.

Malcolm Jenkins said that DJax' comments were wrong and that people who were affected should be allowed to comment but that for other people to weigh in is a distraction from what's important (fighting for black people).

A lot of people will call this "hypocritical". I'm not gonna go there. Jenkins is a black man. He thinks antisemitism is wrong but he's not as motivated to deal with as he is a cause he identifies with. That's human nature and no one is obligated to devote their life to the cause of every injustice. Nothing wrong with investing more into one cause that you identify with vs another that you don't.

What I do think is worth pointing out though, is that his reaction to antisemitism is most white people's reaction to racism. It's not that they think it's right, it's that we aren't impacted by it so we don't usually care enough to devote time/effort/money to fixing it.

So I think the overall lack of care for DJax' comments from black leaders highlights a lot of the issues they face in their own fight for their own cause. People just don't give a **** about things that don't impact them. They'll acknowledge that something is bad but they just aren't motivated to invest themselves in fixing it if there's no gain to them.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Malcolm Jenkins said that DJax' comments were wrong and that people who were affected should be allowed to comment but that for other people to weigh in is a distraction from what's important (fighting for black people).

A lot of people will call this "hypocritical". I'm not gonna go there. Jenkins is a black man. He thinks antisemitism is wrong but he's not as motivated to deal with as he is a cause he identifies with. That's human nature and no one is obligated to devote their life to the cause of every injustice. Nothing wrong with investing more into one cause that you identify with vs another that you don't.

What I do think is worth pointing out though, is that his reaction to antisemitism is most white people's reaction to racism. It's not that they think it's right, it's that we aren't impacted by it so we don't usually care enough to devote time/effort/money to fixing it.

So I think the overall lack of care for DJax' comments from black leaders highlights a lot of the issues they face in their own fight for their own cause. People just don't give a **** about things that don't impact them. They'll acknowledge that something is bad but they just aren't motivated to invest themselves in fixing it if there's no gain to them.
    This needs to be copied and pasted in every thread

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Shhhhh, Mtm still thinks nobody was opposed.
    He is making a valid point. It isn't that nobody was opposed. It was that you didn't hear nearly as much about what DeSean said when it was blatantly racist. What Brees said was not racist, he just wasn't seeing the point of the protest and many top athletes slandered him and ultimately really hurt his reputation. Which is sad considering the amount of charity and other things he has helped New Orleans with.

DeSean also liked a post that said something about black men shouldn't have to apologize for what they say which is pretty much saying even if it is racist, black men should be able to say anything they want. Just a lot of hypocrisy going around. Malcom Jenkins pretty much passed it along with the excuse of lets not lose focus on what really matters (BLM).

Firstly, it's not just black leaders that have been less vocal against his comments, the media itself hasn't been nearly as critical as they were of Brees...and Drew's comments weren't even racist. So yeah, it hurts their own cause when they don't acknowledge they have some of the same tendencies they're fighting against. Being a Christian, I think of verses like 'why worry about the speck in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own'? Ain't one of us perfect.

I don't think it's that they don't care about things that impact them, I think they're struggling to acknowledge that theirs is not the only group that's been negatively impacted. I mean for me it's part of why I've struggled with the whole Black Lives Matter slogan. I got **** in the political forum mentioning All Lives Matter...but I was meaning it as being inclusive for other minority groups.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Firstly, it's not just black leaders that have been less vocal against his comments, the media itself hasn't been nearly as critical as they were of Brees...and Drew's comments weren't even racist. So yeah, it hurts their own cause when they don't acknowledge they have some of the same tendencies they're fighting against. Being a Christian, I think of verses like 'why worry about the speck in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own'? Ain't one of us perfect.

I don't think it's that they don't care about things that impact them, I think they're struggling to acknowledge that theirs is not the only group that's been negatively impacted. I mean for me it's part of why I've struggled with the whole Black Lives Matter slogan. I got **** in the political forum mentioning All Lives Matter...but I was meaning it as being inclusive for other minority groups.
    I don't see how anything can hurt their cause. Their cause is that black people should be treated fairly. There's nothing anyone could ever say or do to make me think less of that clause.

Now, if what you mean to say is that it lowers your opinion of an individual, then yeah. Malcolm Jenkins trying to patch over and dismiss prejudice against Jewish people make me think less of him as a person than I did before. So yeah, maybe the messenger gets docked in my view, but the message itself is something I agree with 100% and nothing could ever take away from that. Nothing any black person ever says or does in any way could diminish my belief that black people deserve fair treatment.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Counter point, when do you see open legit white supremacy from an NFL player? I'm not going to pretend there's no open white supremacists in the world, but society definitely considers "white supremacy" more taboo than antisemitism.

I want athletes of every color to light into DeSean the way they did Brees for something way less offensive.
    The "lightening into" Brees was way overstated. He called his teammates and other NFL players disrespectful for "protesting the flag" and said he'd would "never agree with them". So they called him out for that and he clarified his remarks.

But the topic is highly controversial so it was also discussed everywhere. It gets the people going.

None of that applies to the DJax situation. He posted antisemitic **** and praised Farrakhan. Then almost immediately deleted the stuff and apologized. There wasn't even enough time for LeBron James, who is apparently the ambassador for black people, to issue an official statement. Neither is there any point in debating Hitler quotes on a sports debate show.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 07-10-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Firstly, it's not just black leaders that have been less vocal against his comments, the media itself hasn't been nearly as critical as they were of Brees...and Drew's comments weren't even racist.
    Trump can eat a booger on a live TV and it will be on the news for days. That's not racist either. Thinking that the severity of an issue is accurately assessed by the extent of the media coverage it created is super dumb. Obviously antisemitism is a bigger problem than Brees' idea that his kneeling teammates are disrespectful to his grandfathers.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 07-10-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Very good point

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast