Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Blue Jays Regular Season/Game Thread

Morton vs Ryu

My guess at the opening day lineup. No clue what's planned for the OF. Anyone remember the formations during spring training? seems like so long ago

SS Bo
    2B Biggio
    3B Vladdy
    LF LGJ
    1B Shaw
    CF Grichuk
    DH/RF Teoscar
    RF/DH Fisher
    C Jansen

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Morton vs Ryu

My guess at the opening day lineup. No clue what's planned for the OF. Anyone remember the formations during spring training? seems like so long ago

SS Bo
    2B Biggio
    3B Vladdy
    LF LGJ
    1B Shaw
    CF Grichuk
    DH/RF Teoscar
    RF/DH Fisher
    C Jansen
    Bench players would be Panik, McGuire, Tellez, Alford, McKinney, Joseph then I guess? I forget how many guys they get for the bench.

I think you are right on Teoscar and Fisher being RF/DH. Sometimes one might relieve Gurriel or Grichuk for a game and Tellez will get some 1B/DH reps too I'm sure. There will be a lot of moving parts at those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Bench players would be Panik, McGuire, Tellez, Alford, McKinney, Joseph then I guess? I forget how many guys they get for the bench.

I think you are right on Teoscar and Fisher being RF/DH. Sometimes one might relieve Gurriel or Grichuk for a game and Tellez will get some 1B/DH reps too I'm sure. There will be a lot of moving parts at those positions.
    for sure

Was just reading up on the roster limits for 2020

Teams will be allowed 30 players and that goes down to 28 and then 26 for the remainder of the season. a 3 man taxi squad will be permitted for road trips, one of those players must be a catcher so yes Joseph will probably see some playing time.

So 30 players to start the season
    2 weeks in they need to get to 28
    then 1 month in it gets reduced further to 26

I'm going to try and come up with the 30 man roster

Just heard on the radio that the Jays have been granted permission from the government to play home games in Toronto this season. Apparently despite this a final decision as to where they will play has not yet been made by the team/MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Just heard on the radio that the Jays have been granted permission from the government to play home games in Toronto this season. Apparently despite this a final decision as to where they will play has not yet been made by the team/MLB
    Well this didn't age well. Apparently they got local and provincial government permission but now the Federal government has vetoed playing in Toronto.

Guess it still remains up in the air as to where the Jays will play their "Home" games

Ottawa rejects plan to let Blue Jays play in Toronto during COVID-19 pandemic

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...sion-1.5654846

The federal government has said it's not OK for the Blue Jays to play ball in Toronto during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ottawa informed the team of the decision on Saturday, citing concerns over the public health risks associated with Major League Baseball's plan for a 60-game season.

"Based on the best available public health advice, we have concluded the cross-border travel required for MLB regular season play would not adequately protect Canadians' health and safety," Marco Mendicino, minister of immigration, refugees and citizenship, said in a statement. "As a result, Canada will not be issuing a National Interest Exemption for the MLB's regular season at this time."

What I don't get is they let them come here in the first place when we have strict rules on travel into this country.

What I don't get is they let them come here in the first place when we have strict rules on travel into this country.
    Because they've been quarantined here, that was part of the deal to allow the Jays to use the Dome + Hotel for their mini season training.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Because they've been quarantined here, that was part of the deal to allow the Jays to use the Dome + Hotel for their mini season training.
    I know but the same rules would apply during the regular season and that was denied. So they allowed them to come into Canada and quarantine for 2 weeks playing intersquad games but won't allow the same iteration of travel during the regular season. They are not being consistent

...someone dropped the ball and don't forget Grichuk and Shaw were not informed of the 2 week quarantine, or maybe they were ill-informed.

oh well, Buffalo?

Confirmed. Morton will start against us in next weeks opener

I know but the same rules would apply during the regular season and that was denied. So they allowed them to come into Canada and quarantine for 2 weeks playing intersquad games but won't allow the same iteration of travel during the regular season. They are not being consistent
    Youíre talking about Jays players in and out for every road trip plus a new team coming to town every three days while at home. Thatís like 50-60 in and out per team every three days. In the most infected spot in Canada. I think itís the right choice and I want baseball as bad as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Youíre talking about Jays players in and out for every road trip plus a new team coming to town every three days while at home. Thatís like 50-60 in and out per team every three days. In the most infected spot in Canada. I think itís the right choice and I want baseball as bad as everyone else.
    I took it one step further.....they shouldn't have been allowed to play ST here.

Who is they?

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast