Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I took it one step further.....they shouldn't have been allowed to play ST here.
    I get ya.

I know but the same rules would apply during the regular season and that was denied. So they allowed them to come into Canada and quarantine for 2 weeks playing intersquad games but won't allow the same iteration of travel during the regular season. They are not being consistent
    Totally different scenarios. It isn't even remotely the same logistically or from any public health standard. I'm worried that you actually, genuinely feel there is some inconsistency here.

How can a visiting team come into this country and quarantine for two weeks before the teams play when the schedule dictates games everyday?

Canadian government unequivocally made the right decision here.

So Buffalo... doesn't have adequate lighting, so if we play there, it will have to be all day games (yay!). Sounds like Charlotte is a possibility, Dunedin and sharing a stadium with the Rays.

I loved how they said the lighting in Buffalo is fine for Triple A but not for MLB, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Who is they?
    feds

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Totally different scenarios. It isn't even remotely the same logistically or from any public health standard. I'm worried that you actually, genuinely feel there is some inconsistency here.

How can a visiting team come into this country and quarantine for two weeks before the teams play when the schedule dictates games everyday?

Canadian government unequivocally made the right decision here.
    I agree. My post wasn't clear.

No ST and no MLB games here period.

I see. My misunderstanding

I don't think you're wrong. But at least the risk for one club coming in and quarantining for 14 days is much lower than bringing in 9 other clubs with no quarantine period.

Jays Forum Fantasy Baseball

Hi all,

I have posted about this here in the past with no response but I figured I would try one more time since there seems to be a decent amount of activity in the forum right now.

I am the commissioner for the PSD Jays Forum Fantasy Baseball League. It is a keeper league for this sub that has been running since 2013.

We have 1 or 2 spots available in the league for anyone looking to join. The draft is scheduled for Monday the 20th at 930pm Eastern but even if you see this after the draft you can still take over one of the vacant teams if it hasn't been claimed yet.

Send me a DM if you are interested and I can give you more details.

I've posted this in a couple threads purely for visibility. My apologies in advance for the duplicate posts.

Not much can't go to games this summer. I am a die hard Jay's fan. Going to be different. Hope it doesn't spill over to spring training! Spring training is a part of my life

This is so weird and conflicting. I'm personally thrilled to see live sports again. And thrilled the government said no to the Jays playing in TO. I mean, play, let me watch, but don't subject me to the PH protocols that prevent you from playing here. Other cities (Baltimore/Pittsburgh) are saying "pay us to play here." I'm thankful for preventing of our community risk, but also a hypocrite for not wanting it here? Take the sacrifice of risk, but not at my expense!

I'm a manager at a community health care institution that badly misses sports. I feel for the Jays through all this. It sucks.

I have zero passion for any sports restarting or starting with a shortened season this year. Iím over them. They all just feel like a drawn out tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I have zero passion for any sports restarting or starting with a shortened season this year. Iím over them. They all just feel like a drawn out tournament.
    They should have called the season but there's way too much money at stake for them to do that. for sure they will lose some fans - no fault of their own - just like other hard hit industries. eg restaurants

I have no compassion for the players crying about the bubble. I think itís good that the leagues are finding a way to make it happen. Iím looking forward to the different formats. Iíd love to watch a tournament right about now.

MLB is bound to be the worst of the bunch. They could kill a player.

They should have called the season but there's way too much money at stake for them to do that. for sure they will lose some fans - no fault of their own - just like other hard hit industries. eg restaurants
    The money doesn't matter all that much to the players as the MLBPA voted no against resuming play but Manfred basically told them to **** themselves. That alone could make negotiations on the new CBA reaaaaally bad. Manfred is in Goodell territory when it comes to awful commissioners. I'll give him props for the 2nd WC because that idea was great it's just that everything after that has been awful.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 07-22-2020 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I am going to bet on Jay's to win it all, but not much, $50. Bet another $50 on Dodgers to win their division. Betts with Bellinger I have them as 2nd and 3rd best players in game. But don't like their pitching in playoffs. Kershaw is not playoff pitcher, Price is sitting out and they lost their best starter from last year. Putting $50 on Ray's to win WS instead. Glasgow, Snell, Morton front 3 usually means more in playoffd. Looked few days ago, they were +350.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast