Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If only you knew what I went through over the past 3 years on this forum. We're going to get along great.
    You poor thing, here's a bottle of JD and we can discuss how AA traded Halladay for nothing, but made up for it by trading away Wells' contract and got Napoli (and Rivera) for it then traded him to Texas for nothing (named Frank Francisco) where he'd hit 25+hrs per year, then be shipped to Bos helping them win the WS.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I dont remember you posting much, but I'm glad you decided to come back
    Shhhh. I'm a Sleeper Draft Pick (ironically PSD assigned that to me back in the day) which means I post for awhile, embolden people like Reed to post logic, then abandon him for 3 years as revisionist fans drive him insane.

Hmmm. My time might be up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    You poor thing, here's a bottle of JD and we can discuss how AA traded Halladay for nothing, but made up for it by trading away Wells' contract and got Napoli (and Rivera) for it then traded him to Texas for nothing (named Frank Francisco) where he'd hit 25+hrs per year, then be shipped to Bos helping them win the WS.

Cheers.
    I wonder how long it takes for them to bite...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Shhhh. I'm a Sleeper Draft Pick (ironically PSD assigned that to me back in the day) which means I post for awhile, embolden people like Reed to post logic, then abandon him for 3 years as revisionist fans drive him insane.

Hmmm. My time might be up now.
    Buddy, I’ve been on board the Atkins train since mid season 2016. There’s no need to go insane anymore though as everything I had covered is now coming to fruition. Now we just need Fatty Guerrero Jr to actually come through.

Oh Crap, the Jays under Atkins' prospects are now a .500 ball club past a third of a season and holding unto a WC spot!

Now if we are looking at stats, the Jays are third in the AL in RA but 13th in the AL in RS this season... wonder if we are allowed to blame Vladdy with his 3 HRs and 6 RBIs up to date yet?

I kinda still want the higher draft pick along with the higher pool money to spend...

No they pay out the contract based on what he was to earn that year, he wouldn't get a lump sum, ex the year he signed with the Yankees for the major league minimum, the Jays saved 500kish be cause he was being paid. According the MLB CBA you can't earn extra if released and you sign with another team, but your contract must be paid in full. Just wasn't sure if this or next year was the last year he was on our books.

Also because he was cut, he is being paid the full 25 million from the Jays and not the prorated amount all other players receive for playing this year.
    Correction, I just looked it up and due to covid Tulo is still on the books next year for $4 million. Still will be an annual saving for 16-21 million over the past few years.

His savings will be able to cover all our arb and pre arb players with some money left over to use. Plenty more if we decline Andersen's option and let Giles go...

Personally I'd like them to resign Giles to an incentive based contract that can go up to 15 mil on performances and games pitched and saves with a base of 6 million, he probably wont do that with his injury history. I always fear he's one pitch away for TJ surgery.

I'd like to see them sign Brantly or Joc Pedersen (2 year contracts) for a lefty bat and one or 2 of Bauer, Odorizzi, DeScalfani (2-3 year deals) depending if we keep Andersen and the term and cost of their contracts. Bauer has stated he only wants to sign one year deals going forward which is very appealing to me.

Realmuto is also a nice luxury for me on a 2-3 year deal, but he won't do that.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 08-20-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Oh Crap, the Jays under Atkins' prospects are now a .500 ball club past a third of a season and holding unto a WC spot!

Now if we are looking at stats, the Jays are third in the AL in RA but 13th in the AL in RS this season... wonder if we are allowed to blame Vladdy with his 3 HRs and 6 RBIs up to date yet?

I kinda still want the higher draft pick along with the higher pool money to spend...
    The really good thing about Vlad's numbers is that even while he is struggling badly, his OPS is still over .700. He really needs to get his butt in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The really good thing about Vlad's numbers is that even while he is struggling badly, his OPS is still over .700. He really needs to get his butt in shape.
    Not currently, it's at .685 with an OPS+ of 86 and a -0.3 WAR. The worst part is he could be a player who has an OPS of .920 each season easily.

What's worse is he averaged just over a BB/K in the minors and now averages 1BB/2Ks. His pitch recognition is really worrisome along with the kind of contact he's making. I'd argue just having him DH the rest of the season so he can just focus on his hitting and confidence while making him run a treadmill during fielding innings.

Because the response is so obvious?

Naw we’ll let you enjoy your circle jerk.

Btw, this forum would be dead without us. Can only circle jerk for so long.

So you've assumed leadership of the Tzatziki Brigade?

Great name by the way Kenny.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Tellez was a monster today.

You guys have been circle jerking over the Greek for quite some time though

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Tellez was a monster today.
    Yes. You know a batter is on when he's fouling off good pitches. His home run yesterday was the 2nd hardest hit ball in the majors to date (Stanton is #1). Needs to improve his OBP

Not sure what you are referencing about 2016 in stats and Trout and Vlad, at this point one has hit their potential and surpassed it the other is not meeting theirs and way under preforming. Second year Trout at 20 years old hit .326/.399/.564 ops of 963/OPS+ of 168. I hope Vlad can do that next year and improve each year there after as Trout did.

Stats https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...tandings.shtml

A) The Angels in O finished 9th and 19th in the MLB with 4.4. RS/Game in 2016 in the AL.
    B) Trout scored 123 times with 100 RBIs. C) their pitching was 5th worst in the AL and according to stats should have finished 80-82 instead of 74-88 which implies they lost a lot of close games.
    C) Trout still won the MVP with his team finishing 4th in the West.
    D)Trout plays in a pitchers ballpark yet their pitching stunk (and plays 9-10 in Oak's and Sea's pitcher friendly parks) Vlad plays in offense neutral to hitter friendly parks in the AL East.
    E) their SPs were Weaver, Shoemaker, Santiago. Chacin, Nolasco, I'm much happier with Ryu, Pearson, Roark, Andersen and about 4 other #5s we have

Vlad career wise aves 2 Ks per 1 BB and is hitting .266.
    Alas, I'd not be concerned if he were hitting like either Grich or Teo this year with OPS+ of 143, 148 to 91.
    The point I'm trying to make is the offense shouldn't depend on one player. If the Jays lose Vlad to injury and the rest of the team cannot pickup the slack what happens? Does the same thing happen to the Yankees when they lose Judge? If this offense is so dependent on one player the FO needs to do a better job at bringing in offensive depth to hedge the eventual injury to a star player. I don't know why you're bringing up the Angel's pitching when we're discussing offense btw.

Vlad's career BB/K ratio is fine. Look at EE and Bautista before they brokeout. They were around the same area. Look at Grich and Teo their BB/K are far worse and sit in the bottom of the league for the past couple of seasons for starting position players.

I'm not sure how long you've been looking at this forum but this point, especially with Grich, was argued to death that even supporters of Grich are leaning towards not him being a starter. Long story short the sample size on Grich for this year vs. his career is short.

In a short season I wouldn't be surprised to see Grich and Teo end up over 100+ OPS. We haven't seen them preform like this for the marathon of a full season and I don't believe it's going to change based on their pitch recognition.

Current 1-2 Years Away:
    Pitchers: SWR, Manoah, Paradino, Kloff,
    Hitters: Martin, Groshans, Kirk, Moreno, Hiraldo

For Fun lets look at AA's draft record...

2010 First Round-Deck McGuire, Aaron Sanchez, Noah Syndergaard, Asher Wojciechowski
    Second Round-Griffin Murphy, Kellen Sweeney, Justin Nicolino
    Third Round-Chris Hawkins, Marcus Knecht
    Other Picks-Sam Dyson(4), Sean Nolin(6), Dalton Pompey(16), and Kris Bryant(18 Did Not Sign)

First Round-Tyler Beede(Did Not Sign), Jacob Anderson, Joe Musgrove, Dwight Smith Jr, Kevin Comer
    Second Round-Daniel Norris, Jeremy Gabryszwski
    Third Round-John Stilson
    Other-Anthony DeSclafani(6), Luke Weaver(19 Did Not Sign), Aaron Nola(22 Did Not Sign), Kevin Pillar(32)

First Round-DJ Davis, Marcus Stroman, Matt Smoral, Mitch Nay, Tyler Gonzales
    Second Round-Chase De Jong
    Third Round-Anthony Alford
    Other-Ryan Borucki(15), Jon Harris(33 Did Not Sign)

2013 First Round-Phil Bickford(Did Not Sign)
    Second Round-Clinton Hollon
    Third Round-Patrick Murphy
    Other-Matt Boyd(6), Conner Greene(7), Kendall Graveman(8), Chad Girodo(9), Danny Jansen(16), Eric Lauer(17 Did Not Sign), Rowdy Tellez(30), Dane Dunning(34 Did Not Sign)

2014 First Round-Jeff Hoffman, Max Pentecost
    Second Round-Sean Reid-Foley
    Third Round-Nick Wells
    Other-Jordan Romano(10), Tanner Houck(12 Did Not Sign), Drew Lugbauer(21 Did Not Sign)

2015 First Round-Jon Harris
    Second Round-Brady Singer(Did Not Sign)
    Third Round-Justin Maese
    Other-Connor Panas(9)

Outside of 2010 (especially had he signed Bryant) how many wasted or unsigned first rounder did AA have? He even had a better Draft System than Atkins, where he could trade for mid level players in the off season and get draft picks when they signed later (and he did that well). BTW 2010 were still JP's scouts, might say something too.

I really hate the narrative where anything AA did was amazing. Be it drafting, trades, signings (because we made the post season under him) to put down our current GM who has actually done amazing in terms or drafting and signing those picks, while having to offload aging players and their contracts left behind. AA actually sucked at drafting and player development outside of 2010 the only draft pick he signed that was an all-star was Stroman.
    No one is bringing up AA. Look at my past posts. /caseclosed

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast