Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 668
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,342
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I've heard that there's lots of players across several teams that are just living life. Bars, clubs, restaurants, beaches, etc. Just like the stuff you see on CNN. So to me, they are either ****ing morons, or the clubs have done a piss poor job of explaining what their responsibilities are this season.

    Now I also heard that when Bruno broke the bubble it was because there was a language barrier and nobody actually went through the rules in Portuguese for him. Is it possible that these cheap ****ing clubs didn't put the memo out in every language?
    Dude, most of them are 20 something year old millionaires who are used to doing whatever they want. If you don't tell them EXACTLY what to do they'll just pull the "iunno" card.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,063
    Hope Ryu starts on Tuesday

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,342
    If there's constant disruption in scheduling it's going to be hard for the starting pitchers to get into a routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If there's constant disruption in scheduling it's going to be hard for the starting pitchers to get into a routine.
    Do we play today?

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Do we play today?
    No, today is a scheduled day off.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,163
    We've had a tough schedule. Braves won 97 games last year, Tampa 96 and Washington 93. We get some games against the Mets, Orioles and Boston get us back to .500.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,063
    At the moment Hatch, Borucki are the top options coming out of the pen

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,342
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    At the moment Hatch, Borucki are the top options coming out of the pen
    Borucki looks really good out of the pen. Like really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,065
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Borucki looks really good out of the pen. Like really good.
    So does Hatch. He was throwing 95-97 with an 87-90 mph slider. He also apparently has a pretty good change up that was the reason for his improvement in AA last year according to Buck. Montoyo describes his stuff as "quietly electric", and its only " quiet" because he's so calm on the mound with such a beautiful smooth delivery. Like Borucki, I think he will eventually be in their rotation. If not, he will be a great back end reliever.


    How good is that David Phelps trade looking right now?

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,342
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    So does Hatch. He was throwing 95-97 with an 87-90 mph slider. He also apparently has a pretty good change up that was the reason for his improvement in AA last year according to Buck. Montoyo describes his stuff as "quietly electric", and its only " quiet" because he's so calm on the mound with such a beautiful smooth delivery. Like Borucki, I think he will eventually be in their rotation. If not, he will be a great back end reliever.


    How good is that David Phelps trade looking right now?
    Pretty awesome but then again, most of Atkins trades are.

    Didn't know the change up is what helped Hatch jump. I could've sworn I read in the off-season that Borucki ditched his slider in exchange for a cut fastball though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    We've had a tough schedule. Braves won 97 games last year, Tampa 96 and Washington 93. We get some games against the Mets, Orioles and Boston get us back to .500.
    Have to beat the best to be the best. This team isnít ready so imo every loss is a win. Hopefully we can luck into another Martin.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Pretty awesome but then again, most of Atkins trades are.

    Didn't know the change up is what helped Hatch jump. I could've sworn I read in the off-season that Borucki ditched his slider in exchange for a cut fastball though.
    Atkins hasn't even traded for a player that that is a replacement level player WAR wise for more than 1 season. Grichuk (a whopping 2.3 WAR the year acquired) and Ken Giles (2.5 WAR in 1 season) are his best trades and that is so sad as far a WAR goes. When Atkins shows me a player that he traded for PRODUCES at the MLB level we'll talk.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,342
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Atkins hasn't even traded for a player that that is a replacement level player WAR wise for more than 1 season. Grichuk (a whopping 2.3 WAR the year acquired) and Ken Giles (2.5 WAR in 1 season) are his best trades and that is so sad as far a WAR goes. When Atkins shows me a player that he traded for PRODUCES at the MLB level we'll talk.
    Good to see you're back FL. I thought we had lost you after Atkins had a unanimous top 10 farm going into this season. Also good to see you expected Atkins to turn hot garbage into premium returns. Why don't you highlight some of the players that he had to trade away? I'll start with Josh Donaldson so please feel free to continue...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,130
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Have to beat the best to be the best. This team isnít ready so imo every loss is a win. Hopefully we can luck into another Martin.
    Or, hopefully, we can luck into another Vlad in IFA

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,130
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Atkins hasn't even traded for a player that that is a replacement level player WAR wise for more than 1 season. Grichuk (a whopping 2.3 WAR the year acquired) and Ken Giles (2.5 WAR in 1 season) are his best trades and that is so sad as far a WAR goes. When Atkins shows me a player that he traded for PRODUCES at the MLB level we'll talk.
    How did you come up with this totally arbitrary way of evaluation?
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 08-07-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •