Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Harper is an absolute beat off of a person. Most of emotions are negative. I don't care for his type at all.

Ever since he was a kid, he was told he's the best ever. Dropped out of HS to be draft eligible. First selection, and was treated like the chosen one. Personally, with all his hype leading up to his debut, I'd say he's been a huge disappointment.
    Re-read that thaw. What it seems like is you're mad at the way other people treated him. Notice how you don't have a single (correct) example of something Bryce Harper did in here. It's all "he got this, someone treated him like that".

Look at half the links that was in the posted thing. Bryce Harper's a douche because...of his eye black? Because...he...was excited...about a trophy? His hair? His bandana? It sounds like ****ing middle school. "He has different shoes than me so he's a loooooser! Look at Bryce...he's a looooooser". My god, people, can we be any more superficial?

Honestly, it sounds like many of the people in this discussion who need to grow up are not Bryce Harper. It's the people who can't seem to judge a player by anything other than what he looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Lol. Heís been worth over 35 fWAR by age 27 and heís going to make over $400 million playing baseball. Huge disappointment. Heís probably on his way to Cooperstown. You guys are crazy.

He didnít drop out of HS either. He graduated early and spent a year in a junior college to be draft eligible early. It worked out pretty awesomely.
    I'd say he's been a very good player. An All star type player. I thought he'd be better though. More like a superstar to an MVP career.

He did not graduate early. He dropped out after his sophomore year at age 16

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Re-read that thaw. What it seems like is you're mad at the way other people treated him. Notice how you don't have a single (correct) example of something Bryce Harper did in here. It's all "he got this, someone treated him like that".

Look at half the links that was in the posted thing. Bryce Harper's a douche because...of his eye black? Because...he...was excited...about a trophy? His hair? His bandana? It sounds like ****ing middle school. "He has different shoes than me so he's a loooooser! Look at Bryce...he's a looooooser". My god, people, can we be any more superficial?

Honestly, it sounds like many of the people in this discussion who need to grow up are not Bryce Harper. It's the people who can't seem to judge a player by anything other than what he looks like.
    Sorry, 1908. Sorry if you can't see that he's not the ideal person. At least on the field.

Question. Do you know him? Do you not see the vain narcissistic personality in him at all. I don't know how you can't.

I'd say he's been a very good player. An All star type player. I thought he'd be better though. More like a superstar to an MVP career.

He did. C'mon dude this is easy to look up:

Harper graduated from high school early so that he could attend the College of Southern Nevada, where he won the 2010 Golden Spikes Award.
    It's the second sentence of his wikipedia page.

Sorry, 1908. Sorry if you can't see that he's not the ideal person. At least on the field.

Question. Do you know him? Do you not see the vain narcissistic personality in him at all. I don't know how you can't.
    Do you????

2020 Summer Camp Thread - Wrigley Field Edition

How did he get into college without graduating high school?

He is a superstar, and a MVP. Heís well on his way to a 60+ WAR career if he has even decent health the rest of the way.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-15-2020 at 09:53 PM.

I dont know him. Which is why I haven't called him anything.

I find it incredibly contradictory to say "do you know him?" then, double down on a stereotype...when you dont know him.

The point isn't "he is or isn't a douchebag". Its "how goddamned immature are the people mocking a dude and calling him vain because he wears a bandana and has flowing locks?"

I dont know him. I don't care if hes a dbag. Warning; many of the Cubs players you like are dbags just as bad as you think Harper is. So who cares? The dude id a really ****ing good baseball player. Stop acting like you know him, or have met him, or that it even matters.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    He did. C'mon dude this is easy to look up:

It's the second sentence of his wikipedia page.
    I remember when this happened like it was yesterday. It was an enormous sports story.

"At the age of 16, Bryce Harper recently completed his sophomore year at Las Vegas High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Shortly thereafter, Harper made a decision that will impact the remainder of his life: he dropped out of high school after just two years of attending classes.

Rather than earn his high school diploma, the "Lebron James of baseball," as referred to by Sports Illustrated, will attend the College of Southern Nevada. There, he will be eligible to earn his GED once he is 17 (which is acquired by taking a test and is meant for high school dropouts who can't receive a diploma; actual graduates are almost always more successful down the road compared to GED holders)."

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    How did he get into college without graduating high school?

He is a superstar, and a MVP. Heís well on his way to a 60+ WAR career with decent health in the 2nd half.
    I just posted what happened

A GED or diploma are not needed to attend a junior college.
    Last edited by thawv; 07-15-2020 at 09:57 PM.

You quoted a bleacherreport article that incorrectly stated what happened.

Thatís graduating high school early. A GED is a high school diploma. Goodness.

Heís not some bum high school drop out. He graduated early and spent a year in junior college to enter the draft early and he was the #1 pick who has gone on to be an mvp and accumulate 35 war by age 27 and lock himself into a $400 million career. Heís also on a hall of fame trajectory.

But you see a high school drop out who has been a huge disappointment. Crazy.

I remember when this happened like it was yesterday. It was an enormous sports story.

"At the age of 16, Bryce Harper recently completed his sophomore year at Las Vegas High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Shortly thereafter, Harper made a decision that will impact the remainder of his life: he dropped out of high school after just two years of attending classes.

Rather than earn his high school diploma, the "Lebron James of baseball," as referred to by Sports Illustrated, will attend the College of Southern Nevada. There, he will be eligible to earn his GED once he is 17 (which is acquired by taking a test and is meant for high school dropouts who can't receive a diploma; actual graduates are almost always more successful down the road compared to GED holders)."
    ...so...he's a bad guy...because...he got his GED. Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You quoted a bleacherreport article that incorrectly stated what happened.
    Because you said so? Come on dude.

Like I said, I remember all the hoopla when he dropped out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    ...so...he's a bad guy...because...he got his GED. Are you serious?
    Wait!! Did I really say that?? I certainly don't feel that way. Let me check......Nope, I didn't say that. I said he dropped out of school to become draft eligible.

You have never been been one to just make chit up or put words in someone's mouth. But here we are. I'm very surprise you posted this.

Because you said so? Come on dude.

Like I said, I remember all the hoopla when he dropped out.
    No, he didn't drop out. He graduated with a diploma early. You're the one being obtuse and insisting the phrase of "dropping out" on him. And God forbid a guy who has the opportunity to do something as awesome as Bryce Harper did for being a generational baseball talent takes advantage of it.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast