Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I just can’t buy this whole “mistake” thing. It was a quote attributed Hitler. Hitler! His “clarification” was that he meant one specific part. I don’t buy that DeSean Jackson reads things by picking a random sentence in the middle of the page. He read right through the part about how Jewish people are evil and want to take over the world and shared it. Who in the world could read through that and share it if they weren’t ok with prejudice against Jews.

I can’t possibly imagine seeing this situation and having any opinion other than DeSean Jackson has prejudice against Jews.
    Totally agree. Seems fairly obvious.

I just can’t buy this whole “mistake” thing. It was a quote attributed Hitler. Hitler! His “clarification” was that he meant one specific part. I don’t buy that DeSean Jackson reads things by picking a random sentence in the middle of the page. He read right through the part about how Jewish people are evil and want to take over the world and shared it. Who in the world could read through that and share it if they weren’t ok with prejudice against Jews.

I can’t possibly imagine seeing this situation and having any opinion other than DeSean Jackson has prejudice against Jews.
    Completely agree

I’m surprised he can read in the first place.

His actions since then show otherwise.

The page he posted also mentions the Illuminati, expresses a desire to start world war 3, and states literally "Hitler was right". So if you were to take the whole thing as an accurate representation of his beliefs, you could only assume DJax is a complete nut.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    His actions since then show otherwise.

The page he posted also mentions the Illuminati, expresses a desire to start world war 3, and states literally "Hitler was right". So if you were to take the whole thing as an accurate representation of his beliefs, you could only assume DJax is a complete nut.
    His actions since then is called damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Talking to a 94-year old Holocaust survivor and agreeing to go to Auschwitz is a bit more than damage control. You know it's in Poland, right? That's a real depressing trip; he probably won't be partying it up in Warsaw afterward.

Talking to a 94-year old Holocaust survivor and agreeing to go to Auschwitz is a bit more than damage control. You know it's in Poland, right? That's a real depressing trip; he probably won't be partying it up in Warsaw afterward.
    Considering the amount of money he would of lost being cut and potentially ending his career it’s a very profitable trip. Well played Desean.

Considering the amount of money he would of lost being cut and potentially ending his career it’s a very profitable trip. Well played Desean.
    Have you visited a concentration camp?

Have you visited a concentration camp?
    What’s your point? He was backed into a corner. What could he say when he was invited? No thanks not interested?
    He’s preserving his career. This trip might save him millions.

That's your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That's your opinion.
    Absolutely.
    His actions right now tell us nothing seeing as he has lots to lose. In a few years from now we will probably have a better idea when he’s retired and has nothing to lose.

What’s your point? He was backed into a corner. What could he say when he was invited? No thanks not interested?
    He’s preserving his career. This trip might save him millions.
    Well, it's good to see we've moved from "he's an antisemite" to "he's preserving his career by visiting Auschwitz with a Holocaust survivor".

These two seem a little hard to reconcile, but that's speaking as someone who has visited concentration camps and other places that document the horrors of the Holocaust.

Well, it's good to see we've moved from "he's an antisemite" to "he's preserving his career by visiting Auschwitz with a Holocaust survivor".

These two seem a little hard to reconcile, but that's speaking as someone who has visited concentration camps and other places that document the horrors of the Holocaust.
    Your experiences don’t add anything to his defence.
    We just have to use a little common sense here. Nice guy or bad guy he had little choice here. Your naive if you don’t think the money had something to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Do you think his intent was to incite hate?
    It’s almost impossible to know intent. And in reality negligence or ignorance can be just as bad as intent. Especially when it’s not a particularly nuanced subject. What I would say is this. Reading that passage and then sharing it as your opinion whether intend to or not is the same. You can’t not read that and not see it for exactly what it is. He can claim ignorance all he wants but what he posted was so blatantly horrible that he gets zero benefit of the doubt.

The part he highlighted is saying the Jews are intending to extort America and take over the world and keep the black people down by keeping them ignorant.

That’s not a mistake that’s him doubling down.

If he was smart about it all he had to do to fix this was say, my intent wasn’t to involve the Jewish community. This was a passage that was sent to me and I wanted to highlight that the African American community has been stripped of their identity and it has been used to keep our community down while propping up the US at the same time. I apologize for posting something that had anti-Semitic remarks. My intent wasn’t to tear down another group of people who have also been persecuted throughout history but highlight my specific community.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast