Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    *scouring through BDawks social media outlets to see if he ever posted something highly offensive with uneducated intent*

Edit: The least educated man knows not to say the N word. The least educated man also knows not to shed Hitler in a good light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I donít disagree, and Hitler was a terrible human but that doesnít mean that 100% of his ideology was bad. Even the worst people are capable of good thoughts. But I completely understand what you mean.

Disclaimer: Iím not saying what desean pointed out was good.

More to my point. If I posted some of these quotes without crediting Hitler and you didnít know the origin behind them, who would even bat an eye?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/quotes....f-hitler-8.php

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    More to my point. If I posted some of these quotes without crediting Hitler and you didnít know the origin behind them, who would even bat an eye?

whatever you post isn't getting mass scrutiny like an NFLer does...I guarantee someone catches it then
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    whatever you post isn't getting mass scrutiny like an NFLer does...I guarantee someone catches it then
    Sure, I get that, but do you understand what Iím getting at?

Sure, I get that, but do you understand what Iím getting at?
    that you could be a closet Nazi without us necessarily catching it?
    no I understand to a point, but even a college kid knows the scrutiny ANYthing he says and posts may get...cripes there's guys who've felt forced to apologize for things they said in HS years after they said it....just another part of the generational change, people who grew up prior to, say, 2006ish don't have much concern about someone dredging up a controversial post...but they also didn't grow up knowing they might need to.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that you could be a closet Nazi without us necessarily catching it?
    no I understand to a point, but even a college kid knows the scrutiny ANYthing he says and posts may get...cripes there's guys who've felt forced to apologize for things they said in HS years after they said it....just another part of the generational change, people who grew up prior to, say, 2006ish don't have much concern about someone dredging up a controversial post...but they also didn't grow up knowing they might need to.
    You caught me.

Well I mean I guarantee someone checks those quotes after you post it.

Think of all the celebrities and athletes that get crap from 10+ years ago brought back. You post something from Hitler, even changing up the words a bit, and youíre famous enough, I would bet my current and forever potential earnings up that youíd be eventually be called out on it.

All youíre doing by not crediting him is delaying the inevitable.

Long story short, donít ****ing quote/talk about hitler in a positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Well I mean I guarantee someone checks those quotes after you post it.

Think of all the celebrities and athletes that get crap from 10+ years ago brought back. You post something from Hitler, even changing up the words a bit, and youíre famous enough, I would bet my current and forever potential earnings up that youíd be eventually be called out on it.

All youíre doing by not crediting him is delaying the inevitable.

Long story short, donít ****ing quote/talk about hitler in a positive light.

Take this one for example:
    Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.

If I had seen that on a shirt or poster or something of that nature without credit given to Hitler, I would probably buy it or use it as something inspirational. This is what I mean by uneducated/ignorant. I wouldn't go out and see where it came from or pay it much mind. It seems like a god natured quote on the surface. Hell, I would probably throw it on the back of one of our team warm-ups without hesitation. Again, I think intent matters.

Should you willingly quote Hitler, probably not a good idea. Should one be chastised for not knowing, probably not.

Also, while those Hitler quotes BDawk posted can be seen as very motivating and thought provoking, itís obviously the intent the person saying them had.

The Pope saying ďI believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the AlmightyĒ is a hell of a lot different than when Hitler said it.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

If I had seen that on a shirt or poster or something of that nature without credit given to Hitler, I would probably buy it or use it as something inspirational. This is what I mean by uneducated/ignorant. I wouldn't go out and see where it came from or pay it much mind. It seems like a god natured quote on the surface. Hell, I would probably throw it on the back of one of our team warm-ups without hesitation. Again, I think intent matters.

Should you willingly quote Hitler, probably not a good idea. Should one be chastised for not knowing, probably not.
    I answered below yours already but intent absolutely matters which is the entire point.

Hitler was evil and Desean knew exactly who the quote was from or at least based around. I donít care if it is a lovely quote, itís said or inspired by Hitler. No.

I answered below yours already but intent absolutely matters which is the entire point.

Hitler was evil and Desean knew exactly who the quote was from or at least based around. I donít care if it is a lovely quote, itís said or inspired by Hitler. No.

Gotcha. I see your point there.

Again, it's more likely a terrible decision than Desean being a closet Jew hater, but your point still stands.

Gotcha. I see your point there.

Again, it's more likely a terrible decision than Desean being a closet Jew hater, but your point still stands.
    certainly, nobody (guess I'd need to qualify as nearly nobody) likely believes he hates Jewish people...but his decision to post what he did still shows an unappetizing racial bias...not unlike some viewing themselves to not be racist while still holding onto some prejudices, even if subconsciously

Iím 42 and Iím extremely uneducated in the subject. Your point?
    That Jackson should have been exposed to the evils of Hitler and Nazism in a high school history class, assuming he attended (no gimme). Maybe after visiting the Holocaust Museum he can stop off at a local hospital to learn where babies come from.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    That Jackson should have been exposed to the evils of Hitler and Nazism in a high school history class, assuming he attended (no gimme). Maybe after visiting the Holocaust Museum he can stop off at a local hospital to learn where babies come from.
    Did the storks stop bringing them?

Thereís a huge difference between that quote and the one Jackson used. Whether knowing where it came from or not is irrelevant.

The words (and intent) used are significantly different. Your quote while conning off as arrogant isnít inciting hate.

Jacksons quote is.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast