2B Biggio
    1B Vladdy
    3B Shaw
    CF Grichuk
    DH Tellez
    RF Hernandez
    LF Fisher
    C Jansen

No Gurriel. Wonder if he's one of the players who tested positive? I imagine when Gurriel is in the lineup he'll be 4th or 5th.
    A bunch of streaky hitters at the back end of the lineup. I'm really hoping one of those outfielders shows some much needed consistency this year. If those guys hit like they are capable, it will be an exciting lineup to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    A bunch of streaky hitters at the back end of the lineup. I'm really hoping one of those outfielders shows some much needed consistency this year. If those guys hit like they are capable, it will be an exciting lineup to watch.
    I'm perfectly fine putting Teoscar in the bottom 3rd of the lineup with his home run or nothing swing and occasional hot streak. Hopefully the competition for both catchers and outfielders lights a fire under all of them. I guess the bottom 3rd will be positional battles each night and the more I think of that the more I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    IMO I'd rather have Tellez ahead of Grichuk.
    Yes

Biggio having a huge game.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yes
    We've got lefties 2, 4, 6, 8, great balance. Jays haven't had that in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    We've got lefties 2, 4, 6, 8, great balance. Jays haven't had that in a long time.
    Didn't realize that. Good point. It was also good to see everybody chip in on offence tonight.

Bo & Biggio went 3 for 10 with 3 RBI and 3 R.

Having these 2 at the top of the lineup is going to be incredible for years to come. I feel results like this will be more than normal and much better at times.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Bo & Biggio went 3 for 10 with 3 RBI and 3 R.

Having these 2 at the top of the lineup is going to be incredible for years to come. I feel results like this will be more than normal and much better at times.
    Add in Austin Martin and when Vlad really takes that next step and I mean that 1-4 is disgustingly good. I'm really hoping Rowdy has a big year and establishes himself as protection behind Vlad. I still believe in Danny's bat too. I think he's a 6-7 hitter.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Add in Austin Martin and when Vlad really takes that next step and I mean that 1-4 is disgustingly good. I'm really hoping Rowdy has a big year and establishes himself as protection behind Vlad. I still believe in Danny's bat too. I think he's a 6-7 hitter.
    If Martin plays to his potential our 1-4 could be one of the mot fearful offences in the league for years to come. I've said it many times before that Bo and Biggio will both be plating 100 runs a year as the 1 and 2. Vladdy might get 160RBI.

I can't find the highlight of Biggio sliding into 1st. Was it a drag bunt or?

I can't find the highlight of Biggio sliding into 1st. Was it a drag bunt or?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvA9IvDchFU

Around the 6:35 mark

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Thanks. It was a drag bunt. Him and Bo can handle the bat and are really good on the bases, nice to have that at the top of the order.

Yamaguchi should have been used today in the same manner as Montoyo started Espinal trying to get everyone in early. Especially since he was a key FA signing

Yamaguchi should have been used today in the same manner as Montoyo started Espinal trying to get everyone in early. Especially since he was a key FA signing
    Key free agent? The Gooch is a middle relief pitcher and makes like 2 or 3 million per season. They don't need to force feed him innings.

Other than him being a righty, there's no reason Alford should be starting.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast