Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 358
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What did he actually say? Do you think DeSean Jackson is a Nazi?

    I keep trying to explain why the media reaction was different, why NFL player reaction was different. But these are apparently flimsy arguments.

    "What Jackson said is worse, so his scolding should be worse" is such a schoolboy analysis of the two situations. Apparently the media are arbiters of truth and unbiased judgement? Besides, Jackson actually got a fine. But Brees still had it worse somehow.
    Should be worse? Then you're missing the real point...you can dance around whether it SHOULD be worse, the question, at least for me, was....from the media's and social network comment standpoint, why WASN'T it worse? I give two ***** about the should at this point, it's more interesting for me to wonder why they let him off easier.

    Of course I don't think Jackson is a Nazi....I'm not the one that talked about defending antisemitism when there IS no defense for it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    14,069
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Itís not just the media though. What a weird take you have on this.
    There's a very specific reason for his weird take.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Where did I say Brees should have been fined???

    He wasn't punished in any way; that's the point.

    Do you think speech is harmful?


    OK, let's raise the bar: Do you think Jackson is an antisemite?
    Obviously hate speech can be harmful. Can non-hate speech be harmful? Sure, given how fragile some people are. Was Brees' opinion "harmful" or an unacceptable opinion? I dont think so. It didn't match what the hive mind wants everyone to think, but it's his opinion. I personally couldn't care less about the flag/anthem, and i can get on board with it not being disrespectful, but i also won't be telling anyone that they can't view it as disrespectful.

    Do I think DJ is an antisemite? I don't know him at all, but based on his willingness to share an antisemitic quote that he apparently believed was by Hitler sure doesnt look good. Best case scenario he accused "white" Jews of lying about their religion and extorting black people, worst case he had some pretty hateful views of Jews. Any white guy sharing that same quote gets called a white nationalist/KKK supporter/neonazi/skinhead without a second thought.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,065
    Desean is an idiot, thatís about the extent of it.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,037
    If a guy posts stuff attributed to Hitler talking about how Jews are evil and want to take over the world idk, my instinct tells me heís probably prejudice against Jewish people. You can unlearn prejudice just like you can learn it though and at least publicly going through the motions he seems to be down to learn so thatís good. But idk how anyone canít look from the outside and think that the guy isnít prejudice against Jews. You wouldnít post something like that if you werenít IMO.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,065
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If a guy posts stuff attributed to Hitler talking about how Jews are evil and want to take over the world idk, my instinct tells me heís probably prejudice against Jewish people. You can unlearn prejudice just like you can learn it though and at least publicly going through the motions he seems to be down to learn so thatís good. But idk how anyone canít look from the outside and think that the guy isnít prejudice against Jews. You wouldnít post something like that if you werenít IMO.
    Heís explained his ignorance. He messes up. He works for a Jew and nothing historically from desean screams anti-Jew. In fact, heís been the polar opposite with a love everyone mentality, prior to the recent BLM stuff.

    Thereís not much reason not to take him at his word of being uneducated on the matter and it was a poor decision regardless of his intent.

    Desean isnít the brightest bulb to begin with but I still lean towards him being more uneducated in the matter than some sort of closet Jew hater.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,691
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Heís explained his ignorance. He messes up. He works for a Jew and nothing historically from desean screams anti-Jew. In fact, heís been the polar opposite with a love everyone mentality, prior to the recent BLM stuff.

    Thereís not much reason not to take him at his word of being uneducated on the matter and it was a poor decision regardless of his intent.

    Desean isnít the brightest bulb to begin with but I still lean towards him being more uneducated in the matter than some sort of closet Jew hater.
    Riley Cooper had black teammates and coaches.

    Thatís a weak excuse.

    I agree that Desean is more uneducated/ignorant than he was intending to be anti Semitic, but ďhis boss is a Jew,Ē is a pretty lame excuse for why he wouldnít be prejudice against Jews.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,943
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Riley Cooper had black teammates and coaches.

    Thatís a weak excuse.

    I agree that Desean is more uneducated/ignorant than he was intending to be anti Semitic, but ďhis boss is a Jew,Ē is a pretty lame excuse for why he wouldnít be prejudice against Jews.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I overall think ignorance and stupidity is a bad excuse as well. Uninformed of the context? Maybe. But you donít post what he did being completely unaware of what is being invoked.

    The reason I have issue with the general response is essentially summed up by what Malcolm Jenkins said even though he used it in the wrong context. A group may support equality for all, but only care when itís their equality they are addressing.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Heís explained his ignorance. He messes up. He works for a Jew and nothing historically from desean screams anti-Jew. In fact, heís been the polar opposite with a love everyone mentality, prior to the recent BLM stuff.

    Thereís not much reason not to take him at his word of being uneducated on the matter and it was a poor decision regardless of his intent.

    Desean isnít the brightest bulb to begin with but I still lean towards him being more uneducated in the matter than some sort of closet Jew hater.
    Problem is.....people wouldn't give the same excuse to a lot of people who make racist comments.....they wouldn't be allowed off the hook as just being uneducated on a subject...they're just racist. There's no justification for that door to not swing in all directions. I'm not suggesting he is racist...but many whites have been labeled racists by having made only one...uneducated...comment.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,471
    One of my favourite excuses.
    ď it was deleted quickly ď

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Heís explained his ignorance. He messes up. He works for a Jew and nothing historically from desean screams anti-Jew. In fact, heís been the polar opposite with a love everyone mentality, prior to the recent BLM stuff.

    Thereís not much reason not to take him at his word of being uneducated on the matter and it was a poor decision regardless of his intent.

    Desean isnít the brightest bulb to begin with but I still lean towards him being more uneducated in the matter than some sort of closet Jew hater.
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Berkeley.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,691
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I overall think ignorance and stupidity is a bad excuse as well. Uninformed of the context? Maybe. But you donít post what he did being completely unaware of what is being invoked.

    The reason I have issue with the general response is essentially summed up by what Malcolm Jenkins said even though he used it in the wrong context. A group may support equality for all, but only care when itís their equality they are addressing.
    Well be uninformed of the context and ignorant to the context are basically the same thing.

    Agreed. Itís unfortunate because I feel equality needs to be addressed by others outside those who need it. Black people arenít going to get equality unless white people (and other groups) show it. White people have the more important part in equality. So this ďonly caring if itís my equalityĒ will never accomplish whatís being tasked.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,065
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Riley Cooper had black teammates and coaches.

    Thatís a weak excuse.

    I agree that Desean is more uneducated/ignorant than he was intending to be anti Semitic, but ďhis boss is a Jew,Ē is a pretty lame excuse for why he wouldnít be prejudice against Jews.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I didn't;t intend that to be the sole reason but I understand your point.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,065
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Problem is.....people wouldn't give the same excuse to a lot of people who make racist comments.....they wouldn't be allowed off the hook as just being uneducated on a subject...they're just racist. There's no justification for that door to not swing in all directions. I'm not suggesting he is racist...but many whites have been labeled racists by having made only one...uneducated...comment.
    While I agree, I also think there is more common knowledge as it relates to black and white as there is knowledge of Jews from a societal standpoint. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't know much about that subject and it's not something that is typically flooding mainstream media.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    While I agree, I also think there is more common knowledge as it relates to black and white as there is knowledge of Jews from a societal standpoint. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't know much about that subject and it's not something that is typically flooding mainstream media.
    comes back around to the same thing...is making a comment about a certain group not racist just because the commenter is uneducated about them.....or is having made the comment not KNOWING it was racist...just as racist. I know a lot more about native culture than black culture because that's been my personal exposure; would that excuse me if I made a racist comment about blacks because in my world, there is less common knowledge about them?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •