Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 358
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,687
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sounds like the eagles are investigating ways to void his contract.
    As they should. If you willingly post quotes from Hitler (Although I've seen one report saying it's not actually a quote from Hitler), you shouldn't be given a platform to further spread your beliefs.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,841
    Damn, that's embarrassing. What kind of trash is DJax reading?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,091
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Damn, that's embarrassing. What kind of trash is DJax reading?
    not Hitler, 'cause that wasn't really a Hitler quote
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Dumb post(Deseans not this one). More misguided than anti-semitic, some have been punished for less others havent been punished for more so who knows. Theres a very specific type of people more outraged at this right now though who havent expressed much outrage at other current events if you find that at all hypocritical
    I agree that DeSeanís post seems more ignorant than racist. Ignorance is no excuse. Also I donít think quoting Hitler on anything is ever a good idea.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,841
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    not Hitler, 'cause that wasn't really a Hitler quote
    Yeah, but just the page he posted goes on about the Illuminati, starting World War 3, and literally "Hitler was right".

    Apparently it's a book called "Jerusalem" by Dennine Barnett, probably a pseudonym, and printed by a vanity publisher.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,841
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sounds like the eagles are investigating ways to void his contract.
    Makes sense because they spent the entire offseason replacing him.

    But the organization already set the precedent with Riley Cooper that casual racism is fine.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,354
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Definitely a lot of racist who only want to use this as an excuse for their racism rather than actually caring about the hatred and prejudice DJax spews.

    I just donít ever get around to caring that theyíre hypocritical because Iím too busy hating them for being racist. Just like Iím hating on DJax for spewing anti-semitism. I donít see why people canít be mad at a black person being anti-Semite and a white person being racist. Iím donít see how those are contradictory.
    Agreed.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I agree that DeSeanís post seems more ignorant than racist. Ignorance is no excuse. Also I donít think quoting Hitler on anything is ever a good idea.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He didn't quote Hitler.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,302
    It would be an awful look for the Eagles to stand by Riley Cooper despite his blatant racist remark and cut Desean over his lack of awareness.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,201
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Makes sense because they spent the entire offseason replacing him.

    But the organization already set the precedent with Riley Cooper that casual racism is fine.
    Yeah, the Eagles (and the NFL as a whole) have kind of backed themselves into a corner. Theyíve buried their head in the sand and/or prioritized profits over people before.

    It SEEMS like with the current movement the NFL and a lot of other organizations are moving away from that. But now the first chance for them to really back their words on that comes with a black man saying anti-Semitic things. So if they really turn a new leaf and start taking hateful words seriously, itís going to be miscast as them just continuing to target and oppress their black employees. So itís a PR nightmare for them to punish him or hold him accountable in some way.

    Then again, the error of their ways in the past has been to try and smooth things over PR wise to avoid a hit in profits as opposed to really siding with the side of right over wrong and taking hateful things seriously. So by NOT taking this seriously theyíre just continuing morally with what theyíve always done.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,510
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It would be an awful look for the Eagles to stand by Riley Cooper despite his blatant racist remark and cut Desean over his lack of awareness.
    2013 vs 2020

    Whole different ballgame these days, but that doesn't excuse the decision then.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,864
    Welcome back to Philly DJax .. lol .. I guess we know who heís voting for . They will love him in philly for this 🤣🤣🇺🇸🇺🇸

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,433
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It would be an awful look for the Eagles to stand by Riley Cooper despite his blatant racist remark and cut Desean over his lack of awareness.
    Not really. It would show growth in the organization.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Definitely a lot of racist who only want to use this as an excuse for their racism rather than actually caring about the hatred and prejudice DJax spews.

    I just donít ever get around to caring that theyíre hypocritical because Iím too busy hating them for being racist. Just like Iím hating on DJax for spewing anti-semitism. I donít see why people canít be mad at a black person being anti-Semite and a white person being racist. Iím donít see how those are contradictory.
    I absolutely agree, people have the right to be angry and offended at both but i think the loudest voices right now are just angry at this one. It was stupid, anti-semitic (i believe unintentionally but that doesnt make it any better/excuse it), and deserves some form of punishment. The problem as was pointed out in another post is the NFLs current stance on hate speech and how they backed themselves into a corner and how theyve been majorly inconsistent in past disciplines so no punishment is likely to satisfy a majority no matter what.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I agree. It's sad that this world has to politicize everything instead of just focusing on hate no matter who it's directed towards.
    Yep. Everything's red vs blue now so calling out something obviously wrong becomes a political stance rather than moral.

    I said this over in the eagles forum and ill repeat here. Anti-semitism isnt discussed much in america, let alone black communities, so i can see this coming from a place of true ignorance rather than actual hate, and i dont think cancelling is the proper response. This should be a teaching opportunity and possibly even allow a larger dialogue to take place.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •