Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Thereís a huge difference between that quote and the one Jackson used. Whether knowing where it came from or not is irrelevant.

The words (and intent) used are significantly different. Your quote while conning off as arrogant isnít inciting hate.

Jacksons quote is.
    Do you think his intent was to incite hate?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    that's just it....what exactly WAS his intent?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

All can be true and likely are in this situation, IMO.
    The last part of my comment was saying that he's anti-Semitic and he thought more people would share his beliefs lol

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    I love how a 33-year-old man needs to be "educated" about Hitler and Jew hatred. Apparently these are brand new topics to him.
    Exactly why I have trouble believing that he isn't actually anti-Semitic

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    *scouring through BDawks social media outlets to see if he ever posted something highly offensive with uneducated intent*

Edit: The least educated man knows not to say the N word. The least educated man also knows not to shed Hitler in a good light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I answered below yours already but intent absolutely matters which is the entire point.

Hitler was evil and Desean knew exactly who the quote was from or at least based around. I donít care if it is a lovely quote, itís said or inspired by Hitler. No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah his post attributed it to Hitler lol. Definitely not the same as seeing a random saying on a shirt

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah his post attributed it to Hitler lol. Definitely not the same as seeing a random saying on a shirt
    My point was, if one of the quotes I listed was on a shirt would you think twice, even if it came from Hitler? Maybe I just see it different but I am trying to learn for sure. Maybe I can separate one from another better? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    I love how a 33-year-old man needs to be "educated" about Hitler and Jew hatred. Apparently these are brand new topics to him.
    I mean, that sort of applies to any form of ignorance.

You'd be shocked at how ignorant 40+ year old adults are with regard to racism and the horrific US history. All they seem to know is slavery was abolished in 1865 and MLK died in 1968 lol.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Considering recent polls show that around 35% of black people considered to be anti-Semitic, and considering that Jackson also supports Louis Farrakhan who's known to be anti-Semitic, it would be foolish to assume that he is just ignorant.

But here's an issue I have with giving him a pass for being ignorant in the first place.... It's kinda racist to do that.

If a white NFL player of Jackson's calibre says it, the blowback would be much worse. Hell, a rookie kicker was mercilessly bullied until (And even after) he got a tattoo removed based on a very loose connection to racism (The 3 percenters don't have an official stance on racism. It's just assumed that you're racist if you support them). But Jackson posts what he thinks is a Hitler quote and is very anti-Semitic, and a lot of people come out and assume that he's ignorant.

He needs to be held to the same standard as others. But instead, people say he's ignorant, or uneducated, or that this is a good teaching moment for him. This is a spot on example of ideological racism.

(And for the record, I'm not saying that you're racist. It's been the general way that Jackson's post has been spun by the media).

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post

You'd be shocked at how ignorant 40+ year old adults are with regard to racism and the horrific US history. All they seem to know is slavery was abolished in 1865 and MLK died in 1968 lol.
    2020 has shown how stupid Americans are... That's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post

There was more?

but...not quite sure you're talking 40+ yr olds when it amazes me what Gen X and millenials don't know about a lot of things, including history...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    One of my favourite excuses.
    ď it was deleted quickly ď
    With people contrasting the amount of reaction generated, it kinda matters how long the source was public, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Do I think DJ is an antisemite? I don't know him at all, but based on his willingness to share an antisemitic quote that he apparently believed was by Hitler sure doesnt look good. Best case scenario he accused "white" Jews of lying about their religion and extorting black people, worst case he had some pretty hateful views of Jews. Any white guy sharing that same quote gets called a white nationalist/KKK supporter/neonazi/skinhead without a second thought.
    Jackson has since talked to a 94-year old Holocaust survivor and agreed to visit Auschwitz with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    There was more?

but...not quite sure you're talking 40+ yr olds when it amazes me what Gen X and millenials don't know about a lot of things, including history...
    You understand that the absolute youngest gen x is 40, right? So 40+ would include virtually all gen x.

But the 40+ distinction is likely because boomers and gen x are as a whole, less educated than millennials. That would be my guess at least.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Should be worse? Then you're missing the real point...you can dance around whether it SHOULD be worse, the question, at least for me, was....from the media's and social network comment standpoint, why WASN'T it worse?
    I already gave multiple reason.

I'm more surprised by people who think the Brees and Jackson situations are even comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Obviously hate speech can be harmful. Can non-hate speech be harmful? Sure, given how fragile some people are. Was Brees' opinion "harmful" or an unacceptable opinion? I dont think so. It didn't match what the hive mind wants everyone to think, but it's his opinion. I personally couldn't care less about the flag/anthem, and i can get on board with it not being disrespectful, but i also won't be telling anyone that they can't view it as disrespectful.
    What about the people who are fragile over the non-harmful speech response to Brees' non-harmful speech?

Again, there are very obviously two "hive minds" on that flag thing.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 07-14-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast