Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Vladdy just loaded the bases with that error.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Vladdy just loaded the bases with that error.
    Don't care, so many variables at play - new park, new position, ****** bounce, fast runner...etc. He's been really good there otherwise. Physical errors I can handle, mental ones not so much; like Shaw having no business trying to take second and Jansen throwing to 2nd with a runner at 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    If Vlad has better hitters around him he'll get better. Pitchers are pitching him tough. Give it another season or two.
    EE, JD and Castellanos were all available. Castellanos especially would have looked really good in this lineup and a very reasonable price.

Grichuk is 5/52
    Casti 4/64

Go figure. Grichuk is making more

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Don't care, so many variables at play - new park, new position, ****** bounce, fast runner...etc. He's been really good there otherwise. Physical errors I can handle, mental ones not so much; like Shaw having no business trying to take second and Jansen throwing to 2nd with a runner at 3rd.
    There's been 2 games this year where he's made an error at 1B which led to the game being busted wide open. The other game was against the Nats much later in the game.

Vladdy needs to focus on his hitting now. That's what he's supposed to be good at. I could care less if his fielding takes time to develop. The kid looks awful at the plate and shouldn't even have to worry about learning a new position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    The only thing I'm trying to point out about Martin is that he's not a surefire major league.
    Of course he's not, no prospect is but he would have been a sure fire New Hampshire Fisher Cat and that's the discussion. Also, Martin may not be a sure fire hall of famer but he was arguably the best all around player in a stacked draft.

Hopefully that can get Vladdy going.

Come on boys...complete the comeback...

Have a ****ing game Bo Bichette. Love this kid.

Wow 5-5

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    How worried should we be about Vladdy?
    Zero. He hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt. He's 21. The Blue Jays are in the midst of arguably the most difficult season a team has ever had given all of their circumstances. 2nd season teams adjust to you. He just needs some time to readjust and get it going. We're also only 2 weeks in, SSS.

Alford better not be a factor in this because that was a stupid move

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Of course he's not, no prospect is but he would have been a sure fire New Hampshire Fisher Cat and that's the discussion. Also, Martin may not be a sure fire hall of famer but he was arguably the best all around player in a stacked draft.
    I think where we're going to disagree is I think the farm should be much more stacked above Dunedin with all the asset collection and this front offices MO, especially compared to other teams. If I'm not mistaken you're fine with the farm and think they are where they should be because of the recent callups.

I think we'll just call it at that and move on and see how this plays out in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    EE, JD and Castellanos were all available. Castellanos especially would have looked really good in this lineup and a very reasonable price.

Grichuk is 5/52
    Casti 4/64

Go figure. Grichuk is making more
    Yeah I think a lot of folks are scratching their head with Grichuk. That being said you can kind of see what the FO was trying to do this offseason. With no other prospect besides Pearson in the Minors ready to make the jump to The Show, pickup reliable SP to eat innings and see what the kids can do with the bats.

What I don't like about this is that Grichuk is the veteran and I really wouldn't want him being "the example" that the younger guys look up to.

Some of you are a bit greedy I think when it comes to the current farm. This team has been built from within over the past 15 months or so. Look what they have recently taken from it:

Vladdy- inherited IFA
    Tellez- inherited draft pick
    Borucki- inherited draft pick
    Jansen- inherited draft pick
    Romano- inherited draft pick
    Alford- inherited draft pick

Bo- 2nd round pick in 2016
    Pearson- supplemental pick in 2017 for losing EE
    Biggio- 5th round pick in 2016
    Thornton- Diaz trade
    McGuire- Liriano trade
    Kay- Stroman trade
    Hatch- Phelps trade

The bulk of the hitting core came last year, and now the arms are starting to pour in this year with Pearson, Kay, Hatch and Romano all showing off some pretty darn good "stuff". (..as well as Borucki who is looking better than ever as well.)

They are is such a great place moving into this next off season the way guys like Kay, Hatch and Borucki have looked. They could let Anderson and Shoemaker walk and not miss a beat on the mound, and then take that 13M and poor it into a CF or some more back end bullpen arms. Once they do that there isn't going to be many places for prospects to play unless they are elite.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Some of you are a bit greedy I think when it comes to the current farm. This team has been built from within over the past 15 months or so. Look what they have recently taken from it:

Vladdy- inherited IFA
    Tellez- inherited draft pick
    Borucki- inherited draft pick
    Jansen- inherited draft pick
    Romano- inherited draft pick
    Alford- inherited draft pick

Bo- 2nd round pick in 2016
    Pearson- supplemental pick in 2017 for losing EE
    Biggio- 5th round pick in 2016
    Thornton- Diaz trade
    McGuire- Liriano trade
    Kay- Stroman trade
    Hatch- Phelps trade

The bulk of the hitting core came last year, and now the arms are starting to pour in this year with Pearson, Kay, Hatch and Romano all showing off some pretty darn good "stuff". (..as well as Borucki who is looking better than ever as well.)

They are is such a great place moving into this next off season the way guys like Kay, Hatch and Borucki have looked. They could let Anderson and Shoemaker walk and not miss a beat on the mound, and then take that 13M and poor it into a CF or some more back end bullpen arms. Once they do that there isn't going to be many places for prospects to play unless they are elite.
    Outside of Bo, are there any guys who are guaranteed not to fail?

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast