Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    We were told a couple weeks ago they were close and confident there would be an agreement by the first exhibition game

It just feels like the same line used every time they're asked..

We're close
    We're confidence

I guess we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    We were told a couple weeks ago they were close and confident there would be an agreement by the first exhibition game

It just feels like the same line used every time they're asked..

We're close
    We're confidence

I guess we'll see
    Nothing has really changed. If I was Comcast Iím not agreeing to pay for this channel until itís as clear as possible that the season will happen. Unless the Cubs offer a contingency, thereís no incentive for Comcast to agree before the last minute.

Saw this from Bryan on Twitter who does an excellent job with prospects. I wanted to bring this here to remind everyone of the absolutely insane 2nd half Jack Patterson had last year.

https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...790718976?s=21

Man this guy gets me excited. Mid 90s heater with a hard devastating slider. Hereís the slider:

https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...619821056?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of our higher paid guys stepped up in helping pay minor leaguers? Someone like J-Hey or Lester should help out. Thatís brutal. Helping those guys would be a drop in the bucket to them.

2020 Summer Camp Thread - Wrigley Field Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Saw this from Bryan on Twitter who does an excellent job with prospects. I wanted to bring this here to remind everyone of the absolutely insane 2nd half Jack Patterson had last year.

https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...790718976?s=21

Man this guy gets me excited. Mid 90s heater with a hard devastating slider. Hereís the slider:

https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...619821056?s=21

Piggybacking off of this, there are reports that Patterson will be added to the 60-man player pool, along with Tyson Miller, Justin Steele and Cory Abbott as early as next week

Have any of our higher paid guys stepped up in helping pay minor leaguers? Someone like J-Hey or Lester should help out. Thatís brutal. Helping those guys would be a drop in the bucket to them.

Minor leaguers should get paid better, but Adbert just got a $30k salary advance before getting to camp. Heís probably ok. The responsibility for paying minor leaguers better should fall on ownership, not wealthy players.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Minor leaguers should get paid better, but Adbert just got a $30k salary advance before getting to camp. Heís probably ok. The responsibility for paying minor leaguers better should fall on ownership, not wealthy players.
    Yeah I saw where Sharma had an article on the Athletic clearing up Adbertís comments, but I wasnít able to read it. Also, I totally agree ownership should handle it, but it doesnít mean they will. Iíve seen many other well paid guys step up for other teams to help take care of minor leaguers and I would like to see a Cub do it as well. I know it isnít their place to do that, but I feel for those guys.

Piggybacking off of this, there are reports that Patterson will be added to the 60-man player pool, along with Tyson Miller, Justin Steele and Cory Abbott as early as next week
    Now Iím just waiting on Carraway to be added. He has to be.

Now Iím just waiting on Carraway to be added. He has to be.

If the 4 players get added to the list, they will be at 55 players.

Still 5 spots open so they have plenty of time

Wonder if this will set him back some more..

First the injury and now a loss season to slowly make a comeback and gain more experience , itll be 3 years since pitching in a game next year.

Even if he just had a handful of starts, it would of been something to carry into the offseason and next year

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Nothing has really changed. If I was Comcast Iím not agreeing to pay for this channel until itís as clear as possible that the season will happen. Unless the Cubs offer a contingency, thereís no incentive for Comcast to agree before the last minute.
    I get it if marquee wants 5.00 per customer and Comcast wants 4.00 per and both side are just too stubborn to split down the middle

But unless I need to be educated in this, I dont get the reasoning of not making a deal based on whether they play games or not because the cost will be the same year round and it payed per customers not per games played, by the customers.

I guess I can see Comcast waiting until the season starts before charging customers now, but I didn't understand why they waited and didn't have a deal for ST games and up to 2 weeks before the season was going to start in March before the world ended

Why I'm skeptical with this

2020 Summer Camp Thread - Wrigley Field Edition

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I get it if marquee wants 5.00 per customer and Comcast wants 4.00 per and both side are just too stubborn to split down the middle

But unless I need to be educated in this, I dont get the reasoning of not making a deal based on whether they play games or not because the cost will be the same year round and it payed per customers not per games played, by the customers.

I guess I can see Comcast waiting until the season starts before charging customers now, but I didn't understand why they waited and didn't have a deal for ST games and up to 2 weeks before the season was going to start in March before the world ended

Why I'm skeptical with this
    If they donít play a real game for another 9 months would you want to give them $4 per month per subscriber for each of the next 9 months if you were Comcast? The value is in the games. Real games that people watch, not ST games. Until the games are certain they arenít going to want to pay unless they get some kind of protection. So thatís why itís a last minute thing.

Iím not sure how many total subscribers they have between Comcast and xfinity in the Cubs tv area, but if itís about 1 million @ $4.50 per subscriber per month thatís over $40 million in the next 9 months for a channel that few people care about until a real game is played. Thatís a lot of money.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-11-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast