Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Nah I'm with Papelbon on that one. Bryce didn't run out the pop-up so Papelbon ragged on him, which is what teammates are supposed to do. Then instead of agreeing or apologizing because of his massive ego he mouthed off and probably threw shade and Papelbon went after the little *****. Papelbon is also a ****** though.

Bryce is a piece of crap little punk who throws tantrums like a child constantly, including non running out ground balls. Stop making excuses for entitled pr*cks.
    That's inane. Let's really break this down. First, that's not what teammates are supposed to do. No one appointing Mr. Papelbon Chancellor of the Unwritten Rules. He wasn't a captain on the Nationals. He had been there for a month. In that month, he had already thrown a baseball at Manny Machado's head like a dick and had been suspended. He did that a whopping four days before Harper didn't run out a pop up.

Secondly, Bryce Harper was in the midst, in 2015, of having the a better offensive season than Mike Trout has ever had. Now, don't read "Bryce Harper is better than Trout", that's asinine (about as asinine as this entire discussion, but I digress...), but Trout has never posted a wRC+ higher than Harper's 2015 line. How much of a dumbass do you have to be to take that dude, by the throat and get on his ***? He's literally the biggest reason the Nationals are even in the playoff race at this point. The Nationals had 17.9 offensive fWAR and Bryce Harper alone was like, half of it. Half.

And we're going to say Harper throws "tantrums"? What "tantrums" has he ever thrown? You know what a tantrum looks like? Taking the player having the best season on the team and grabbing him by the throat. Or maybe it would be throwing at Machado's head. Twice. In a row. Because Machado hit a go ahead home run in his last at bat. Maybe it's getting in a fight with a reporter in the lockerroom.

But yeah, it's Bryce Harper who is "entitled" and "throws tantrums". Mr. Papelbon is just an upstanding guy. Lovely teammate.

Lastly, you add that he "probably" threw shade. Why...probably? It's because you want it to be that he threw shade. So he "had it coming". It aids your story if he did. Makes him more of a "prick". Except it's just conjecture from a fan who has no idea but a bone to pick with a specific player.

Harper plays really hard. He loves playing baseball. Yeah, he's kind of loud. Who. Cares. It's 2020. This "Baseball should be played like a stuffy old grandpa. Emotions are for the weak" style is partially what's killing the game. You can have fun. You can be loud. We don't need to go full tilt the other way and completely massacre the game, but we can allow players to, you know, have emotions. And so what, he didn't run out a pop fly. Lots of players haven't. It's the damn MLB. They're not dropping that ball. Sure, it's better if you do...just in case, but it's like the lowest sin one can commit in a game.

Papelbon's a douchebag. Good riddance. Harper may or may not be worth the $300m he got, but Papelbon had no right to touch that man's throat. Don't defend that trash.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-13-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    86 mil for Chapman vs 2 yrs of wade Davis (guessing 13 mil a year). Loosing soler as an asset, even if he doesnít fit with the roster, heís still a relatively valuable trade chip. 2 yrs of Morrow again Iím gna guess 13 mill a year. And 2-3 years with Kimbrel for 15 mil per year. I think Iíd prefer a Chapman signing over what we did.
    I dont disagree, but I think either Chapman wanted to go back to the Yankees or the Cubs just didn't want to commit to 6 years at 17 plus per for a closer which would if limited them to spend elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That's inane. Let's really break this down. First, that's not what teammates are supposed to do. No one appointing Mr. Papelbon Chancellor of the Unwritten Rules. He wasn't a captain on the Nationals. He had been there for a month. In that month, he had already thrown a baseball at Manny Machado's head like a dick and had been suspended. He did that a whopping four days before Harper didn't run out a pop up.

Secondly, Bryce Harper was in the midst, in 2015, of having the a better offensive season than Mike Trout has ever had. Now, don't read "Bryce Harper is better than Trout", that's asinine (about as asinine as this entire discussion, but I digress...), but Trout has never posted a wRC+ higher than Harper's 2015 line. How much of a dumbass do you have to be to take that dude, by the throat and get on his ***? He's literally the biggest reason the Nationals are even in the playoff race at this point. The Nationals had 17.9 offensive fWAR and Bryce Harper alone was like, half of it. Half.

And we're going to say Harper throws "tantrums"? What "tantrums" has he ever thrown? You know what a tantrum looks like? Taking the player having the best season on the team and grabbing him by the throat. Or maybe it would be throwing at Machado's head. Twice. In a row. Because Machado hit a go ahead home run in his last at bat. Maybe it's getting in a fight with a reporter in the lockerroom.

But yeah, it's Bryce Harper who is "entitled" and "throws tantrums". Mr. Papelbon is just an upstanding guy. Lovely teammate.

Lastly, you add that he "probably" threw shade. Why...probably? It's because you want it to be that he threw shade. So he "had it coming". It aids your story if he did. Makes him more of a "prick". Except it's just conjecture from a fan who has no idea but a bone to pick with a specific player.

Harper plays really hard. He loves playing baseball. Yeah, he's kind of loud. Who. Cares. It's 2020. This "Baseball should be played like a stuffy old grandpa. Emotions are for the weak" style is partially what's killing the game. You can have fun. You can be loud. We don't need to go full tilt the other way and completely massacre the game, but we can allow players to, you know, have emotions. And so what, he didn't run out a pop fly. Lots of players haven't. It's the damn MLB. They're not dropping that ball. Sure, it's better if you do...just in case, but it's like the lowest sin one can commit in a game.

Papelbon's a douchebag. Good riddance. Harper may or may not be worth the $300m he got, but Papelbon had no right to touch that man's throat. Don't defend that trash.
    Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Tigers released former Cub prospect P Zack Godley

Just wait until after the election and then start the season so things can get back to normal.

Those of you lucky enough to have Marquee, scrimmage game will be on tonight

MLB tv is showing intrasquad games for free today but so far I donít see the Cubs listed

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Yasiel Puig to the Braves

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yasiel Puig to the Braves
    I don't really like him much but he may have been of some use. Oh well. I just wish our ownership wasn't so destitute. I'd really like to see them try to atleast pick up some relief help before the deadline. It's really going to suck when they keep crying broke and do nothing. Can't trade Q anymore anyway. We're likely headed for a season above the salary cap followed by a season where they drop money again regardless. Atleast give this year a stronger shot.

Miami is now starting to be called the epicenter of Covid-19. California starting to shut down. At this stage I have no idea how we get in a 60 game + playoff season. My state in Australia is in stage 3 lockdown for 6 weeks (can only leave home for essential grocery shopping, work, school, exercise) and the number of active cases are about 1,200 and Australia has had 108 deaths. Some sporting competitions have started over here but now the clubs in my state (around 13 of them) have needed to go to other states where they will remain for the next several weeks to keep their competition going.

How sport can be played around 20,000+ daily cases is a real issue.

Really missed this.

Nice start for Kyle.

One thing about the Marquee broadcast, and maybe this is just because it's a scrimmage, is they do not have the strike zone on the screen. They also aren't displaying the ball/strike count.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Miami is now starting to be called the epicenter of Covid-19. California starting to shut down. At this stage I have no idea how we get in a 60 game + playoff season. My state in Australia is in stage 3 lockdown for 6 weeks (can only leave home for essential grocery shopping, work, school, exercise) and the number of active cases are about 1,200 and Australia has had 108 deaths. Some sporting competitions have started over here but now the clubs in my state (around 13 of them) have needed to go to other states where they will remain for the next several weeks to keep their competition going.

How sport can be played around 20,000+ daily cases is a real issue.
    This is America. Our government has many people convinced that other people's lives don't matter and that the important thing is life goes on as usual. Hell i live in a state that actually did a good job with the virus and most people i see now hate our governor with a passion. It doesn't help that there is very little help for people forced out of work and half the nation ignores any symptoms because they can't afford health care. It's a mess. We'll keep pushing forward as hard as we can, but i do think all of the major sports will be forced to shut down eventually.

Hendricks looking great so far. Yu a bit wild.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast